Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rant: To all my loved ones on this forum... It was a sad day for me in SKYland and now I think my hopes and dreams of owning a SKY have just faded off the map (unless I want to go buy the ones on eBay for 30k that is). I got a call fromt he sales manager at the Woodbridge, VA store today and he stated that he regretted to tell me that we need to forget about the dealer demo image that he ordered for me back on January 11th. He said that he called GM Plant and got a return call and the guy on the other end was unsure if it was beign held up for QA check or if the damn thing fell off a bridge into the water during transport. I am sorry but I am done fooling around with these @$$holes and will take my money and go get something different. Don't get me wrong I LOVE THE SKY and it was numero uno on my list but I refuse to fool around with a bunch of reps and managers that don't know their heads from their @$$e$ (sorry for the language but you can imagine how I must feel right now).

I was promised to get the first one from the Woodbridge, VA location and that it was the demo and would sit on the floor until the second one arrived but for those of you who remember they received 2 already and the one is the dealer demo and it is on the floor now and the other went to someone on the inside of Saturn. This chust chafes my @$$ to no end that this is the way GM/Saturn Reps handle sales and I refuse to buy it at this point. I was pretty pissed when I went to Fredericksburg, VA store and found out they were marking cars up $2k but now this is REALLY ignorant to have them now say oh VIN 324 is nowhere to be found MIA, WTF?

Anyways I want to thank all of you for all of the good information and positive messages I received fromt his forum. It has been a LONG wait and really TOO long for me, so I must move on to another dealership. I will read and post still so I won't become a stranger but please realize how I feel and knwo how I must refuse to continue to wait for this to clear itself up. Good luck to all of you that are waiting for your SKYs may it be everything you could ever want in a car! I wish I would have had that chance... :brentil: :mad: :banghead: :confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Whaaaaaaaaaatttt.... I mean I can totally understand your frustration buddy and after all you have been through I'll stand by your choice to abadon ol' number 324 and the Sky all-together.

I think back to when we both were in the same boat and I had assumed you would be right with me (similiar VIN, options and geographic location) with taking your car and I can only imagine if the tables were turned - I probably would be making the same decision as you.

Either way, I am sorry to hear that this is how your Sky story turns out. I hope that whatever comes from this point you have only the best luck in getting a great summer car, I think if anyone on this forum deserves it its you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
everytime i call my dealer, my salesguy acts dumb, im #4 on the list, i get the feeling there not contacting people with deposits and selling them over msrp to the common peeps, but needless to say im pretty vendictive and have a lot of time on my hands, so if they screw me and im aware of it, i will demonstrate with signs (legally offcourse) across the street from there dealership haha, and i have friends.... with even more free time haha:jester:

·
Registered
105 Posts
with all due respect. It is a car. Like a house deal, the process goes up and down. DOn't let it get the better of you. Mine is on the dealers floor and will be for another 2 weeks.... 4 and counting. Hang in there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
there's definately some stinky stuff going on with some of these dealerships--reneigned promises to customers, dealerships feigning ignorance about a cars manufacture status, some people getting their Skys (or not), at odd timeframes. But a dealership telling a customer their car fell off the transport truck into the river?!! Give me a break.

Case in point.....My dealer here in Anchorage told me they weren't going to sell their showroom model for a while. It arrived just last week. A friend of mine said he went by the showroom this past Sunday, and guess what. There was a "sold" sign on the car. So what's that about? I'm afraid to ask. I 'm just knocking on wood that they don't pull some strange poo poo on me when the silver pearl I ordered comes in. I definately feel your frustration Tiger...................:cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
tiger20005 said:
:rant: To all my loved ones on this forum... It was a sad day for me in SKYland and now I think my hopes and dreams of owning a SKY have just faded off the map (unless I want to go buy the ones on eBay for 30k that is). I got a call fromt he sales manager at the Woodbridge, VA store today and he stated that he regretted to tell me that we need to forget about the dealer demo image that he ordered for me back on January 11th. He said that he called GM Plant and got a return call and the guy on the other end was unsure if it was beign held up for QA check or if the damn thing fell off a bridge into the water during transport. I am sorry but I am done fooling around with these @$$holes and will take my money and go get something different. Don't get me wrong I LOVE THE SKY and it was numero uno on my list but I refuse to fool around with a bunch of reps and managers that don't know their heads from their @$$e$ (sorry for the language but you can imagine how I must feel right now).

I was promised to get the first one from the Woodbridge, VA location and that it was the demo and would sit on the floor until the second one arrived but for those of you who remember they received 2 already and the one is the dealer demo and it is on the floor now and the other went to someone on the inside of Saturn. This chust chafes my @$$ to no end that this is the way GM/Saturn Reps handle sales and I refuse to buy it at this point. I was pretty pissed when I went to Fredericksburg, VA store and found out they were marking cars up $2k but now this is REALLY ignorant to have them now say oh VIN 324 is nowhere to be found MIA, WTF?

Anyways I want to thank all of you for all of the good information and positive messages I received fromt his forum. It has been a LONG wait and really TOO long for me, so I must move on to another dealership. I will read and post still so I won't become a stranger but please realize how I feel and knwo how I must refuse to continue to wait for this to clear itself up. Good luck to all of you that are waiting for your SKYs may it be everything you could ever want in a car! I wish I would have had that chance... :brentil: :mad: :banghead: :confused:
Sorry to hear that tig, I have not been able to even order my sky yet (no image) who knows when they will get one....when snow flies again? maybe next year???? I can tell by the various posts some dealers know how to keep track of orders and keep owners informed, and other dealers know nothing!!! My daughter has had order in since November, along with $1000 deposit and still knows nothing. I realize this is something new for Saturn and the success of the Sky has everyone at Saturn overwelmed, maybe with practice they will get a hand on it.:banghead:

·
Registered
410 Posts
yo man, wait a minute!!!! This is islandhopper, PM me and I'll introduce you to my people. You deserve, want and need this product. Chill for a minute, fore I went and saw many SKYS and Sols in Wilmington and yours is coming. You can get it and you will get it.:)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have patience as well, but this is kind of hard to swallow.
If you want to make a last ditch effort -- try this

Go to dealer; speak to your rep... No satisfaction
Call or speak to his supervisor (GM?? SM??)
Then his/hers
Don't leave until SOMEONE in authority is reached by phone all the way to Mr. GM, if necessary, to resolve this question.
Do not get mad -- you show them how cool you are
The best resolution I ever got was where I made it as light as possible, but firm. Once you have exhausted the in person discussions, and ask for the number of someone in charge to dial on THEIR phone, smile and say -- "This could be an exciting trip for everyone today -- I wonder how far up we'll have to go.." Sometimes what happens is the situation will get resolved, especially if you are honest and when you "discuss" the problem, mention "Hell, I'm paying 2K over MSRP and still can't get a car!" It's amazing how cooperative these peeps will get when their boss gets involved, or their boss' Boss... etc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I agree with other comments above, you need to take it up the ladder.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not going to quit "just" yet but aftre yesterday I have little faith in my dealership! They blatently told me to forget the first car they ordered and that they have a backup car ordered from an image they received early last week. The sales manager stated that he would contact a rep at the plant and see what he could do in order to get that image moved ahead of the line but I seriously doubt that could ever happen! I swear all of this waiting makes me not even want the car at this point! I was extremely excited about it 2 years ago and even up to a month ago but when they got their first 2 and mine was a "no show" after they stated mine would be in first (yet I know it may not even be their faults) it makes me want to take my hard saved money elsewhere. Another reason I am pissed is because stupid me pulled one of those "count your chickens before they hatch" routine and I have sold my 01 Toyota Solara (best car I have ever owned btw) and bought a beater (95 Saturn SL2) to drive to work and back and still have 5k to throw down from the Solara. I also have saved hard earned money with the hopes I would get this thing just before the weather is nice! I have never owned anything other than what you would see most familys drive so this is a new experience for me and it has all been tarnished by my dealers keeping me out of the loop and now saying sorry the car we ordered is in the bermuda triangle now! I REALLY want this car but honestly not willing to wait another few months (1 month maybe TOPS). It is so nice to go to other dealers and they look up on their computers and say oh here we go there is one in Ohio we can have shipped to us in 2 weeks and in your posession! I like that kind of service and that is what my dealership promised me but again to all it is NOT the fact the car isn't here it is the fact that they don't know where the car I ordered back on January 11th is at. I don't call them bluff because I have seen the up-to-date paperwork and it still shows released to carrier 3/16/06. This is just apauling and believe you me I will take this up the chain because I do not like to quit and usually will go to great lengths to get what I want if that's what it takes! Thanks for the backing and support you guys!!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Having worked in the retail field for 2.5years, one of my old managers gave me advice on situations like this. Get on the phone, and here is what you say, line-for-line:

"Hi, may I speak with your supervisor?".... "Hi, may I speak with your supervisor?".... "Hi, may I speak with your supervisor?".... "Hi, I am having trouble......"

Always go up three rungs of the ladder first.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the update Tiger, glad to hear your going to give it another month.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmmm my buddy on this forums just IM'd me about this post I missed:

How long to get car once released to carrier?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My car was released to carrier on 4/8..Was at the dealer today and they said it is still at the plant. My G.M talked to a dealer up north and there is a car sitting there waiting to be shipped since 3/15. Is there a problem getting shipped, or is there a problem with the wheel rub problem. Anyone know anything about this...........PPHJJ

Again, all I want is a definite answer on what is wrong with the car and maybe ,but not necessary, an estimate on the time to get it to the dealer! What are the chances this car would be mine? That is ironic...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Still waiting

Damn, Tiger2005, reading your story made me want to call myself and tell them off for all you've gond through. that sucks, and I'm getting so sick of hearing how some dealers are treating people. I hope it works out for you, you have been so patient. We're all praying for a good ending!! Keep us posted.
Theresa

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:banghead: Really Really sorry to hear it. But like many others before me have stated I would be blowing up some phone lines. Starting with Saturn Customer Service (800) 553-6000.:mad:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Strange, I just got word my invoice has come in! I won't get super excited until it is the car itself but damn 44 days of inactivity and then this! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Wow, so my twin Sky may see the streets of Northern VA afterall. Hope you get it soon -- the weather is perfect. Keep up posted!

·
Registered
370 Posts
All you needed to do was blow off your frustration in the internet... The little vibrations arround the universe sensed your desire and your invoice came in. Now all you need is the car.

That should come shortly. Good Luck. May the farce be with you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts