Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not sure why I did not mention this earlier!

A few weeks back at usmc's reccomendation, I put down a deposit at the Santa Rosa dealer. I was told that I was 17th on the list, which is fine with me since I want the BlueStone anyways.
:D
They sent me a reciept with a letter stating that they will sell at MSRP and the deposit is fully refundable. :thumbs:

I spoke with the GM today and he told that they recently got 4 more images ordered and 3 people dropped off the list, so I am now #9!!! :D :willy:

I am really glad I am getting my car from them. I feel as those I am getting treated the way I expect to get treated from a Saturn Dealer.

I am so excited, at first the idea of going 420 mile out my way did not sound so good. But I talked about it with my wife and we decided that we would make it a little vacation out of it. We are planning on picking up the Sky, spending a day or two in San Francisco then driving home on PCH. It will just make getting my Sky that more memoriable!:driving: :cool:

I also faxed my order today to him.

Saturn Sky
72U Exterior Color BlueStone
60T Tan Top
312 Tan Leather Interior
Base Vehicle Prices (includes destination freight charges)
MX0 M.S.R.P.—5-speed automatic $24,540.00

Option Packages
PCH Premium Trim: $750.00
US9 6CD/MP3 player w/Monsoon 225-watt $890.00
U2K XM® Satellite Radio $325.00
G80 Limited-slip differential $195.00
PD5 18-inch chrome-plated alloy wheels $795.00
Total(From the Factory) $27,495.00

Accessories
CAI Cold Air Intake $495.00
Splash Guards $157.00
Tonneau Cover $336.00

Total $28,483.00

Cannot wait till I get my image!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...the rest of the story.

Even though it is sort of the same topic, I thought this should be in a different post. Here is my saga,

:rant:
Dealer #1
I never really told the whole story so hear goes:
When I put my deposit down in November, they asked if it was okay if they mail the reciept for the deposit and I said yes since I trusted these guys implicitly at this point.

Well the receipt never came and everytime I called I got a song and dance about how there was a problem and it was in the mail or going in the mail in the next day or two! :bs: This went on for about three months. :banghead:

In the mean time I found out they may (99% sure by anyone I talked to that will sell over MSRP.) Since I had no reciept, I was not sure if I could get my deposit back if they did decide to go over MSRP. They never cashed the check I put a stop payment on it and called them to let them no. Amazingly after a couple days I got an invoice showing my deposit and the withdrawal of my deposit.

I never got a real apology for them screwing up the deposit.

Dealer #2
I put a deposit down was told that they would sell the car at MSRP. I did not get it in writing and when I called back they told me they were going to load the car with dealer options. They later retracted that, but at this point between the unreturned calls and switching back and forth I decided to withdrawal my deposit from them.

Back to Dealer #1
I faxed them a letter stating that if they could commit to MSRP I would put my deposit back in. The salesman called me and told me he could not commit to MSRP and that he was almost certain that were selling over MSRP.

A couple weeks after that I found out that they now decided to sell at MSRP to those that had a deposit. I contacted my salesman and said they were not accepting any more deposits but I could talk to GM to see if he would let me.

I never made the call and put my deposit down with Santa Rosa the next day. I really felt that if I called the GM at Dealer #1 I would be begging them for my business. Quite frankly, after they screwed up with my deposit and then chased me away from them by trying to convince me it was okay to charge a market adjusment, I felt they should of been calling me begging me to come back.
:rant:

Okay you can wake up now the Rant is over! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Congratultions buddy.
Ernest what cha doing in tha aveator picture? Just awonderin Skip.....:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
My dealer was giving me the run around also. I put my name on Saturn of Fairfeild's list and I'm moving up quickly as well. I love this dealership. Great people, updates, and honesty. I just wish i was wit them from the begining. Once I oreder I will defintly be sending a very lengthy email describing this whole oredeal to saturn, inckluding the bads and the goods.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
richmcc said:
I am not sure why I did not mention this earlier!

A few weeks back at usmc's reccomendation, I put down a deposit at the Santa Rosa dealer. I was told that I was 17th on the list, which is fine with me since I want the BlueStone anyways.
:D
They sent me a reciept with a letter stating that they will sell at MSRP and the deposit is fully refundable. :thumbs:

I spoke with the GM today and he told that they recently got 4 more images ordered and 3 people dropped off the list, so I am now #9!!! :D :willy:

I am really glad I am getting my car from them. I feel as those I am getting treated the way I expect to get treated from a Saturn Dealer.

I am so excited, at first the idea of going 420 mile out my way did not sound so good. But I talked about it with my wife and we decided that we would make it a little vacation out of it. We are planning on picking up the Sky, spending a day or two in San Francisco then driving home on PCH. It will just make getting my Sky that more memoriable!:driving: :cool:

I also faxed my order today to him.

Saturn Sky
72U Exterior Color BlueStone
60T Tan Top
312 Tan Leather Interior
Base Vehicle Prices (includes destination freight charges)
MX0 M.S.R.P.—5-speed automatic $24,540.00

Option Packages
PCH Premium Trim: $750.00
US9 6CD/MP3 player w/Monsoon 225-watt $890.00
U2K XM® Satellite Radio $325.00
G80 Limited-slip differential $195.00
PD5 18-inch chrome-plated alloy wheels $795.00
Total(From the Factory) $27,495.00

Accessories
CAI Cold Air Intake $495.00
Splash Guards $157.00
Tonneau Cover $336.00

Total $28,483.00

Cannot wait till I get my image!!!
Well, congrats to you. Now was your dealer honest and told you bluestone will not be avaliable untill the fall? Good luck :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rick, like I just posted on my "dealer doesn't know event codes" thread, my local 2 dealers in Richmond, VA (same owner) decided not to create a list and let customers order their preferences. I was shocked and in panic when I read in here that people were already on a list and placing orders!

That's why I went to 2 other dealers 100 and 70 miles away.

Also, I'm jealous about the PCH trip. 2 years ago I rented a mustang convertible at LAX and drove to San Jose up the PCH. INCREDIBLE! I'd had this long craving since oogling at TR-6s and MGBs and after driving the Mustang on the PCH it really cemented my childhood desire for a roadster. I really don't want another car payment, but the SKY is the right car at the right time.

Nice job taking initiative and finding a dealer that will work with you, and the trip down the coast in your new SKY will be unfreaking believable!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts