Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my Sky up from a dealer in NW Burbs of Chicago. How many other people around me have a Sky?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
triple black said:
I picked my Sky up from a dealer in NW Burbs of Chicago. How many other people around me have a Sky?

Congrats! I was at the Glenview dealership today...they have Silver/Black, 5-spd, chrome wheels on the showroom floor...will start demo rides on Monday morning! They have no waiting list, nor did they take any deposits on Skys...they are selling them "first come, first serve" as they arrive at the dealership.

Elmhurst dealership has their first one in also...Midnight Blue/Black, 5-spd, chrome wheels.

Schaumburg has a Black/Black on the floor....and Tinley Park has a Red one. I'd really like to find a dealer that is getting a Graphite in...it's the only other color that I'm considering that I haven't seen in person yet.

Downers Grove is due to get their first one...a Silver/Black, automatic either Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
glock919 said:
thinking of that combo...can you post some pictures ...top up and down...enjoy, be carefull...

Which combo are you referring to? I posted pics of the Silver w/red & black leather. I also posted pics of the Midnight Blue w/black leather in another thread titled "My Sky Is In Illinois".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have been driving our Sky all day today. It's fun to watch the people's heads turn when they see the car. I can't believe how hot the car is.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, that was my black on black that was on the showroom floor at Schaumburg. They had a sign on it preventing people from touching it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
triple black said:
By the way, that was my black on black that was on the showroom floor at Schaumburg. They had a sign on it preventing people from touching it.

Excellent!!! Congrats! :thumbs: Never got over there to see that one, but I'm sure it's gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
triple black said:
Do you have yours yet?
HA! I WISH!!! :lol: Just sent you a PM explaining.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
triple black said:
what is your timeline.... from date of image.... to delivery? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just gave them a deposit in the beginning of March. My dealer had already ordered a number of cars. I was given the choice of 3 that were not reserved. We chose the triple black, leather, chrome wheels, spoiler and a few other things. It came in Friday and we picked up Sat , so it was about 3 weeks. But we didn't actually order the car, the dealer did and knew every one they received, would be sold

Attachments

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Beautiful car! I know you're proud! :thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great looking car. Beautiful mirror finish, did you do something yourself or is that just the dealer prep?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
:agree:

One lucky dude is absolutely correct! I wish I had known that Schaumburg had 3 unsold cars...otherwise I would have gone and put my deposit down over there in a heartbeat! :banghead: I just assumed that all the dealers in this area did things the same way...a waiting list. But found out on Saturday that that is not the case. Saturn of Glenview did not take any deposits and are not using any kind of waiting list. They ordered the cars the way they wanted to (so far have 4 ordered) and as they come in, they are selling them "first come, first served". They are taking names and phone numbers and when the car arrives, they will call everyone on the list. Whoever gets there first and wants the car...it's theirs. You would literally have to put a tent up and camp out in front of the dealer in order to be the first one to get there. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts