Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sky arrived on Thursday, 5/25. After finding out on Friday night after my insurance agent was closed for the holiday weekend, then considerable and bizarre unexpected personal drama Tuesday and Wednesday, I finally drove my Sky home Thursday night! I would have posted sooner, but I've been driving and trying to catch up on all the sleep I lost waiting!

The transaction went very smoothly, except they tried to charge me for paint and fabric protection at the very end. That lasted for about 30 seconds- I explained that I'd made it very clear to two salespeople that I didn't want anything added to the car other than the accessories I picked out. It was supposedly applied when the car was dropped off, so I guess I got it for free.

I haven't taken any pics of it yet, though I did email SC2's pics to my friends since it's exactly the same car and he's a much better photographer than I am (thanks!)

I'm having a wonderful time with it, though I have a few problems already:
  • There is an area on the front bumper where the hood dug into the paint.
  • The front passenger side wheel well liner isn't aligned properly- the reflector is at an odd angle and the liner pokes out a little.
  • The plastic connector inside the roof has disconnected twice and needs to be replaced.
  • There is a small tear in the roof molding above the passenger visor, which may be the cause of...
  • A roof leak. We had torrential downpours last night and this morning. When I headed home at 2:00 this morning, there was a puddle on the leather gearshift surround and it was dripping right where the latch is. I dried it up and went to bed, but the same puddle awaited me this morning.

Amazingly enough, I'm not upset. I'm just so happy I finally have the car. I took it in this morning and they ordered the plastic piece and a new molding for the roof. I'm going in for a minor operation on Wednesday, so I'm dropping it off on Tuesday night. They'll then have until Monday to get everything perfect and install the CAI, mudflaps, and rubber mats since I won't be able to drive it anyway.

I should add a disclaimer to this post- my automotive experiences have never been typical. I've owned a Toyota Camry, Mercedes 300E, Saturn L200, VW Jetta, Geo Metro (being a poor college student really blew!), among others, and each of those cars had unbelievable amounts of bizarre problems, way beyond the average for their resective models. Saturn has definitely been the best about fixing them, though!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Congrats to you. I know that there were a few of us who had some minor problems when we first got our babies, but we all got them fixed. I hope you will be out driving soon, and way to gooooo....:cheers:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great attitude everything sounds like an easy fix, but it sucks to get H20 in the car. Congrats on receiving your car and I hope you have many more fun miles on it. Just wanted to respond to tell you I felt the way your dealing with it was impressive. Good luck with the operation and hope to hear of your road trips soon.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Im glad you got yours..... Congratz. I got my vin on friday.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Congrats! Sorry to hear about the mishaps. Hopefully they are all taken care of soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts