Saturn Sky Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a Canadian from Hamilton who was transplanted to Cleveland Ohio!
Hey , Hope all is fine for you guys you have quite a cold spell over there, here we have one week snow and freezing rain and the next -31 Celsius.

Sky is sleeping in the warm garage under the covers..... can't wait until spring!:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Holy thread resurrection!

Was never sure about the title of this thread - do you have to be Canadian AND live in Canada to post? We have quite a few Americans who live in Canada (probably increased after the last election).

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
Holy thread resurrection!

Was never sure about the title of this thread - do you have to be Canadian AND live in Canada to post? We have quite a few Americans who live in Canada (probably increased after the last election).
Setting aside the mis-use of "your", it would seem that only Canadian citizens are authorized to post here, regardless where they live, as long as they read the Canadian forum. "Canadian" and "Canadian resident" are not synonymous. "Americans" living in Canada are still US citizens unless they have officially switched citizenship, and vice-versa.

Since you used the term the way you did, can I assume you are not a Canadian who takes offense at US citizens calling themselves Americans? I was once testily informed that "We are Americans too!"

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
"If you are Canadian" or "If you're Canadian" is OK, as JohnWR points out. But, "If your Canadian" does not fit. Again, as JohnWR points out.

An easy test is just speak ... what we write. A common mistake that could be avoided, IMO. And, I'm not a freak about English and far from an English teacher, LOL.

Another common misuse is "THEN" and "THAN". The first one is 'time' related, and the second one is a 'comparison' of two events.

Not meaning to be critical of anyone, but proper use does make the reading easier, IMO. Others on the forum may even catch miscues that even I make, and that is also a good lesson too. :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Setting aside the mis-use of "your", it would seem that only Canadian citizens are authorized to post here, regardless where they live, as long as they read the Canadian forum. "Canadian" and "Canadian resident" are not synonymous. "Americans" living in Canada are still US citizens unless they have officially switched citizenship, and vice-versa.

Since you used the term the way you did, can I assume you are not a Canadian who takes offense at US citizens calling themselves Americans? I was once testily informed that "We are Americans too!"
Yes an unfortunate error in the title. My guess is that no Canadian would say they are "American" these days but they may agree to be called "North American" in reference to the continent. That is not an insult to anyone, but reflects the term "American" has been used in most contexts as referring to those who are from the USA.

Anyway back to the cars - visited mine today at the storage location and was a bit disappointed to see all the crap that was stored around my car (propane tanks, van seats, shovels, power-washer). I think I'll pay more next year to get into a better storage place.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
:cheers:Better late than never.bought my RL in October 08 new it now has 38k on it.I'm in Midland Ontario just north of Barrie and it doesn't matter if the ground hog saw his shadow or not it's still going to be 8 weeks until the sky comes out of the garage at best.:cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
:cheers:Better late than never.bought my RL in October 08 new it now has 38k on it.I'm in Midland Ontario just north of Barrie and it doesn't matter if the ground hog saw his shadow or not it's still going to be 8 weeks until the sky comes out of the garage at best.:cheers:
Bought mine in July but needed some work to get it certified but managed to put 2000 kms in September and October. I am in the London area so hopefully spring comes quicker down here.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
In this day and age the "your " and "you're " mistake can be the auto correct thingy too.
You are so right about the auto-correct. That is the single reason to read every post before you Submit the post. And don't forget to read it after it is posted, if you can. The edit function, if completed right away, won't even show that an edit has occurred when done immediately or very close to posting. :thumbs:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone in Canada know where to get performance parts? Tired of paying the ridiculous shipping fees from DDM, Windrestrictor and RPM as well as getting the nasty customs bills in the mail.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Solo is in Canada so no worries there if you are after exhaust.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone in Canada know where to get performance parts? Tired of paying the ridiculous shipping fees from DDM, Windrestrictor and RPM as well as getting the nasty customs bills in the mail.
If you are close to a border crossing, ship to a company that will hold your stuff until you can come pick it up. I use cbiusa.com in Niagara Falls, NY.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you are close to a border crossing, ship to a company that will hold your stuff until you can come pick it up. I use cbiusa.com in Niagara Falls, NY.
Agreed. Often times is free shipping to the US and ridiculous shipping to us here in Canada.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I had a couple of rather large powered subwoofers shipped to an accommodation address just across the border, and went and picked them up and cleared them through customs myself. Shipping cost about half what it would have direct to my Canadian address.

And never, ever use UPS for corss border shipping - they'll charge you a $30 customs fee on a $1 asher that would have sailed straight through in the mail.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts