Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went into the Dealership yesterday just to check on things and I got a little surprise....I was imaged on AUG 19!!!....But they never called me. Everything was ordered ok as I had pretty much got all the upgrades so that was fine. He said I was code 3000 and would call when it went 3500 is that right or did he mean 2000 and then 2500. I did not question it until I got home and came on this site.

But the best part I at least finally got to ride is a SKY, It was a manual so I let the salesman drive (been about 15 years since I drove a stick) I am sure I could have worked my way through it but it was not my car and they were nice enough to offer to take me out and I only had a few minutes anyway.......but what can I sa WOW!!!! what a blast he took one corner at about 40mph, as you all know "like it was on rails" :eek: ok I am offically now completely hooked!!!:cool:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Code 3400 is broadcast or 3800 is Built. He must of ment one of these codes. There is no code 3500.

Congrats !! I love the bluestone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went into the Dealership yesterday just to check on things and I got a little surprise....I was imaged on AUG 19!!!....But they never called me. Everything was ordered ok as I had pretty much got all the upgrades so that was fine. He said I was code 3000 and would call when it went 3500 is that right or did he mean 2000 and then 2500. I did not question it until I got home and came on this site.:
Congrats! Your visit to your dealer went much better than mine. I stopped by today after not hearing a word for 8 weeks (they had promised to drop me an email every 4 weeks even if nothing had changed). The salesman I had been dealing with was tied up closing a deal so another one spoke with me. I told him the only thing I really wanted to know was where I am on the list. He went to check and came back a few minutes later to tell me "good news, you've moved to number 7 on the list". The only problem is that 8 weeks ago I was number 4:confused: Needless to say we had a little chat:nono: By the time I left I was told I was back to #4 on the list but now I have pretty much lost all confidence in this dealership. :rant:No one there seems to have any hint of a clue of anything about the Sky. When I asked if they would protect me against the latest price increase they claimed to know nothing about an increase. When I asked how many Skys they thought they would get during the rest of the year I was told "we have no idea, they just show up". When I asked if my order had been entered into any system I was told "we can't do that until we know what we're getting". See the trend? I cannot believe a dealership can be that ignorant. The closest dealership to me that is not owned by this group is just over 100 miles away. I'm going to visit them next week to see how they sound. I'll leave my deposit for the base Sky with the current dealer but will probably leave a deposit for a redline with the other dealership. Especially when this dealer told me that the Redlines are not in production yet and no one is producing any aftermarket products for the Sky yet. Before I left I told him that if he really wants info on the Sky to visit this website because he obviously wasn't getting any info from Saturn. I did not lose my cool during the visit and was very tactful but I'm afraid if I had stayed much longer I would have called them all liars. No one can be that stupid and make a living selling the product!:rant:
Sorry for the rant. I think many of you can probably relate.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ah .... many on this forum have encountered similiar situations with their dealers.

I said it before ... if a dealer chooses not to forward a deposited purchase order and obtaing a VOM for the customer, thereby not protecting the customer from price increases, the dealer should be legally obligated to absorb said price increase since it was his actions, or lack of, which placed the customer in financial harm.

:mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
:agree::agree::agree:

:agree:
Ah .... many on this forum have encountered similiar situations with their dealers.

I said it before ... if a dealer chooses not to forward a deposited purchase order and obtaing a VOM for the customer, thereby not protecting the customer from price increases, the dealer should be legally obligated to absorb said price increase since it was his actions, or lack of, which placed the customer in financial harm.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

I think it would be a good case in Small clams court. It only cost maybe 20/25 dollars to file and you don't need a lawyer. But I think you would have a good shot at winning against the Dealsership. But I'm not a lawyer. Maybe someone else can give a little input who's a lawyer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congrats! Your visit to your dealer went much better than mine. I stopped by today after not hearing a word for 8 weeks (they had promised to drop me an email every 4 weeks even if nothing had changed). The salesman I had been dealing with was tied up closing a deal so another one spoke with me. I told him the only thing I really wanted to know was where I am on the list. He went to check and came back a few minutes later to tell me "good news, you've moved to number 7 on the list". The only problem is that 8 weeks ago I was number 4:confused: Needless to say we had a little chat:nono: By the time I left I was told I was back to #4 on the list but now I have pretty much lost all confidence in this dealership. :rant:No one there seems to have any hint of a clue of anything about the Sky. When I asked if they would protect me against the latest price increase they claimed to know nothing about an increase. When I asked how many Skys they thought they would get during the rest of the year I was told "we have no idea, they just show up". When I asked if my order had been entered into any system I was told "we can't do that until we know what we're getting". See the trend? I cannot believe a dealership can be that ignorant. The closest dealership to me that is not owned by this group is just over 100 miles away. I'm going to visit them next week to see how they sound. I'll leave my deposit for the base Sky with the current dealer but will probably leave a deposit for a redline with the other dealership. Especially when this dealer told me that the Redlines are not in production yet and no one is producing any aftermarket products for the Sky yet. Before I left I told him that if he really wants info on the Sky to visit this website because he obviously wasn't getting any info from Saturn. I did not lose my cool during the visit and was very tactful but I'm afraid if I had stayed much longer I would have called them all liars. No one can be that stupid and make a living selling the product!:rant:
Sorry for the rant. I think many of you can probably relate.
You'r being played, should have taken that 100 mile drive along time back when we talked about it........good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You'r being played, should have taken that 100 mile drive along time back when we talked about it........good luck.

You are right, Mav and trust me, I'm paying attention this time (about $1000.00 worth:mad: ). I actually spoke with the dealership you mentioned right after you told me about them. TulsaSky also recommended them. It sounded good but I still had hopes of a quicker delivery from my current dealer. Now I see how wrong I was. :banghead: I will call again Tuesday and probably leave a deposit for a redline instead of the regular Sky. If I'm going to have to wait another 6 months for the car it might as well have more power. :drool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts