Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We kind of touched on some names for a Illinois Sky club. I came up with a few, but really like the first one.

1) Illini Sky Club We could work the chief emblem into the graphic.
2) Illini Skys
3) Illinois Skys
4) Illinois Sky Club

OK,, SkyBaby, Rick, Eye..... shall we put it to a vote, and name our officers?

Would be nice to show off some shirts, hats,,, at Downer's Grove.

Thoughts,,, Ideas....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
AWESOME........ i am game for the first being the name.... and let me know about apparel... oopsy.. spelled wrong...... anyway.... call me or have Sharon call...... i am up for a tank top (pink of course) with SKYBABY on the back..... and the name on front left......... WAY TOO COOL....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Limiting it to Illinois may be a bit too much. As we spoke at BEST we will have 100-150 SKY in teh entire state. If we were lucky enough to capture 10% (which in any sales game is good) we'd have 10-15 members. Any successul gathering could figure a 50% turnout -- which would be the five we had.
We need to go Midwest - at least 4-5 states... Otherwise we are crippling ourselves right out of the gate

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok..... MIDWEST SKY CLUB...... and underneath our emblems we can have Illinois Region on it?????? ..... ok... now.... OFFICERS????? any suggestions???? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great lakes Sky Club, like the region on this forum, I do like the larger area, then a local chapter.

Lets make this happen captain!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GLSC Illinois Div Has a ring to it -- or we can go GLKC Illinois Div and include Kappa cars in general...:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Sounds good............ so.... who volunteers .. yourself or another for any OFFICES???????? Start the nominations...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am not a detail kind of a guy... So I am an enthusiastic follower and idea guy. I am an OK teacher, but not a leader.

The first thing – before we talk “who does what” & “who IS what.” Is; we have to be able to say – in one, maybe two sentences – what we are. We have to state WHO we are and finally, What do we do?
Is it more of a social SKY club? A touring club? Do we get active in shows and runs or just get together with other SKY/Kappa owners and party?
What is our structure? Is there a “Membership?” Does it cost money – are there “Dues”??
Long before we order patches and hats and tee shirts we have to be sure what it IS we are putting ON them. What it is – what it means?
I think we have a LOT of talking and we need to visit with other car clubs to see what it is they do. We are a farther away from GLKC-Illinois Division then just apparel.

This is not "Let's put on a show - Let's paint the barn," kind of a thing. We need to put a lot of planning in before we move to clubhood.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang it,, reality sinks in! Rick is right..... Maybe we can all get together for 30 minutes on the 15th to start a list of action items.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok..... Rick and SkiHi..... i am sure EYE will agree... we will take some time on the 15th and get things ironed out...... I am more than willing to hold an office... since i am probably one of the least busy ones... and have lots of time to DO things......... I will start writing my ideas down and you all do the same... we will compare and decide as we go.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
Dang it,, reality sinks in! Rick is right..... Maybe we can all get together for 30 minutes on the 15th to start a list of action items.
Gee thanx Rick...... FOR A REALITY KICK...hehehe.... it is all good in theory.. but,... we gotta make it realistic.... UGH... not quite a fly... but a gnat in the ointment..... nothing we cant handle...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just Back from Arkansas

I just got back from Arkansas for Aunt's Funeral. 10 hours straight in The Sky. You know that light pink a lobster has after boiling, I'm about 10times worse.
Mid-west Club is the better idea, but we should be contacting other Kappa clubs for affiliation to a National Group.

SkyBaby you are the craft person why not make up a couple of one off shirts as a jumping off point for the Club at the Downers Grove Sky Party Show on July 15th. I'm sure all the Sky owners that are coming will have plenty of ideas along with future owners.

Maybe make up a sign and sign-up sheet so we can gauge response.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
An idea -- when the time comes and we feel more comfortable as to what and who we are, Let's have patches made rather than tees - jackets etc... This way we and put a patch on a SKY shirt -- yet a Sol owner can use what they want/ Also -- a nicely embroidered patch would be great and allow each to use them as they want. Then we can get Illinois patches made to attach and any other state can do the same....
That aside I am fully confident that we can iron this all out and get some organization together – It’s a damn good idea!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I just got back from Arkansas for Aunt's Funeral. 10 hours straight in The Sky. You know that light pink a lobster has after boiling, I'm about 10times worse.
Mid-west Club is the better idea, but we should be contacting other Kappa clubs for affiliation to a National Group.

SkyBaby you are the craft person why not make up a couple of one off shirts as a jumping off point for the Club at the Downers Grove Sky Party Show on July 15th. I'm sure all the Sky owners that are coming will have plenty of ideas along with future owners.

Maybe make up a sign and sign-up sheet so we can gauge response.
Very GLAD you made it back safely.... just like a lobster.. but safe..... pm me or..... text me and we can chat.... i am feeling not so good tonight... going to bed.... so, the morning would be great.... btw, when are you going back to DG? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
421 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
What time is everyone planning on getting to Downers Grove on the 15th? I'd hate to drive down and miss y'all. I'm looking forward to meeting in person.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be running hard, to get there much before 9:30 - 9:45

·
Registered
745 Posts
Will be there all day

I"m planning on being there early to help the staff setup and help with decorations and such.

My partner for the Show SkyBaby plans on being There early too. We expect a huge crowd. But your place is reserved.
We will clear as much space as needed, and will have the inside ready in case of bad weather ,but that is impossible we will not hear of it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
YOU TELL EM EYE.... no rain... JUST SUNSHINE TO FILL THE..."SKYS" hehehehe..... Brian and I will be there around 9:30.... i am sure my Baby will need a bath.... SEE YA ALL THERE....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Ya think lil Sunni will be the only Yellow still??

Can't wait to take a group SKY pic -- what a load of beauties!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Ya think lil Sunni will be the only Yellow still??

Can't wait to take a group SKY pic -- what a load of beauties!:thumbs:
So far... YEP i think Sunni will be the only YELLA.......SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 99 Posts