Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah a beautiful day this Friday the 19 of May. Yes the sun shining and I had to work. Yes work that four letter dirty word. Work to pay off the SKY that just was dropped this morning off the truck. At 3:30 I said adios to the work part and went down to SATURN of HUNTSVILLE to start the paperwork on number 1576 and to drive it home.. I gave my salesman who adopted me after the original quit a bottle of 2005 MUSCIDINE wine made by me. Yes it is good wine. After all was said and done I drove and drove till I got hungery. My girl and I stopped at a SONIC and had burgers. Then the stares started. Got three people right off the bat asking who owned this car. I answered me. Was asked how long I had it and I said 4 hours. Well if I was a Saturn salesperson I could have sold at least 2 this evening. Of course tomorrow is another day and I have to get the SPITFIRE out of the garage to put the SKY in the garage. I have my work cut out for me . I will post pictures as soon as I get to KROGERS and buy me one of those throw-away cameras. Of course I won't forget to get the perfect backdrop for the Sky nuts that inhabit this forum. Eexxcccuuusssseeee mmmmeeee while I kiss the SKY... on the road again....Skip.. glad the the dealership filled up the tank......:cheers: :cheers: AUSOME TIGER you are next goodbuddy.. to get yours....:) :) :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
congrats and many happy miles

·
Registered
669 Posts
It's about time!!!!!!

Congrats Skip!!!! :cheers:

Hope to see you and that midnight blue some day!!

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Yahoo Skip

WOnderful news Skip, cant wait to see the pictures, make sure your in some of them!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Way cool!:cheers: :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
congrats skip!!

enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

We want to see lots of pictures!!:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Pictures of your car please! Pictures of you with your car. Lots of pictures.:thumbs: It's acturally sad that most people don't seem to post pictures of themselves with their cars.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
rick112 said:
Pictures of your car please! Pictures of you with your car. Lots of pictures.:thumbs: It's acturally sad that most people don't seem to post pictures of themselves with their cars.

:agree: Espcially any yellow Skys:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Another Midnight Blue baby hits the road......:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another Thing

When I went to pick up my Sky I could not. I sat in my old Maxima looking at the showroom floor and there it was. The buildup to a dream that I have had for 9 months. I have been on this forum for so long that I did not ever think that the day would come. There in all its glory was MY roadster. So me being a 56 year old man I did something unusual. I cried like a baby in my Maxima just looking at what was and is my dream. It was in my grasp and I closed my hand. And I grabbed that dream with all that I had. Now if that does not tell you the crazy emotional state that I had at that time I don't know want will. Melody, my girlfriend, companion said come on lets get your dream. As we got out my salesman was walking over and said Skip we got you a personnel plate for your SKY. I looked and there was SKIPPY on a plate. They had turned the dealership plate backwards and had hand written on it. As I approached, I noticed on the front drivers seat was a big jar of SKIPPY peanut butter as a fitting tribute to yours truly. As I held back tears, I sat down in the commanders seat and just took it all in. I was living my dream. I HAD MY SKY.....Just thought that I would put into perspective what a day that I had when I picked up OL BLUE. ....Skip.......:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Now I gotta go and drive tha OL BLUE...one happy man.....:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Be careful driving this late at night, Skip! :D

Great story! It's amazing what these cars do to us!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Skip said:
When I went to pick up my Sky I could not. I sat in my old Maxima looking at the showroom floor and there it was. The buildup to a dream that I have had for 9 months. I have been on this forum for so long that I did not ever think that the day would come. There in all its glory was MY roadster. So me being a 56 year old man I did something unusual. I cried like a baby in my Maxima just looking at what was and is my dream. It was in my grasp and I closed my hand. And I grabbed that dream with all that I had. Now if that does not tell you the crazy emotional state that I had at that time I don't know want will. Melody, my girlfriend, companion said come on lets get your dream. As we got out my salesman was walking over and said Skip we got you a personnel plate for your SKY. I looked and there was SKIPPY on a plate. They had turned the dealership plate backwards and had hand written on it. As I approached, I noticed on the front drivers seat was a big jar of SKIPPY peanut butter as a fitting tribute to yours truly. As I held back tears, I sat down in the commanders seat and just took it all in. I was living my dream. I HAD MY SKY.....Just thought that I would put into perspective what a day that I had when I picked up OL BLUE. ....Skip.......:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Now I gotta go and drive tha OL BLUE...one happy man.....:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
You go boyfriend....:thumbs:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Skip,

I'm happy for you man!

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Congratulations! Skip..Next time I schedule a trip too B-ham I will e-mail you may be we could meet 1/2 way btwn b-ham and Hunt....Seal9:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts