Saturn Sky Forum banner

? illinois and area skys?

6K views 87 replies 15 participants last post by  Skip 
#1 ·
Anyone have any plans for the weekend?????? anyone want to get together for a few hours and drive??? ANYWHERE?????? would love to get together and meet up and look at our babies!!!!!! LET ME KNOW..... PM ME.. or email me .. sky_baby_07@yahoo.com thanks.... SkyBaby-07

#4 ·
They put a preliminary order in for my Redline, am I invited?

#5 ·
YEP...... everyone is invited....... ..... anyone have a plan as to where to drive the first time???..... i will get ahold of the 2 skys here by rockford..... which day is better.. saturday or sunday????? SkyBaby-07

#6 ·
SkyBaby said:
hey now..... you can still come along...... love to meet you and the mrs. SKyBaby-07
While meeting other SKY owners and putting faces to all I've met here -- going WITHOUT a SKY is impossible -- at some point I'd slit my wrists...

#7 ·
Weather permitting, maybe I'll head that way this weekend.

Would you be doing this closer to Indiana? SE Michigan is far, but not that far. I could visit friends in Chicago......

Problem is, I don't want to take the freeway (boring), so it would be a LONG drive on 2-lanes to get there.

My SKY has been patiently waiting in my garage since Wednesday night, and I won't be back home until late Friday, so I can't wait to get driving.

#8 ·
Hi,
I'm up for a Sunday run-weather permitting!
Any where close to Chicago/North West Indiana.

#9 ·
Rick... i will make sure Brian is there with his surgeon bag.... i will assist... would love to meet you guys..... i dont mind driving around chicago area.... SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHERE IS A GREAT SPOT TO DRIVE OUR BABIES!!!! SkyBaby-07

#10 ·
SkyBaby said:
SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHERE IS A GREAT SPOT TO DRIVE OUR BABIES!!!! SkyBaby-07
See that's the point -- aint got no baby to drive

#14 ·
IL Run

Sky:

I was thinking of a run from Rockford (breakfast at the Machine Shed) to New Glarus (lunch at the Stube with fudge from down the street) to Oregon (IL2 from Byron down to Grand Detour and back to the Blackhawk Steak Pit), but like others, I'm confined to an SUV until my order is at least imaged.

Maybe later.:banghead:

#15 ·
If we're gonna talk dream runs -- Rt 1 South out of Chicago -- St Anne (see the horse farms) and further. Winding through farm country - pacing the Illinois Central City of New Orleans (track runs along side for a goodly part of the ride). We can go as far south as you want (Rt 1 will take you to Tennesee). . . Great little sights along the way and lots of unsupervised roads....:thumbs:

#16 ·
DSqr said:
Sky:

I was thinking of a run from Rockford (breakfast at the Machine Shed) to New Glarus (lunch at the Stube with fudge from down the street) to Oregon (IL2 from Byron down to Grand Detour and back to the Blackhawk Steak Pit), but like others, I'm confined to an SUV until my order is at least imaged.

Maybe later.:banghead:
sounds great..... i live in byron.... are you in rockford? pm me or email me. SkyBaby-07

#18 ·
Eye on Sky said:
That sounds like a interesting run I'm up for it. SkyBaby I did text you yesterday I was intown, call when you get a chance. Cleaning car today it just poured coming home from Rockford last night.
Darn phone didnt work yesterday... i may be going to shaumberg today..... nothing to do....... text me or call.... it works now.... SkyBaby-07

#20 ·
Show-Club Sponsor

I went to my dealer to get copy of update of my RL order from GM. The Sales Manager got it for me right away, I asked if I could change anything on it(I want Bluestone) he said no they picked up the order already. I said I thought I had 5 days from when it was picked up at factory, he said the GM expediated your order and it cannot be changed now. I saw the GM and the owner out looking at my Sky so I went out and talked to them. The owner wanted to no where to get the 3M Bra he wants one for his Sky. He is a real SkyGuy we talked for a about a half hour about Sky. As we talked I told him that Sky owners on the net in Illinois are tring to start some drives where we get a bunch of Skys together and terrorize the streets, he first asked if he was invited, and then made the pitch. He offered his Dealership in Downers Grove(he owns 6 dealerships) to sponsor a show and asked the GM to set up clinics on the Sky and make like a party atmosphere for a show. As we talked he asked about a Car Club In Illinois that he would be interested in helping sponsor one. What do our Illinois and surrounding states think? It would be fun to get together show our cars and meet. He was talking about video and having local press to document our get together. I think it would be a blast

#21 ·
Eye on Sky said:
I went to my dealer to get copy of update of my RL order from GM. The Sales Manager got it for me right away, I asked if I could change anything on it(I want Bluestone) he said no they picked up the order already. I said I thought I had 5 days from when it was picked up at factory, he said the GM expediated your order and it cannot be changed now. I saw the GM and the owner out looking at my Sky so I went out and talked to them. The owner wanted to no where to get the 3M Bra he wants one for his Sky. He is a real SkyGuy we talked for a about a half hour about Sky. As we talked I told him that Sky owners on the net in Illinois are tring to start some drives where we get a bunch of Skys together and terrorize the streets, he first asked if he was invited, and then made the pitch. He offered his Dealership in Downers Grove(he owns 6 dealerships) to sponsor a show and asked the GM to set up clinics on the Sky and make like a party atmosphere for a show. As we talked he asked about a Car Club In Illinois that he would be interested in helping sponsor one. What do our Illinois and surrounding states think? It would be fun to get together show our cars and meet. He was talking about video and having local press to document our get together. I think it would be a blast
I am all over it -- BTW same owner (Tinley Park Saturn -- same owner as Downers)
Just waiting for my SKY!
Did I mention I was waiting for my SKY??:banghead:

#23 ·
SkyBaby said:
Rick... i dont think you mentioned that you are waiting for something... gosh... for the life of me i cant remember what it was????? SkyBaby-07
It is just because I am awaiting the arrival of my SKY :brentil:

Did I mention my SKY was not here yet??:confused:

#24 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
It is just because I am awaiting the arrival of my SKY :brentil:

Did I mention my SKY was not here yet??:confused:
Rick... I GOT A GREAT IDEA.......

1. get away from your desk

2. walk to the soda machine

3. go out of your office and out the front door of the building

4. LOOK UP..... THERE IS THE SKY!!!! see it was there the whole time! SkyBaby-07

#25 ·
Sky Club

There will be in-laws and out-laws. Rick and I fit into the latter group, waiting almost patiently for news from the front and feeling like we're getting it from the back:brentil:

#26 ·
Do we have a count as to WHO can join for a drive from ROCKFORD... TO WHEREVER???? either saturday or sunday?????? LET MYSELF OR EYEONESKY KNOW..... and we will meet up..........

MEET UP AT MACHINE SHED IN ROCKFORD..... COME ON ALL..... LETS FIGURE OUT SAT. OR SUN.. AND TIME...... SkyBaby-07

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.