Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my Sky and I got in a little discussion today. See, as I've mentioned I have a 97 Grand Prix that is modified to the hilt. Not to be satisfied with stock anything the suspension has received work too. The GMPP Adjustable Koni struts and springs were added along with front and rear strut tower braces. In addition, the sway bars both front and rear have been beefed up too. Not to be missed, the stock trailing arms have been swapped out with GMPP units as well. Short of the rear tie rods or Coil Over units this suspension is about as good as the Grand Prix gets.

There is a twisty road that goes over a hill by our base. It's fun, but not very long. I usually wring out the Grand Prix and on one particular sweaper I can push her to 50 and be right there on the edge. That is with the struts firmed up too.

Well, in the course of our discussion today, my Sky and I, she told me she thought she could do better than that. I told her I wasn't sure...sure she handled great but the GP had a lot of power and could run up some serious speed in that corner since it was so wide and sweeping. She said that while she concured the GP would have the power edge, she felt far more capable of sticking that turn.

Well, never to be closed minded I gave her a chance not expecting much. I waited a bit to make sure no cars were on the hill and then gave her a spirited run. She climed up the initial part of the hill and into the first right...nothing major but she did let a little bit of a smirk spread across her grill. I should have known something was up by then but I'm a guy and we're not all that great reading women. Then I opened her up a bit for the quick little left right left chicane before the sweeper...she was moving pretty good with a lot of spirit and let out a little chuckle then gave me a wink. I get into the big sweeping left hander and really get into the throttle. She hunckered down, laughed, and then just ripped up that turn. A glance at the speedo and I'm at 60! She let out a full belly launched gafaw at my amazement and DUG IN HARDER!!!!

Tires turned to claws and apparently someone installed a slot in the road along with a couple of magnets for her to stick this way. My neck streatched 2 feet to the right and I momentarily felt the need to worry about making sure my head stayed within the cockpit of the car. I had to nod it to the left to avoid a tree on the exit of the turn. I now must get my license changed from 6'1" to 6'2.5" but only on the left side of my head...

She shot out of that turn liked a raped ape and bolted up to the crest of the hill like it was a romp on the freeway...sure not as bold as the GP...but spirited in it's own right and at a higher rate of speed since her corner speed had been amazing!

I'm breathing hard by this point hooting and hollering but she was as composed as ever. She had way more to go before she even thought about breaking traction on that corner. She straightened her butresses, setteled on her blue and yellow blisteins, and taughnted me with a long, drawn out, "Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????"

Yea, that'll teach me to doubt her again...DANG. I STILL have a huge smile plastered on my face...

·
Super Moderator
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Problem is I love two of them...good thing neither has a jealous streak or I'd wake up with big azz tire marks on the sheets...and across my head. LOL

Two completely different cars though.

The Grand Prix is like Stacy Keibler. She's got those muscular lines and the power to tear you head off if you piss her off but you know she's got that strong, wild streak in her. You sometimes wonder if you're driving or just along for the ride but really, you don't mind whichever the case may be.

The Sky, on the other hand, is more like...Jessica Rabbit (I know, I know...not a real person but bear with me). She's got those seductive lines and the look in her eyes that she's always up to somthing playful. She's got style and grace but you know she's no priss. She saunters just so and you know she's going to be a wild ride...metaphorically speaking of course. She uses her seductive ways to make you think you're in control and calling the shots when, in reality, you're playing right into what she wants you to do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hmmmmmm . . . and the redline is coming soon!

·
Registered
482 Posts
You go Robotech, I have to live vicariously (sp?) through you.....Maverick is old and slow but still wants to go.

·
Super Moderator
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turk said:
Hmmmmmm . . . and the redline is coming soon!
Yea, I know...but see...I have a sickness. LOL So when the Redline comes out...we're going to see about doing an engine swap...should be entertaining. I figure once the warranty is up...it's free game. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL...she ONLY get's the good stuff...

And I think she'd prefer a cat back and CAI to flowers and a card...but don't tell her that stuff is already on it's way...LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.