Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't sleep....
I know I have a long wait, but I just moved to #3 for a redline at my dealer in Houston!!!!!!!
My 1st car....YEARS ago....Actually I was 14, and had a job to buy it, was a Triumph TR3.... Of ALL the cars I've had since, THAT is the one I wish I'd kept.
That was 40 years ago....
The SKY Redline will be ALL that and MORE.!!!!!:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I can't sleep....
I know I have a long wait, but I just moved to #3 for a redline at my dealer in Houston!!!!!!!
My 1st car....YEARS ago....Actually I was 14, and had a job to buy it, was a Triumph TR3.... Of ALL the cars I've had since, THAT is the one I wish I'd kept.
The SKY redine will be ALL that and MORE.!!!!!:willy: :willy: :willy:
Welcome aboard! There's a bunch of people from the lone star state on here.
Enjoy the waiting game. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I can't sleep....
It'll be worth the wait! I'm still on the list for mine and am gonna be so PSYCHED when it comes in.

My first car was a bright Yellow Triumph Spitfire 1500 with a black top. Loved that little guy!

It was so low to the ground that I had to get out of the car and push it over the speed bumps in my neightborhood in order to get home!

Welcome to the line man!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't sleep....

Wait a second.......you're in Friendswood so you went to the one by Fuqua Rd. exit off of I-45 correct?

Those SOB's told me I'd be waiting on a Redline till this time next year if I'm lucky! - or were you one of the brave and wise ones that placed an order back in Late '05/Early '06?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait a second.......you're in Friendswood so you went to the one by Fuqua Rd. exit off of I-45 correct?

Those SOB's told me I'd be waiting on a Redline till this time next year if I'm lucky! - or were you one of the brave and wise ones that placed an order back in Late '05/Early '06?
Stopped there 1st... ended up dealing with the Dealer @ Katy Rd. (I10 at Beltway) Long story, but I pulled my request at Fuqua.

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Congratz and welcome to the waiting game!!!:thumbs: :D

This forum not only helps pass the time along ....but its also full of some awesome info..thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I can't sleep....
Congrats fellow Texan, I to owned a '60 TR3A 40 yrs ago. Great car, should have held on to it!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats fellow Texan, I to owned a '60 TR3A 40 yrs ago. Great car, should have held on to it!!
Still have the shop manual.... Those SU carbs, and Lucas Electrics were a bear.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It'll be worth the wait! I'm still on the list for mine and am gonna be so PSYCHED when it comes in.

My first car was a bright Yellow Triumph Spitfire 1500 with a black top. Loved that little guy!

It was so low to the ground that I had to get out of the car and push it over the speed bumps in my neightborhood in order to get home!

Welcome to the line man!
Had a Spitfire for a while.... always had overheating problems with it. Just figured a car fron the UK couldn't stand the South Texas heat. LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome Guys. Like I said" Can't Wait"!!!!!!! But this site sure make it easier!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah read my "Review" thread - I had a story to tell.
Good... I thought it was just me...LOL They ( the dealers) are part of the same group, but a world of difference. PLUS 50 miles difference one way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good... I thought it was just me...LOL They ( the dealers) are part of the same group, but a world of difference. PLUS 50 miles difference one way.
But all of them told me the same thing, in a nutshell even if I woulda ordered TODAY it woulda been at LEAST a year before I'd be in my Redline and I will NOT settle for an N/A, I need boost darn it!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
British Roadsters and USA

:cheers:
I did not acquire my 64 Sunbeam Alpine till 1989, was not restored and drivable till March of 2003. At least while I am waiting and its cooled off enough I can still get some wind in my hair :D
Maybe we need a poll on just how many of us have one or have owned a British roadsters and now want a new American roadster a Saturn Sky :thumbs:
I am going for the faster car this time a Redline Saturn Sky. Yep a Sunbeam Tiger would be nicer then that ole Sunbeam Alpine of mine, V8 verses a 4 banger, but it gets me around town.
:rolleyes:
TulsaSky

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome it is nice to see another Texan on board...you are getting a red line version of my exact car. I am on the northwest side of Houston.
Congrads on moving up:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe we need a poll on just how many of us have one or have owned a British roadsters and now want a new American roadster a Saturn Sky
:cheers:

I want to have the same feeling as driving my old MGB but without the 10:1 maintenance time/driving time ratio. This is my dream car. I laugh because with all the people calling for the extra HP of the Redline, the base Sky is going to feel like a rocket to me!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Welcome.. and got one rule....... ENJOY YOUR SKY........ SkyBaby

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can't sleep....

I have only seen 1 sky in houston driving around and its a yellow one

1 - 20 of 26 Posts