Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still don't have my car. I still don't know where it is in the process of 334, which is a code I have yet to come across - Brentil?????

I put my deposit down in July '05 in hopes to be one of the first people to get the car..... I live in Los Angeles and am told that my dealership is one of the biggest and baddest and so therefore will have a lot of allocations. Now out of the two dealerships (under one ownership), people are able to buy cars before I even get mine. It's so frustrating. So, so, frustrating. It seems like EVERYONE has their car before me....... And the dealership say they're not at fault..... and I believe them. HOWEVER, when I asked today why they can't give me one of the "other" cars they get, I am told that the owner wouldn't allow it. It's not like the Silver Graphite, 5-speed with LSD and chromies won't sell, right? Now there are people with the car, who didn't have anywhere near as much interest or passion for the car, out driving it around before me. This totally sucks and I'm getting less and less patient as we, well, I write........ On top of that, we can't even call the 800# and find out where the car is in terms of "assembly". What's next? I feel like a dummy having beein on this forum for so long and still don't have the car. I don't typically have bad karma, but I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong or what I did bad..... Did I mention I'm bummed? Do you think I should go to the person who owns the dealership and ask for a car before I get the one I ordered? My order went in on March 14th (supposedly). What do you all think? I'm at my wits end here........ Sorry B- I know you're reading this, but if this is my outlet to vent, I gotta do what I gotta do....

·
Registered
266 Posts
oops

I am so sorry I must have been writing a post when yours went up. I certainly feel lousey now...I am one of those that you're talking about...if it's any consolation, I'm not getting the car I wanted..I chickened out after hearing so much anquish and took the offer.
I hope it happens soon for you....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I still don't have my car......... Sorry B- I know you're reading this, but if this is my outlet to vent, I gotta do what I gotta do....
Darn, I thought for sure you would have yours before me..Mine has been here for a week.. the people at the dealership think I work there as I have almost gotten to the point of making the fresh coffee for them when they run out. They say I can pick it up tomorrow (later in the day). What are they going to do, take it for a morning spin? Late this afternoon they got in 4 more plus mine and the second one makes 6. What is up with your order. Makes you want to go over and kick some tires! (actually worse than that). I know what's going on inside ya, seems everyday at the same time I sit down in my favorite chair and say "well, another 24 hours". You almost feel like a prisoner counting the days until release..good luck
I hope it comes soon.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I still don't have my car. I still don't know where it is in the process of 334, which is a code I have yet to come across - Brentil?????

I put my deposit down in July '05 in hopes to be one of the first people to get the car..... I live in Los Angeles and am told that my dealership is one of the biggest and baddest and so therefore will have a lot of allocations. Now out of the two dealerships (under one ownership), people are able to buy cars before I even get mine. It's so frustrating. So, so, frustrating. It seems like EVERYONE has their car before me....... And the dealership say they're not at fault..... and I believe them. HOWEVER, when I asked today why they can't give me one of the "other" cars they get, I am told that the owner wouldn't allow it. It's not like the Silver Graphite, 5-speed with LSD and chromies won't sell, right? Now there are people with the car, who didn't have anywhere near as much interest or passion for the car, out driving it around before me. This totally sucks and I'm getting less and less patient as we, well, I write........ On top of that, we can't even call the 800# and find out where the car is in terms of "assembly". What's next? I feel like a dummy having beein on this forum for so long and still don't have the car. I don't typically have bad karma, but I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong or what I did bad..... Did I mention I'm bummed? Do you think I should go to the person who owns the dealership and ask for a car before I get the one I ordered? My order went in on March 14th (supposedly). What do you all think? I'm at my wits end here........ Sorry B- I know you're reading this, but if th
is is my outlet to vent, I gotta do what I gotta do....
Angel, I feel for you I would do whatever you need to get your car, if means getting in touch with the ownership or calling Saturn customer service, I would go ahead.

Any consulation, I still have not got an image and still #7 at my dealer :banghead: . I know you feel like you are the last on the list to get one, but that is not the case. Keep your :thumbs: up err at least your chin! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Angelqute1
by what the dealer i have been working with told me if you ordered in march
you might get your car in june or july.
but if you need a car faster i am in new jersey and a dealer that i know here might be able to get a car sent to you from there dealership.
you would need to talk to them, if interested pm me and i'll send you the info.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I still don't know where it is in the process of 334, which is a code I have yet to come across
Code 334 = Customer screwed!:banghead:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Angelqute1,

You are in the same boat as a few of us my dear! I as well put my downpayment earlier than A LOT of people who already have their cars and mine was ordered 1/9/06 and then production completed on 2/27/06 and released to carrier since 3/16/06. I am about fed up with the GM BS and have been seriosuly thinking about going with another car at this point. I love this car to death trust me, but it isn't going to make me feel any better getting mine in July or August or hell EVER which seems the case now. While I know it isn't the dealership's fault exactly (because honestly they have a printed out report with VINa nd it was a WAY earlier VIN than what the VINS are on cars they are getting). This is typical GM BS in releasing cars that have been fine tuned from the earlier ones that have issues that need to be fixed. This is a POOR way to run business and it is effecting them (layoffs and losing money/stock). I figure for now I will just sit back and just wait a little longer, but if I do not get my car soon I will pull out and some other lucky soul will be sitting in a Silver Graphite that I was going to get whenever they get it! So don't feel so blue you are not alone here!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
...one more thing, the dealership told me that they went ahead and ordered a new car last wednesday with a new image they received in hopes that one would get here fast! How would you like to be told that? That is like being the first person in the morning in line when DMV opens then they tell you that somethign was filled out incorrectly and to please fill it out and go back through the line. When you do you look down to only notice the 2hr wait from here sign you are standing beside :banghead: :mad:

This is why I stopped buying GM years ago, leaving a very sour taste in my mouth yet again!! I don't want to get another car but the one I have been looking at came out this month and there are a few on the lots around the surrounding areas in the exact color I would want to get! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

I put my deposit down in July '05 in hopes to be one of the first people to get the car..... I live in Los Angeles and am told that my dealership is one of the biggest and baddest and so therefore will have a lot of allocations. Now out of the two dealerships (under one ownership), people are able to buy cars before I even get mine. It's so frustrating. So, so, frustrating. It seems like EVERYONE has their car before me....... And the dealership say they're not at fault..... and I believe them. HOWEVER, when I asked today why they can't give me one of the "other" cars they get, I am told that the owner wouldn't allow it. It's not like the Silver Graphite, 5-speed with LSD and chromies won't sell, right? Now there are people with the car, who didn't have anywhere near as much interest or passion for the car, out driving it around before me. This totally sucks and I'm getting less and less patient as we, well, I write........ On top of that, we can't even call the 800# and find out where the car is in terms of "assembly". What's next? I feel like a dummy having beein on this forum for so long and still don't have the car. I don't typically have bad karma, but I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong or what I did bad..... Did I mention I'm bummed? Do you think I should go to the person who owns the dealership and ask for a car before I get the one I ordered? My order went in on March 14th (supposedly). What do you all think? I'm at my wits end here........ Sorry B- I know you're reading this, but if this is my outlet to vent, I gotta do what I gotta do....
I understand what you are feeling. As shown in my sig, my SKY was imaged in Feb and as of last week it was still at 030 :willy: I don't even have a TPW yet! I have noted that several folks have gotten cars sooner but that they "settled" for what the dealer had ordered. Me, I ordered the car as I want it and I am willing to wait.

It would have been very cool to be driving one of the very first produced but the consolation, for me, is that this is a small production number car and there won't be that many arround. The SKY will be a show stopper for a few years to come and that is OK with me.

I know this doesn't really address your frustration but hang in there. Your car will come just the way you want it and all this waiting will become a memory (maybe not a happy one).

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I know this is not a easy thing, having to wait for the SKY, but orders only started going in Jan, we are in mid April that not a long wait for a less than 10,000 production car..I know too some of you put money down in 05 but you new the car was not being deliverd till March...your question and only you can answer it "IS THE SKY WORTH THE WAITE?????" OK WHATS YOU ANSWER.......Seal9:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ditto on everything that has been said. I put my deposit down in December and others in the area already have thiers that didn't order until March. UN-believable. And I didn't even order anything that was on the out of stock list. I just want to know what the hold up is. Some answers please. It's so dang frustrating to go into work everyday and the first thing out of all my co-workers mouths is not "good morning" it's "have you got your car yet?". What a joke!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just what the doctor ordered.

Angelqute1 said:
Yes, what is code 334? I'd like to know that too. I'm also waiting for chrome.

Angelqute1, what you need is a mini vacation. Get all loosened up, forget about everything for a day. Maybe if you can break the cycle (if I may be so bold as to say almost obsession) of not having your SKY right now, you might be able to do it for 2 days, then 3 days, then 4 days. Keep going and your SKY will be sitting in your driveway in no time, ready for a summer drive.

Try one of those day spas or something. Make sure you get a colonic while you are there, I hear that they do wonders. One thing is for sure, while you are having a colonic, you won't be thinking about your SKY.:jester:

Just call me LUCY. That will be 5 cents.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Fyi

Hi Angelqute1,
My name is Theresa, I don't write much here, usually just read and learn. I too am from L.A., Downey. I know of a dealer in Whittier, Ca who has called me twice to ask if I'd like to place an order on the sky. At first when i checked them out they were not taking any orders, just waiting until they could order and first come first serve. He called me last night to say they are taking orders now and expect to have at least 6 soon. I declined since my car is already ordered, (late march 06) and have put 1000.00 down on it since Dec.

I just thought I'd let you know in case you'd like to check out the dealer, Saturn of Whittier. Good luck!!

Theresa

·
Registered
251 Posts
OMG I get the same question over and over and over again! "Is your car here yet?" Sometimes I think it is like some people around me are more excited than I am for it and I am pretty darn excited! Hopefully like everyone says it will be worth the wait for sure and I will like it that much mroe when I get it. :drool:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Sorry B- I know you're reading this, but if this is my outlet to vent, I gotta do what I gotta do....
Hey, I have said it before, if you can't vent here amoung friends, where can you vent? So vent away and we will give you all the support we can!:grouphug:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I really don't expect my car soon, but i'm frustrated at the lack of accurate info on my status. I was on the Saturn website and the online assitant popped up and I let him have it. I tore him a new one for everybody. He only offered apologies. It wasn't his fault, but i sure felt better.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Angelcut1,
I'm Monica. I am very frustrated also. I live in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Saturn of Ontario is supposed to get a large allocation of cars also. Since last year I have wanted the car, but kept getting told they were a first come first serve basis. Finally in March we were told we could put a deposit down. We were able to order the car we wanted and wait for it (June) and we had the option to purchase one of their pre-ordered cars (12 cars). We were #5 on the list, #1 for silver. March 22 they received their first demo (graphite with chromies, black cloth). The #1 guy on the list decided to get it instead of wait til June. They have a leather guy coming out to change the seats. I hear of you guys with deposits since last year and this guy literally waited 2 weeks and got his car. That doesn't make sense to me either. He is still unable to drive it away because they have to wait for another demo to take its place. It's been sitting there for 3 weeks now. They still don't know when the next cars are coming. (2 a month) If a silver one comes in next then I will take that and not wait til June. You should have the same option at your dealer. You should have been #1 on your list.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I still don't have my car.
I put my deposit down in July '05. And the dealership say they're not at fault..... and I believe them. HOWEVER, when I asked today why they can't give me one of the "other" cars they get, I am told that the owner wouldn't allow it. .
Maybe you should put a little more responsibility on the dealer. If your car has been ordered that long, they don't know where it is, and they're letting other people buy Skys off the floor, then it seems to me that they do owe you the chance of buying one of those (provided they can't find status on your own order). Definitely go as high as you can within the franchise, GM, or owner even, with that request if you are serious about accepting one that you did not order. They owe you that option if you ordered so long ago. They'll have no trouble selling yours when it comes in.

Go for it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I know this doesn't make you feel any better, but history is repeating itself. The Solstice deliveries to the West Coast were very slow to begin also. It amazes me that the Southeast can get a Solstice or a Sky in less than 2 months and West Coast takes 3-4 months!

I should go ahead and order 3 or 4 Redlines from various dealers in my area, and then sell them to West Coast buyers so they don't have to wait :)

Be patience, and ignore all those who are driving around right now.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts