Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I WENT OVER THE THE SOLSTICE FORUM AND THERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF A "JUST DELIVERED BLACK SOLSTICE. IT'S IN THE GALLERY WITH THE TOP UP, AS WELL. IT'S UNDER THE HEADING "EOP 555". THE PICS ARE COOL, AS I WILL BE GETTING THE BLACK ONYX "SKY". I LIKE THE SOL, BUT I CAN'T GET PAST THAT FRONT END. MY "SKY" IS GONNA LOOK SOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Supposedly DelNari has his Solstice in his garage. Why doesn't he post all the pics we want of the car but can't get: top up, engine, etc.????

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
wtxhl said:
Supposedly DelNari has his Solstice in his garage. Why doesn't he post all the pics we want of the car but can't get: top up, engine, etc.????
He posted a thread over there with images of his car. We now have 6 people with confirmed deliveries of their Solstices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BTW it would be nice if you refrained from posting in big bold letters in caps. It kind of hurts your eyes. :willy: Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
He posted a thread over there with images of his car. We now have 6 people with confirmed deliveries of their Solstices.
Someone in the subdivision behind me has a Red one sitting in his garage, has been there since they where released for that party. I am very tempted to bang on his door and ask him for a test drive.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
castleking said:
BTW it would be nice if you refrained from posting in big bold letters in caps. It kind of hurts your eyes. :willy: Thanks in advance!
IS THAT BETTER? :eek:

·
Registered
554 Posts
wtxhl said:
I have posted the pictures of it just off the truck yesterday. The car is now in the safe and loving hands of Mallett Cars.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Delnari said:
I have posted the pictures of it just off the truck yesterday. The car is now in the safe and loving hands of Mallett Cars.
If you can answer this, what happens to the old engine that they yank out? Do you get it back?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nope, all parts are resold to the general public for cents of the dollar. I spoke with Mr. Chuck Mallett today and he indicated that you can buy these parts (complete motors, clutches, etc.) for less than 50% of the GM list price!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Do you know how many other Solstices Mallett has for conversion? Just wondering how many V8 first 1000 cars will be on the road.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Delnari said:
Nope, all parts are resold to the general public for cents of the dollar. I spoke with Mr. Chuck Mallett today and he indicated that you can buy these parts (complete motors, clutches, etc.) for less than 50% of the GM list price!
Might be good for someone who wants to attempt to make the 2.4 "chargable" by providing them cheap parts to play with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Delnari said:
WILL YOURS BE FITTED WITH THE DUAL EXHAUST?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
reedred said:
Do you know how many other Solstices Mallett has for conversion? Just wondering how many V8 first 1000 cars will be on the road.
Delnari's Solstice is Mallett car #1, and will be pretty much the first official test bed/development car. I really don't expect to see any more cars even get picked up by Mallett till he completes his car as a proof of concept. Then shows it off at SEMA of course. He better get to work, he's only got till Nov 1st when SEMA starts to have it ready.

I'm not interested in the actual engine conversion, however I'm extremely excited to see what he does with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks Brentil, the car will be the die for all conversions afterwards. It will have every option Mallett can think of and will use it as a showcase for potential buyers.

The problem is, Mallett can only do 100 cars a year (that's Solstice and Skies combined). So for this first year anyway, there will be a limited number of cars made. Yes, $18k is a lot of money to spend, but doing this to a limited production car will really make it very valuable. How much? Only time will tell.

If you are interested having the conversion done then don't hesitate to call now. He has a customer (big dealership out West) who is ready to order 50 cars once the prototype is complete. So, I don't suspect a lot of us average car buyers will get any special priority if we wait too long to order. Must be nice for a dealer to have over 1/2 million dollars to invest on something unseen and will have to wait until next year to get.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
I'm not interested in the actual engine conversion, however I'm extremely excited to see what he does with the rest of the car.
This is why I don't like the idea. If GM sold the 2.8 or 3.6 DOHC Engines as Crates, I'd swap the engine myself (I might have to take the CTS tranny, but I think it's the same one in the SKY). 2.8/3.6 (maybe w/ a Turbo) would be more than enough power.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
Delnari's Solstice is Mallett car #1, and will be pretty much the first official test bed/development car. I really don't expect to see any more cars even get picked up by Mallett till he completes his car as a proof of concept. Then shows it off at SEMA of course. He better get to work, he's only got till Nov 1st when SEMA starts to have it ready.

Brentil,
I thought TerpFan Vin # 206 was picked up by Mallett and he is doing and LS7 on it, he also said he is geting a SKY and having Mallett put the LS2 in it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
All this talk about a V8 Kappa doesn't make any sense if the GM tuner "bible" lists parts to make a 500+ hp Ecotec engine! I would much rather have a high hp 4 cylinder than a nose-heavy V8 car any day.

·
Registered
623 Posts
wtxhl said:
All this talk about a V8 Kappa doesn't make any sense if the GM tuner "bible" lists parts to make a 500+ hp Ecotec engine! I would much rather have a high hp 4 cylinder than a nose-heavy V8 car any day.
Well the LS7 would be fine, it weighs almost nothing for being a 500 HP V8, but it is built by hand so expensive and limited in production.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ahh, a platform that so many people see as a potential for customization.

From SC, to Turbo, to Inline Twin turbos, to the ecotec buildup...

to V6's and V8's... Seems to be something for everyone.

This should be interesting... Total engine swaps aren't the thing for me, personally, but I'm coming around :lol: I'm beginning to be intrigued and would love to drive an LS2 or LS7 version of the car.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a chance.

·
Registered
554 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Brentil,
I thought TerpFan Vin # 206 was picked up by Mallett and he is doing and LS7 on it, he also said he is geting a SKY and having Mallett put the LS2 in it.
Yes sir! The car is undergoing development next month at Mallett HQ. I will have actual pictures to post come October timeframe.

The Sky version will be much more on the tamer side with only 400 hp :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts