Saturn Sky Forum banner

How many images have your retailer received?

• 1 Image

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 2 Images

• 3 Images

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • 4 Images

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 5 Images

• 6 Images

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 7 Images

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 8 Images

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 Images

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 Images

Votes: 3 7.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I doubt any retailer is still at just 1, I thought I would keep it there just in case.

If you know, how many images has your retailer received to order from?

Mine has only received 2... 1 on January 9th... and the next on around March 9th... How in the world is Saturn/GM only giving my retailer 1 image every 2 months, when others have already received 2 - 3 actual cars at their stores.

They have about 12 on the list... and they only have their demo there and a customer order ordered.

On a kind of side note, I was planning on going to car shows with mine as I do currently with my 99 SL2... it is a show winner... and I am planning on winning even more with the SKY... I feel like I am going to show up fashionably late next year, after all the after-market manufacturers and lucky SKY owners are at the shows with SKYs this year. :willy:

·
Registered
277 Posts
My dealer told me they get 2 images a month, but Saturn could throw them some extra units. That is probably why some stores have more than 1 unit delivered.

My dealer in Maryland has only recieved mine to date, no others.:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Mine mentioned 3 with mine having already come in that leaves them 2 inbound.

·
Registered
877 Posts
what dealer has 10 images?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My retailer has only gotten 1 image so far and that is there dealership car. I received a call last week from my salesman telling me my image was coming, but didn't know exactly when. :banghead: They were told to expect 2 more. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for the dealer to actually get their images after Saturn informs them they are getting them.:confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I guessed 5

I am pretty sure it is 5 I was # 4 and I think ordgq was #5 (right??) I know pphjj5 was #1 (car coming any day now). . .
ordgq was originally #8 and I was #9....
Please correct me if I am wrong -- anyone from Saturn of Tinley Park...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Being in Canada, no cars have been delivered as of yet. If that was what you were asking. He has received images as in cars he was able to order on the computer.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
mglindo said:
My dealer only has their demo so I only said 1. No other Sky has come in.
I spokes with the GM at Santa Rosa he said he has gotten 6 images, also another 2 people dropped out so I am no #13 and 7 away from my Image!:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I voted for 2 images in the poll, simply because that is all I know for sure...1 was the first Sky that came in last week, and the other is MINE. :D However, there may be more in between those two that I don't know about.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Saturn of Huntsville has at least 4 images. The demo, Mine and then 2 other Skys. I'm first after demo and waiting and waiting. Skip.. did I say I'm waiting....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Saturn of Rockford is only getting 8..... i was told... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not sure how many total, but my dealer gets an image EVERY 2-3 DAYS!!! That's alot it seems. I just called them last week for an order and I will be imaging today or tomorrow.... They also said no delay as far as chrome, only if one wants automatic. ?? Go figure?! Oh--they're in Arlington, TX...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
luvskyz said:
I'm not sure how many total, but my dealer gets an image EVERY 2-3 DAYS!!! That's alot it seems. I just called them last week for an order and I will be imaging today or tomorrow.... They also said no delay as far as chrome, only if one wants automatic. ?? Go figure?! Oh--they're in Arlington, TX...
That's weird...about the delay on automatics. I was under the impression that the automatic restriction was lifted and that it's the chrome wheels that are the big hold up. I wonder if this is something new that has just recently arisen...or if your dealer gave you the wrong info. :confused:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
That's weird...about the delay on automatics. I was under the impression that the automatic restriction was lifted and that it's the chrome wheels that are the big hold up. I wonder if this is something new that has just recently arisen...or if your dealer gave you the wrong info. :confused:
I may be wrong but teh way this was described to me was -- last week the order ratio for stic/auto was raised from the "normal" 95/5% to 50/50%. However as oders flow in if the supply of automatics goes above the ratio -- bang -- delay for cars until that percentage is leveled out again. So depending on how many automatics were available to get the 50/50, if they reduced the supply -- sorry - next ones have to wait.

Am I making sense??

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rick112 said:
Being in Canada, no cars have been delivered as of yet. If that was what you were asking. He has received images as in cars he was able to order on the computer.
Was asking how many images... meaning cars they were able to order... not how many have been delivered to store.

·
Registered
311 Posts
richmcc said:
I spokes with the GM at Santa Rosa he said he has gotten 6 images, also another 2 people dropped out so I am no #13 and 7 away from my Image!:willy: :willy:

I guess I got confused.:willy: I thought it was cars received. Duh!
.:willy:

Was #3, others ahead dropped out, and I became first customer imaged.:cheers: Still waiting. Shipped 3/22.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I may be wrong but teh way this was described to me was -- last week the order ratio for stic/auto was raised from the "normal" 95/5% to 50/50%. However as oders flow in if the supply of automatics goes above the ratio -- bang -- delay for cars until that percentage is leveled out again. So depending on how many automatics were available to get the 50/50, if they reduced the supply -- sorry - next ones have to wait.

Am I making sense??
Yep...makes sense to me...even if I didn't want to hear that. :banghead: :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts