Saturn Sky Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
How hard was it to register it in Canada?
It was actually a very simple process, if you are prepared. The Sky meets all Canadian standards without exception, so there were no hiccups.

I exported the car from the U.S at @ 9:00 am and by 3:30 pm I was putting new Ontario plates on it in my driveway. It had been exported, imported, form 1 submitted, Fed tax paid, RIV fee paid, form 2 returned , Fed inspection done at Can. Tire, Safety done (5 minutes) and back to the Ministry to pay Prov. taxes and get new plates and new ownership form. 1 week later I received the Canadian certification stickers to put on inside of door and everything was complete.

The canadian warranty kicks in when the car reaches 6 months and 12,000 K from the time the car originally hit the road (in Florida). I was actually a few weeks and few Kil. short when I needed service , but the local Saturn manager was great and allowed it in. The car thus became a Canadian car warranty wise.

It was a little stressful at the time because I had never done it before, but in hindsite it was a breeze. Gave up 8000 kilometres and a couple of days of running around, but in the end I had the exact car that I had been dreaming of and had of saved well over 14 grand off purchase as the dollars were at even strength at the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
As the title says: If your Canadian and you read the Canadian section, post here

Doesnt matter where in Canada, but just say something...
Im working on a little project.

Thank you.

Hello From Kitchener Ont

Bluestone/ Tan 08 Redline
5 spd
Black/cashmeer leather
Monsoon MP3
Windscreen
Spoiler

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Oshawa,Ontario
Sky RL fg, just to let you know Saturn dealer in whitby will do the Stage b2 up grade
"Our Parts Dept will be doing an active campaign through our Customer Relations Marketing person in mid- March." price for Flash is $99.00 Dealer is Saturm motorcity,whitby,Ontario and the person is Ernie Bugelli General Manager
Retail Operations Motorcity Saturn
905-430-2350 ext247
I am scheduled for April when my sky rl comes out of its winter sleep.
Great dealer just thought i would let you all know. The more call the better the price we can get the kit for.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Skyrider

Sault Ste. Marie Ontario [5 MINUTES FROM MICHIGAN]
MY SKY IS IN MY IGLOO UNTIL IT MELTS.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
You people on Vancouver Island..., have you heard of the Vancouver Island Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan? I am going to post it up here shortly and send an invitation out to all the Sky's on the Island. This is for the Import/Sport/Tuner community and is the 4th year of the annual event. PM me if you want more information.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Wow! Went through all the posts and found that I never did post in this thread. Live in Welland not far from Niagara Falls.

Can't believe I missed this thread. :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts

Event: 4th Annual Vancouver Island Poker Run For Camp Shawnigan
When: August 17th 2013 Weekend - Based on the timing it is possible to attend the Poker Run and dinner on the Saturday only and be back on the mainland that evening.

Meet and greet with dinner and a cruz - Friday 16th evening
Poker Run with banquet dinner at Mt Washington - Saturday 17th all day.
Brunch and cruz back to Victoria - Sunday 18th.

Where: Starts in Victoria at 9:30am and ends at Mt Washington in the beautiful Comox Valley approximately 6:30 with dinner and awards to follow.
What: The Vancouver Island Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan is an annual event put on by the Vancouver Island S2000 owners. The proceeds of this event go to a very worthy cause in Camp Shawnigan, a summer camp for disabled children. Sending a child to this specialty camp cost parents over $2,300 per child. Help me to send as many children as possible to summer camp. Here is a link provided to me by Camp Shawnigan (BC Lions Society Easter Seals) outlining the good work that they do:

link

Easter Seals Camps

What is a Poker Run? Since I have been asked I thought I would basically explain a Poker run and how it works.

A Poker run is a rally that doesn't have anything to do with speed. Everyone starts from the same location and either travels as a group or single and heads to a common ending point (in our case Mt Washington Resort in the Comox Valley). Along the route there are checkpoints that each vehicle must get to. You are supplied with a detailed map but none of the locations are hard to find. For those that know the island they can take off as a single or as a group and head whatever way they wish. Those that don't know the island and want to have more of the scenic tour can go with another group that will have some local owners and we will take the ocean routes to the checkpoints.

At each checkpoint will be a deck of cards. Each car selects a card. If you don't like the card you get, you can pre-purchase "mulligan" tickets which allow you to exchange the card at the checkpoint and return the card you first selected. Mulligan tickets are purchased at the start of the event and you can only purchase 3 tickets. Of course you "draw" a card you don't get to see what it is until after you have it in your hand.

Once you get to the finish you should have 7 cards. From those cards you make the best Poker hand you can and submit it to the event people. We have a nice sit down dinner at Mt Washington Resort (last year was Carved Roast Beef and Chicken Cordon Bleu with a great selection of salads and other nice things). During the dinner you are encouraged to purchase tickets for the silent auction items with all proceeds going to Camp Shawnigan. After dinner we award the silent auction items and we then award prize money to the 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd place card hands.

After that we have the bar and the facilities until midnight.

Most of the participants will stay on the Mountain in various accommodations that are available. Participants of the Poker Run do get a special rate on the Mountain. It is also possible to attend the festivities and still make it down to Nanaimo to catch the ferry to the mainland, should staying overnight not be an option. The next day we normally cruise back to Victoria as a group stopping someplace for lunch. This year it is proposed that we may include a further 'sight seeing' tour further up the island, before making our way back.

Any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or fire me an email at [email protected]

Thanks and I hope you can make it out to this worthwhile event.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Had my car out yesterday for a good workout! It's been a nice winter on the island, just a little wet from time to time!

81 - 100 of 136 Posts