Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Welcome. I am 6' 2 and the top is really close to rubbing on the top of my head and there is no more leg room either. It would be safe to bet that the top would be firmly rubbing your head and your legs would be impacted. The leg issue might even present a safety concern. If you see a Sky again, ask the owner if you can do a sit test to be sure.

But I think we all agree, the cars are beautiful.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome. I am 6' 2 and the top is really close to rubbing on the top of my head and there is no more leg room either. It would be safe to bet that the top would be firmly rubbing your head and your legs would be impacted. The leg issue might even present a safety concern. If you see a Sky again, ask the owner if you can do a sit test to be sure.

But I think we all agree, the cars are beautiful.
I was hoping the answers would be different. Looks like I'm out of luck.

· Registered
2007 Base Roadster, "Stock" for the most part, but with lots of interior illumination changes
2,416 Posts
Looks like I'm out of luck.
Yes, so.

I am 5'-11", 185 pounds, and I consider it a snug fit. I set the driver seat all the way back, then forward one or two clicks to work the clutch better. If I had an automatic, the seat would be all the way back.

· Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm not sure- 6'11'' will fit in a Sky comfortably without issues, to legs/knee's
hips/back or head/neck area's of the human body. During it's original engineering
concept- I'm pretty sure this was not discussed at a round table setting of designers
or engineers, nor was it ever tested, in theory or CAD design.
I could be wrong about this .

However- the seat base track can only slide so far back, for leg room, to say nothing of
knees hitting the steering wheel, the driver's door panel or transmission tunnel.

Headroom with the top up is a forgone conclusion that this problem is not in your
best interests here. We have many owners well over 6' that sorta fit in our Sky.
Your comfort level will vary.

Top down no problem but- you might be looking over the front windshield surround
during this process. Invest in a full shield motorcycle helmet is my suggestion.
Top down only when in use stickers are available in our lobby.

Testing the power window switches on the driver's door will be another unique experience.
You might be able to have the seat base tracks surgically altered by a custom fabricator to fit
your dimensions, again I would ask first before.. you buy a Sky. IF... this is possible by cutting
into the trunk area- which is limited in space to begin with- there might a chance to drive the
Sky from the rear wheel area, but this eliminates the top assembly all together which could
solve your problem of will it fit me. Cutting the car in half and extending it by 3 feet is another
solution to look into. Check with stretch limo services for costs in your area for alterations.

Making you fit the car by making you smaller is not an option.
Stretching the car might work but I have never seen it done professionally.
It would make an interesting TV or U-Tube show for entertainment purposes.

LAC

· Registered
316 Posts
Depends on how much of a compromise you're willing to make. I'm 6'4", put the seat all the way back, and am unable to lean back, as I'd prefer. Have to hold my knees apart when turning because they touch the steering wheel. I removed the dead pedal, which helps. If you're built like a dachshund your legs may fit but your head will be up against the canvas and you can't see left or right. With top down you'll be staring at the roof bow. The Jag F-type has the same basic layout, even the front opening hood, but much more our size. In the meantime, my 5'1" girlfriend mainly drives my Sky, and in those heels too. 🤩

1 - 13 of 13 Posts