Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Anaheim Auto Show to see the SKY. Please wish me luck, as a lot of you know that the last 3 shows I went to that the SKY was supposed to be at, wasn't. I hope, once again, to come back with groovy pics!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good luck! Hopefully you'll finally be able to see the darn thing in person...and take some pics!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are Y'all READY?????

We went this morning and all I could say, all kidding aside is...

The car looks even better in person. I about flipped when I saw it. And it's such a looker!!! People could not BELIEVE it was a Saturn.

Sidebar note: I did check out the Solstice. There is much less detail to the car than the SKY.

So, ya wanna see some pics? Here they are...

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

The car looks even better in person. I about flipped when I saw it. And it's such a looker!!! People could not BELIEVE it was a Saturn.

Sidebar note: I did check out the Solstice. There is much less detail to the car than the SKY.

drooling here!

Angel......you're the greatest!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And a couple More

Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Stop Posting Pictures!!!

it only makes me more crazy!!!! this car is so off the hook i am thinking about it all the time.... i was going to buy a z4 but i can wait till spring[!] we hope....

actually, please post more pix, as this is the only way i will see the damn car until i take delivery....

does anyone from GM read these posts here or on the solstice forums????

HEY LUTZ, GET THE PRODUCTION IN GEAR!!!!!!!!

:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Angelqute1 said:

Great pictures, congradulations on finally getting to see the SKY in person. :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I am green with envy, Angel. Thanks for the pictures. The Sky is supposed ot be in West Palm Beach in late November for a look see. Hard to wait.

:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
I'm so glad you finally got to see the car, Angel. I think you might've had a breakdown if it weren't there!

You're definitely right about pics not doing it justice- the car is sooo much more impressive in person. The one thing that really surprised me when I saw it in NY was just how wide it is- your third pic kinda captures that.

I also have to agree with you about the Solstice, but I have to admit a certain amount of bias on my part. It's mostly a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great pictures,,,thanks!

Are the chrome wheels going to be standard? If not,,cost?

Buying time,,,the waiting game isn't fun. Crank up production!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ALLEY CAT said:
Great pictures,,,thanks!

Are the chrome wheels going to be standard? If not,,cost?

Buying time,,,the waiting game isn't fun. Crank up production!!
from the option sheet painted wheels will be standard, chrome and polished will be options, go to the solstice website to get an idea on how much they may cost.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aw man!!! I'm so sad! I had no idea the Sky was gonna be in Socal! I would have driven up from SD to see it... does anyone know when it's going to be in Socal again?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Anglequte1:

I can't think of anyone who deserves to see the Sky live and in person more than you! Getting stood up by the Sky 3 times must have been hard to take. I think Saturn owes you something. Perhaps an upgrade on your Sky or a tee shirt or something! :lol:

No one took one of you standing with it? They didn't let you sit in it after all you've been through to see it? :banghead: Oh well. You'll own one soon enough. :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quality Control Issues LOL

I hope having the passenger side marker and headlight come on with the drivers side isn't an expensive option! :lol:

Anyone else? :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Amgel, great pic. You finally nabbed one, at a show I mean. Go ahead and trounce on me here but I like them both, Here is my take. The Sol is the more down to earth back to basics roadster, even though I doubt that a single car for highway driving has been delivered at teh MSRP of under $20k. Even mine only lacks OnStar, chrome wheels, XM and Monsoon. The Sky is the upscale version, the one to go after the BMW crowd where teh Sol will draw from Miata. Analogy: Caddy CTS-V is to Corvette C6 as Sky is to Solstice. Same engine, chassis, different execution. When either comes out ni auto I may end up with the second one for wifey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All kidding aside... I agree the pics are fantastic! I never get sick of the "rear end" on these things!

achieftain -I agree with you BUT I'm more interested in the Sky from the Opel/Vauxhall side of things! If I can't get them here, a Redline Sky will suffice! :willy:

·
Registered
304 Posts
KissTheSky said:
All kidding aside... I agree the pics are fantastic! I never get sick of the "rear end" on these things!

achieftain -I agree with you BUT I'm more interested in the Sky from the Opel/Vauxhall side of things! If I can't get them here, a Redline Sky will suffice! :willy:
I sOpel as a brand currently available in BC? If so you might get to make a choice out of three vehicles. I have been a big Opel fan since the GT.

Oh and your sig, why do all you younguns mangle Jimi's coming out line? "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy." :lol: And the Turtles' Happy Together famous line "Imagine me ___ you". :glol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Folks-

I opted to not take pictures of myself with the car for a couple of reasons:

1) The platform the car was on, was a rotating platform, and I got kicked off after about a minute, by some lady - after I managed to get the pic of the bottom of the car.

2) I didn't want it to be about me. When I own it, I will post pics of me and my baby, of course.

3) Ya'll already know what I look like, I already posted a pic.

4) I was feeling a bit "bloated" that morning, ha ha

Will those reasons suffice??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts