Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blame it on the commercial...I was planning on having a new toy in '07, and had my eye on the Mustang Cobra GT (until I sat in the new style...NOT made for me!!) I went back to searching for (my third) '66 Chevelle, but the old muscle car didn't light me up the way I they used to.:confused:

Oh, my, HAVE I GROWN UP???:eek:

My hubby and I were watching TV one evening, and, WOW!!! There it was!!! We looked at each other, found we were both on the edge of our seats, and rushed to the internet to find out what IT was!!! Oh, my, a SKY!!

Having done a day or two of research, I put a deposit on a RL here in GA. She will be beautiful, I'm sure, when she gets here. The dealer estimated that I will have her in 9 months to a year, which suits my timeframe.:cool:

She'll be bluestone/tan/manual/chrome wheels/spoiled (yes, that means a spoiler, and also how she'll be treated).:lol:

Do any of you "pros" have comments on this suspected timetable? I'd love to hear your comments!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Do any of you "pros" have comments on this suspected timetable? I'd love to hear your comments!

First things first

As far as the wait may I offer this

or this

might not get it her any faster but it will at least pass the time away.

The time frame sounds about right.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!!

Happy to have you join in! Congratulations on the fine choice you've made and I hope you have a hobby:lol: the RL wasn't available when I had my neck snapped by a picture on the internet. I went to the Saturn site, wound up driving a Solstice in lieu of a Sky (cause we couldn't find one to test drive!!) and have never looked back. :)
My base Sky shipped on the 14th and we are waiting for the phone call to come and pick it up!:thumbs:
Most importantly I've found an extraordinary group of the best folks on the continent of North America, Canada to Mexico (also Alaska and Hawaii). All your answers are here, just ask and do a little search engine work in the site.
Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My base Sky shipped on the 14th and we are waiting for the phone call to come and pick it up!:thumbs:
Thanks for your answers. I'm spending way too much time on this site!
Hope your baby arrives REAL soon, I know you'll be posting and can't wait to see her.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, hobbies...

I can keep my daily driver clean and shiny...and explain to her that she'll have a new sister soon. (Is a year from now SOON in car talk?)

Yesterday, my husband painted the garage wall where the SKY will park. I'll post a photo soon...:yesnod: You'll all like it a lot, I promise!

In the meantime, there's lots to read here. I should be well schooled by the time I'm driving the RL...and after that, I won't have time for the computer!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:cheers: Welcome and cheers from GM ..... you are just in time for a $1,000 price increase!:brentil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked with my salesperson. The dealer here has a policy of not passing on any price increases after they accept a deposit on a Saturn. Yea!!!:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday, my husband painted the garage wall where the SKY will park. I'll post a photo soon...:yesnod: You'll all like it a lot, I promise!
It took a little while, but here's the Sky Wall. (Spoiled girl...):D

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very nice! :thumbs: I especially like the fact that the garbage can has matching clouds!

Does your husband hire out?! :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice! :thumbs: I especially like the fact that the garbage can has matching clouds!

Does your husband hire out?! :lol:
Well, he's sitting here with a big smile on his face right now. The trash can put me over the edge, too! :lol: :D :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, DonnaSky, can you post a pic of your windscreen??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Donna! I did find your other post with this, and had forgotten I'd asked here. Nice!!! Do you find it makes a big difference? I like the look, but wonder about the necessity!!

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Welcome to our Forum!! And congrats on your RL order--Hope the car Gods, speed up her development, nine months, hmm, just as long as a baby takes to be made:lol: --Good Luck!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks, Donna! I did find your other post with this, and had forgotten I'd asked here. Nice!!! Do you find it makes a big difference? I like the look, but wonder about the necessity!!
It makes a difference but doesn't cut it out all together. It also works best with the windows up, but I don't like to drive with them up, unless I'm on my way to work and can't have the total windblown look all day!

Even so......We are talking about accessories for a Roadster......I don't think the word necessity applies!!! ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Even so......We are talking about accessories for a Roadster......I don't think the word necessity applies!!! ;)
:cheers: Yea, that was silly of me, wasn't it? I really like the look!

I agree about windows up, what's the use of having a convertible when you're closing up the sides?

Roadsters are like 4-wheel motorcycles, without the detriment of helmet head.:) We can deal with windblown. 80's hair is coming back, too, so we'll be right in style. :lol:

Thanks for the answer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts