Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I love the Sky and the Solstice.

Please tell me a few things I may need to know in regards to a purchase of the Sky.

When will I be able to test drive one
When will they be available?
What is the markup and who will NOT be adding a markup?

Who's making body kits for the Sky?

When is the Redline coming?

Please feel free to add anything here I may have missed.

Thanks in advance!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Roadstar said:
Hey everyone.

I love the Sky and the Solstice.

Please tell me a few things I may need to know in regards to a purchase of the Sky.

Thanks in advance!
First off... WELCOME.. TO THE ASYLUM..:willy: ... anyway, wow... you got lots of reading to catch up on.... Do you have a deposit in?... If not... you will probably NOT get one until spring... there is such a HUGE demand for this car... they just started making them a bit ago.... not by much though... The dealerships should have one in the showrooms by the end of march.:nono: ..Not to say that you will be able to test drive it for sure as some of them have elected to SELL their DEALER DEMOS... to the waiting customers and .. when they come in..... they can just sit there and look PRETTY..:D . like the car they are..... hmmmmm..... Catch up on reading the forum and then ask more questions..... Good Luck.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Roadstar said:

Thanks in advance!
You will most likely not be able to test drive one for a LONG time as most dealerships have the first 10 or more sold.
They are currently shipping. We expect the first customers to have them by March 20th.
Most dealerships are charging MSRP but there are a few stealerships out there...do not buy from them.
RKSport has a bodykit for the solstice already...one for the sky is sure to follow.
Redline will likely be in 2007

·
Registered
411 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
You will most likely not be able to test drive one for a LONG time as most dealerships have the first 10 or more sold.
:nono: lol
Unofficially, each dealership will have one non-Sellable Sky for test drives.
It would be stupid if they didn't.
You don't sell the floor model.:thumbs:

Unofficially, The dealer orders the way they want the floor Sky to be.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Slade said:

It is not true that they are non-sellable as many have already sold theirs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is March 20th For Cdn's?

CdnSkyGuy said:
They are currently shipping. We expect the first customers to have them by March 20th.
Most dealerships are charging MSRP but there are a few stealerships out there...do not buy from them.
RKSport has a bodykit for the solstice already...one for the sky is sure to follow.
Redline will likely be in 2007
You state in your reply that the 1st car is available March 20th for the first customers I was just wondering where in Canada you are located & is this informaiton confirmed?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Chloe said:
You state in your reply that the 1st car is available March 20th for the first customers I was just wondering where in Canada you are located & is this informaiton confirmed?
The person asking the question is from the states so I tailored my answer to them. For us Canucks the first ones will be available May 11th and that is confirmed. (unofficialy)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I take that back...I guess I just assumed they were from the states.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I love the Sky and the Solstice. --> Welcome!!:thumbs:

When will I be able to test drive one. ----> It may be easier to find one owned by someone else (after first deliveries are made) than to find one at a dealer. As my dealer said - I have 10 SKYs allocated and a waiting list of 37 -- why would I need a demo?
When will they be available? ----> Looks like March 20 as advertised.
What is the markup and who will NOT be adding a markup?---> Most Saturn Stores are committed to selling at windo price.... But DO NOT assume! Ask!

Who's making body kits for the Sky? --- > Not changing perfection. I have no idea

When is the Redline coming? ---> Let's get some regular SKYs out there first

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Slade said:

hey there sweetie....... my dealer says.... HMMMMM...... oh... actually my dealer GM is buying the first one... LOL... so i will be able to drive it.... too cool..... but, i hear there are alot of them SELLING they first one.... at least the one that is USUALLY.... the floor model..... ok... maybe i am just way too blonde... SkyBaby-07 or still sick...:confused: . cant figure that out yet

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dealer demo

Slade said:

I'm not so sure it is stupid to sell the first one. By mistake or not, my dealer is giving me the first one they receive. As a token of good will, I offered to leave it at the dealer for a week or so so that people on the deposit list can take a peek. I thought he would jump at the offer but he said "I guess that would be fine if that's what you want to do" which gave me the impression they would rather have this thing driving the streets to increase awareness instead of sitting is a showroom when no one else (other than us - the insane:jester: ) knows its there.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
JayZ said:
I'm not so sure it is stupid to sell the first one. By mistake or not, my dealer is giving me the first one they receive. As a token of good will, I offered to leave it at the dealer for a week or so so that people on the deposit list can take a peek. I thought he would jump at the offer but he said "I guess that would be fine if that's what you want to do" which gave me the impression they would rather have this thing driving the streets to increase awareness instead of sitting is a showroom when no one else (other than us - the insane:jester: ) knows its there.
I am going to some of both, but much more driving than parked!!!:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
JayZ said:

I can relate..... i would think the Sky on the streets would bring more people into the showroom to ORDER..... if not to follow the SKY... and see what make it is and where to get one.... I, for one, cant wait til that happens.... How exciting.. SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
kimmi said:
Just think our very own Sky stalker.. Don't you love to be the center of attention, I know I do.:cheers:
Kimmi

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: SkyBaby-07

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW...
I called my local Saturns and it's BS!
Even if I had money in my hand, they pre-sold their allotments and won't have anything available until the FALL!

this sort of thing will push me away from the brand unfortunately. And it's the ONLY thing pulling me into it.

Getting a Lotus Elise will be easier.

If anyone is a dealer, knows a dealer, or knows of a dealership in the USA, who can get vehicles to customers without the crazy wait, let me know.

It's as bad as ordering a MINI Cooper!

How sad :(

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Roadstar said:
WOW...
Even if I had money in my hand, they pre-sold their allotments and won't have anything available until the FALL!

this sort of thing will push me away from the brand unfortunately. And it's the ONLY thing pulling me into it.

If anyone is a dealer, knows a dealer, or knows of a dealership in the USA, who can get vehicles to customers without the crazy wait, let me know.

Unfortunately you arrived at the party way too late. You are gonna have to grease the bouncer's pockets to aviod the line up if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Roadstar said:
WOW...

the only way your gonna get one soon is to find one of the few dealers who didn't accept deposits. They don't have a waiting list so its first come first served. The bad thing is, these same dealers are marking up the msrp thousands of dollars.
I'm sure you can find a solstice on a lot though!

I'll sell you mine for 10k over what I pay!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Roadstar said:
WOW...

When dealing with a new model it is not unusual to have waiting lists for its arrival. You have come too near the end - mosty of us have had deposits on these beauties for nearly a year!
They are only making 10,000 SKY -- so if you want one for NEXT year sign up now...
There are dealers in some states that are accepting deposits and have cars to sell (be prepared to wait for a long time to have it built!).
If you do not have patience then buy something common.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts