Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Though I can't say how the quality would compare to the KappaShield or the Senoff windscreen... I did see these on eBay motors: they are engraved wind blockers of similar design that have engravement possibilities and even illumination (?)

See for yourself...

Normal and Illuminated

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
It's kool but then you start into a whole lot of stuff I don't even want to start thinking about doing to my car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll bet you anything those pics are from a solstice, it just looks like one (the humps). Once the people get them and realize they don't fit.... Seem's pretty neat but maybe a little tacky IMO. Reminds me of the light-up mufflers and liscense plate frames.

·
Registered
18,172 Posts
i know the person who is doing this and it will not be tacky..matter of fact alot of art went into this. You don't have to have the LED's light up in the etching if u do not want it...your choice!! And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to run wires to your brake light to have it light up only if u want it when braking...u can plug it into your cigarette lighter if u want constant lighting also...instead of the fusebox...

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
It does look good, but I don't know if I want anything wired in back there. I am thinking of just going with the wind deflector on it's own.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I'm an idiot, it's a Sky, you can see the radio.
No, you're not. Note the red illumination on the radio- it's a Sol. There's also this in the description:

*PERFECTLY formed to the contours of your Solstice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
HA! Well, no wonder it's not selling. I will wait until I get my Sky to see if I want one. I just don't like how you have to take it off to put the top up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
skyguy85 said:
HA! Well, no wonder it's not selling. I will wait until I get my Sky to see if I want one. I just don't like how you have to take it off to put the top up.
I ask the seller at the ebay site.
Q: Do any of your windscreens need to be taken off to raise the top. I ask because there are some for sale by others that require the windscreen to be taken off for the top to be raised. Apr-14-06
A: Thanks for asking. All my windblockers can remain in place regardless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Illuminated etched windscreen

I have a friend that got one of these illuminated wind blockers off of E-Bay for her Solstice and they are really neat. I do not think they are tacky at all. I contacted the manufacture and asked about the photos he had in the E-bay listing and he said they were only of samples he made but now he has had the design redone. He offers a few different etchings and even a custom etching and color illumination. I can't wait to get mine! The guy on E-bay just got a site up it was saturnskydesigns.com now it is called windrestrictor.com

·
Registered
18,172 Posts
I have one on my SKY and I think it is great...by the way, he uses the Kappasphere windscreen...but he is trying to get a scratchproof material. At this point both Kappasphere and Jay's r not scratch resisitant....and u don't have to take off the windscreen when u put up the hood. All u do is go to Home Depot and buy these small plastic stick ons...u adhere it to the hood's defroster...it will never make contact with the defroster and virtually invisible..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was curious, does anybody have pics of the factory windscreen from the rear view angle shot? I have not seen one picture yet. Going w. Senoff anyway but just wondering.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mitchell said:
I was curious, does anybody have pics of the factory windscreen from the rear view angle shot? I have not seen one picture yet. Going w. Senoff anyway but just wondering.
I know the Pontiac site has pictures of the factory wind screen, not sure if Saturn has one too. I assume that they are both the same thing. I'll look and see and add the link if I find it.

Couldn't find a direct link to it, just go to GM.com and the Pontiac and the Saturn sites both have pics of it. JMHO but the Kappashield looks better and is much cheaper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts