Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a letter sent to Saturn Dealerships regarding the price increase. Take a copy of this to your dealer if he says you are not price protected.

2007 Saturn Interim Price Change Effective 8/28/2006
Message #: SAF20060028

Saturn will announce revised 2007 model year Suggested Retail prices effective with vehicles produced on or after August 28, 2006. The revised Suggested Retail prices will affect the Ion, Sky, Vue and Relay. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GM Dealerworld under Sales &/Or F&I Tabs effective August 28, 2006. Reference administrative message #VSF20040006 (dated February 26, 2004) for more information regarding this web site.

All qualified bona fide sold retail orders entered in VOMS on or before August 27, 2006 and delivered to the original customer after that date will be price protected. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production. A letter explaining the price protection process along with Bona Fide Summaries will be sent the week of June 26.

Also see my other post with the different rules for price protection. Call GM if you have to.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Deluke - thank you VERY much!!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to get this info and post it. You are super helpful and by posting this will help many people avoid a 1,000.00 increase. We owe you.

Ronda

·
Registered
153 Posts
A letter explaining the price protection process along with Bona Fide Summaries will be sent the week of June 26.
This part baffles me. Why wait until June to send letter?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
awesome, yes thanks deluke!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is a letter sent to Saturn Dealerships regarding the price increase. Take a copy of this to your dealer if he says you are not price protected.

2007 Saturn Interim Price Change Effective 8/28/2006
Message #: SAF20060028

Saturn will announce revised 2007 model year Suggested Retail prices effective with vehicles produced on or after August 28, 2006. The revised Suggested Retail prices will affect the Ion, Sky, Vue and Relay. Dealer invoice amounts will increase accordingly. Dealer discounts remain unchanged.

Dealer price schedules will be available in GM Dealerworld under Sales &/Or F&I Tabs effective August 28, 2006. Reference administrative message #VSF20040006 (dated February 26, 2004) for more information regarding this web site.

All qualified bona fide sold retail orders entered in VOMS on or before August 27, 2006 and delivered to the original customer after that date will be price protected. These units will be invoiced at prices in effect at the date of production. A letter explaining the price protection process along with Bona Fide Summaries will be sent the week of June 26.

Also see my other post with the different rules for price protection.
Yes, but here is where the confusion begins...My dealer entered the info on the 28th, not the 27th as stated in the letter. The price that was listed on the order receipt (GM Workbench) is the old, non-increased price. My argument is that since this is an accepted preliminary order, with an order number (KKHXP1), I should receive the price that Saturn has listed (my argument might be weak, however). The General Manager understands my point and kicked the paperwork upstairs to the regional manager for further review. Now, I hear that others here are receiving the old price on orders submitted on the 28th AND the 29th due to GM's guidelines. So, what is the correct procedure here? Do I have any valid reason here to insist on the price listed on my order?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, but here is where the confusion begins...My dealer entered the info on the 28th, not the 27th as stated in the letter. The price that was listed on the order receipt (GM Workbench) is the old, non-increased price. My argument is that since this is an accepted preliminary order, with an order number (KKHXP1), I should receive the price that Saturn has listed (my argument might be weak, however). The General Manager understands my point and kicked the paperwork upstairs to the regional manager for further review. Now, I hear that others here are receiving the old price on orders submitted on the 28th AND the 29th due to GM's guidelines. So, what is the correct procedure here? Do I have any valid reason here to insist on the price listed on my order?
I agree you should ! Yes, the letter states the price increase is 8/28/06. And you have 1 day past the 28th to get the protection if you look at the price protection guidlines. If you have a problem call Saturn or GM corporate offices.

Here are part of the guidelines that you need from GM's price protection policy.

A). PROTECTION ELIGIBILITY DATES ARE DICTATED BY THE CUSTOMER AND
DEALER ORDER DATES AS FOLLOWS:

-CUSTOMER ORDER DATE MUST BE PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE.

-DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE.

B). OPEN ACCOUNT CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED AUTOMATICALLY BY DEALER
ACCOUNTING FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF A SOLD ORDER IF PROGRAM
PARAMETERS ARE MET, I.E., ELIGIBLE ORDER DATE/TYPE/MODEL/OPTION
CONTENT, ORDERING/DELIVERING NAME MATCH, ETC.

C). DEALER SYSTEMS ORDER DATE MUST BE NO MORE THAN ONE WORK DAY
AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE INCREASE ON ORDERS THAT ARE PRICE
PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE (FLEET WITH FVX/VQ, ETC.). ORDERS
ENTERED MORE THAN ONE CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THE PRICE
INCREASE WILL GENERATE INVOICES AT AN INCREASED PRICE LEVEL. PRICE
PROTECTION, WHERE APPROPRIATE, CAN BE REQUESTED ON THESE ORDERS
ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS IN GUIDELINE 5.

E). IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X.

F). A DEALER SHOULD REQUEST A CHARGEBACK OF ANY MONEYS PAID AUTOMATICALLY
THAT ARE NOT DUE BY COMPLETING AN INCENTIVE INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
(ICR). THE VIN AND INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT' SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH AN
EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION.

H). UNLESS A VEHICLE IS PRICE PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE, THE DIVISION
REQUIRES THAT THE VEHICLE BE DELIVERED PRIOR TO PAYMENT OF PRICE
PROTECTION.

I). PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

J). DEALERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF ALL PRICE
PROTECTION CREDITS.

K). DELIVERY DATA MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO PAYMENT.

Keep in mind that the procedures I have refered to are just for automatic price protection payment to the dealership (so they can pass it on to the buyer). Price protection can still be obtained in certain cases through an application process.

Based on the price protection guidelines, that have I been posting from, there are actually two types of price protection, "automatic" and "work hard at it".

Automatic has several requirements. The sold ordered must be taken before the price increase takes effect. The order must be placed in VOMS within a day of the price increase. It must be entered as a retail sold order with a buyers name and address. The car must be delivered as soon as possible. It must be delivered in the name and address of the buyer as listed on the order in VOMS. If all these take place then the dealership will automatically received credit for the increase in price from GM/Pontiac.

Work hard at it would be any situation that dosen't meet all the requirements for automatic. Because it is applied for manually, it requires more paperwork and it has to be completed correctly. There must be a buyers agreement with prices executed before the price increase date. The car must be delivered/sold at the old price. The buyers agreement/incentive acknowledgment must list the price protection. All that is submitted along with a special form to GM for consideration.

Now last year some site members ran into this situation with price protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Dealer
I have thought of a situation where a dealership may believe that a otherwise qualified buyer should not get the benefit of price protection. If the sales agreement is for "MSRP" or "Sticker" but not a dollar amount. The dealership could feel that they are deserving of the new higher "MSRP" or "Sticker" price, since a dollar value was not promised.

In this case if ordered properly, the dealership will be receiving reinbursement for the price increase. So in effect they will be getting more then that said they would be willing to take for the sale.

Anyone in this situation should just tell the dealership that they know they are receiving the money and that it should be passed to you in the form of the lower older MSRP.

To make sure that you are price protected you will need at minimum:
1) A signed Purchase Agreement dated bfore the price increase and listing the old price.
2) The car delivered at the old price.
3) Signed Bill-of-Sale showing delivery at the old price.
4) Signed Incentive Acknowledgement form listing Price Protect as being recieved.
5) Signed Odometer Statement for the date of delivery.

It would help if there was Autobook print outs with the order information and pricing, dated before the increase. If the order was correctly in VOMS or Dealer Workbench as a Retail Sold order before the increase. If the car is delivered to the same name and address that it was ordered in.

INFORMATIONAL POST ABOUT PRICE INCREASE AND PRICE PROTECTION PROCEDURES. NO REPLIES ABOUT IF THE INCREASE WAS NEEDED PLEASE. JUST PROCEDURE QUESTIONS. THANK YOU

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree you should ! Yes, the letter states the price increase is 8/28/06. And you have 1 day past the 28th to get the protection if you look at the price protection guidlines. If you have a problem call Saturn or GM corporate offices.

Thanks, deluke. I'm going to wait to hear from her after she gets a response from regional. I did send her your other posts explaining the guidelines and the order requirements. Strangely, she never responded. I'm beginning to wonder here. How come I feel like they know something that they're not admitting. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, deluke. I'm going to wait to hear from her after she gets a response from regional. I did send her your other posts explaining the guidelines and the order requirements. Strangely, she never responded. I'm beginning to wonder here. How come I feel like they know something that they're not admitting. I hope I'm wrong.
Your Welcome and Good Luck ! Let us know how you made out.

·
Registered
820 Posts
This price protection should apply to people who have been on waiting lists for over a year as the first in line and haven't gotten an order. My dealer first told me I would be ordering mid to late august, then said early Sept. I'm wondering if he just waited to allow for the price increase.....does the increase benefit the dealer or GM?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This price protection should apply to people who have been on waiting lists for over a year as the first in line and haven't gotten an order. My dealer first told me I would be ordering mid to late august, then said early Sept. I'm wondering if he just waited to allow for the price increase.....does the increase benefit the dealer or GM?
Price protection doesn't carry over from one model year to another. But if you read the rules and have all the documents you need it will be price protected as long as you have all the info needed. But only on the 2007 model. The ddealer can complete forms azs long as you have the paper work. But the credit will be given after the sale.

). IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VEHICLE DEEMED ELIGIBLE FOR PRICE PROTECTION
THAT WAS NOT GENERATED ON THE INVOICE OR CREDITED AUTOMATICALLY
WITHIN ONE MONTH FOLLOWING DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE, (E.G. CHANGING
A STOCK ORDER TO SOLD, INCORRECT FLEET ORDER, PROBLEMS WITH
ORDERING NAME MATCHING DELIVERING NAME), CONTACT THE DEALER BUSINESS
CENTER SALES SUPPORT AT X-XXX-XXX-XXXX prompt X.
F). A DEALER SHOULD REQUEST A CHARGEBACK OF ANY MONEYS PAID AUTOMATICALLY
THAT ARE NOT DUE BY COMPLETING AN INCENTIVE INFORMATION REQUEST FORM
(ICR). THE VIN AND INCENTIVE CODE 'PPT' SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH AN
EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION.

H). UNLESS A VEHICLE IS PRICE PROTECTED ON THE INVOICE, THE DIVISION
REQUIRES THAT THE VEHICLE BE DELIVERED PRIOR TO PAYMENT OF PRICE
PROTECTION.

I). PRICE PROTECTION MUST BE REFLECTED ON BILL OF SALE AND CUSTOMER
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND/OR ASSIGNMENT FORM IS REQUIRED.

J). DEALERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF ALL PRICE
PROTECTION CREDITS.

K). DELIVERY DATA MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO PAYMENT.

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Thanks Deluke. Armed with your information I called the sales mangler today and he reluctantly confirmed my old price. Still at 3400, but the week isn't over yet. As long as it's not a Friday afternoon car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thank you Deluke. Yesterday I talked to the guy that orders at my dealership after reading your post about price protection. He had no idea there was a price increase, and told me there was no price protection if I wasn't in the system. I told him that is why I was calling him and sent him an e-mail quoting you. I called tonight and he was gone so I talked to the GM. He pulled my file and we discussed this issue. Interestingly enough, I now have an order number KKTGR and I expressed my concern that I would be charged the increase because they didn't know what was going on. He told me I was the only one on the list that has an order number...as of today. He also told me he would work with corporate to ensure I was covered. We shall see!!! :driving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts