Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got confirmation TODAY that our 1st image has been BUILT as of 3/1/06. Last six of the VIN# 100391 :cheers: :eek: :cheers: No news on when is supposed to ship, only that it has to go thrugh QC and then it will move along the line... :willy:

At least things are starting to move along... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
what was the TPW when it was at 030?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
We got confirmation TODAY that our 1st image has been BUILT as of 3/1/06. Last six of the VIN# 100391 :cheers: :eek: :cheers: No news on when is supposed to ship, only that it has to go thrugh QC and then it will move along the line... :willy:

At least things are starting to move along... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

Now we are talking!!! Here we go!:willy: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Is that the dealer demo or the first for sale sky? My dealor is having a "new car clinic" on the 24 of March and I have been told that their demo model will be there for that. he is saying atleast 4-6 weeks for mine #1 on the list after the dealer demo. Should I be getting even more excited.. Will my family finaly be able to live with me. I have to fight for computer space to check on the status all the time. I think my dealer is being very carefull not to give me in accurate info and for that reason I dont hear nearly enough.

Can't get enough news , especially the good kind!

Kimmi:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
We got confirmation TODAY that our 1st image has been BUILT as of 3/1/06. Last six of the VIN# 100391 :cheers: :eek: :cheers: No news on when is supposed to ship, only that it has to go thrugh QC and then it will move along the line... :willy:

At least things are starting to move along... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Congratulations, sounds like you have one of the last ones off the assembly line (first run batch). Don't be surprise when it arrives at your door there is over 30 miles on the odometer. These first 440 cars are going to be tested hard. They just might be able to start shipping them by 20th afterall.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
usmc said:
what was the TPW when it was at 030?
It never had a TPW, it went straight to BUILT!!! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ernest said:
When is the completed image released into the computer with it's VIN, before or after the QC? In your opinioon, do you think a lot of the VINs willbe released over the delear computers this week, or next?
We are given the last six of the VIN, this means a VIN has been assigned to this image so it already has a VIN; we don't see the full VIN until we get the actual invoice from Saturn/GM. :banghead:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kimmi said:
Is that the dealer demo or the first for sale sky? My dealor is having a "new car clinic" on the 24 of March and I have been told that their demo model will be there for that. he is saying atleast 4-6 weeks for mine #1 on the list after the dealer demo. Should I be getting even more excited.. Will my family finaly be able to live with me. I have to fight for computer space to check on the status all the time. I think my dealer is being very carefull not to give me in accurate info and for that reason I dont hear nearly enough.

Can't get enough news , especially the good kind!

Kimmi:cheers:
Management here chose to sell the first image instead of getting a "dealer demo," the more Skys out in the road the better...:thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Management here chose to sell the first image instead of getting a "dealer demo," the more Skys out in the road the better...:thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

Sure wish my GM thought that.. BUT... NO.:banghead: .. HE HAD TO GET IT.... ugh.. SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I was told that the "Demo" was already sold but that the buyer agreed to let it stay in the showroom (just for looks not for test driving) for the first 6 weeks

I personnaly could'nt do that it would drive me crazy knowing it was there but I couldn't drive it. Here in Florida it is now perfect top down weather. In a few more months we will have rain and hurricanes to deal with UGH

Kimmi
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
I was a bit concerned when the dealer told me mine would be held hostage until the next one came in so they would always have one on the showroom. Since then, they have decided the first on will be the show/demo car. Which I think is a good idea, because if mine had too many miles on it I was going to demand they give me a demo price on it. Being a demo dropped the price on my wife's X-Type Jag by $2 or $3K. When you are ordering a car, you don't expect to have it used as a demo vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
TexSon said:
I was a bit concerned when the dealer told me mine would be held hostage until the next one came in so they would always have one on the showroom. Since then, they have decided the first on will be the show/demo car. Which I think is a good idea, because if mine had too many miles on it I was going to demand they give me a demo price on it. Being a demo dropped the price on my wife's X-Type Jag by $2 or $3K. When you are ordering a car, you don't expect to have it used as a demo vehicle.
There was talk at my dealer about the same thing -- but not a Demo to be driven -- strickly a look-no-touch thing.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
There was talk at my dealer about the same thing -- but not a Demo to be driven -- strickly a look-no-touch thing.
Ours was going to let interested persons sit in it .... and such while it was in the showroom.. and ONLY.. VERY INTERESTED persons drive it... yeah.:nono: . right... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I am # 1 and my GM is expecting the demo in 1-2 weeks. They will NOT sell it unless someone who already has a Sky wants to trade for it. Mine will soon follow so he said. :lol:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top