Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY dealer (Saturn of Portsmouth Virginia) just called me 1110 AM EST, and said that I could order now they received thier images this morning....and if anyone is interested they have open orders if you need one or are on a long list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok...maybe a bit premature...called the dealer that I placed my deposit with, the portsmouth dealer wasn't taking deposits and I didn't want to be left out so I found one of the South's biggest Saturn Dealer (Marietta, Ga) and that is where my deposit is at....anyway, I just called him and he said that they received thier allocations for the first 6 months but not the images yet but he expects to get the images within the week. He also said that his dealership which is actaully 3 dealers in the atlanta area received an allocation of 30 for the first 6 months and each dealer will have to keep the first one for the showroom and that the only restrictions he knows of right now (from saturn) is that about 80% of the sky's produced for the first 6 month allocation will be 5-speeds and that the color yellow will be delayed.
So it looks like the ball is in motion now and I expect that actual ordering will be soon. Hope the first post didn't get to many in an uproar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
MY dealer (Saturn of Portsmouth Virginia) just called me 1110 AM EST, and said that I could order now they received thier images this morning...
The telephone call at 11:10AM and the posting time stamped at 11:11AM. What took you so long to get the info on the web? That news was 60 seconds old, practically obsolete! Get on the ball next time!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
kingarthur said:
The telephone call at 11:10AM and the posting time stamped at 11:11AM. What took you so long to get the info on the web? That news was 60 seconds old, practically obsolete! Get on the ball next time!!
Hehehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
My dealer just got 1 image in. He ask me to come in to choose options and get a preliminary order together. He said he did not have any allocation numbers yet. I am not #1 on the list so there is no hurry - rightttttttt ! :willy:

Wife and I off to see my salesman now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Not Yet..

Turk said:
My dealer just got 1 image in. He ask me to come in to choose options and get a preliminary order together. He said he did not have any allocation numbers yet. I am not #1 on the list so there is no hurry - rightttttttt ! :willy:

Wife and I off to see my salesman now.
According to the sales manager at the dearlership here, no images and on allocations. They expect to hear on 1/9 or 1/10. Guess you will be calling on Monday, not much later than Tuesday.

Let's hope this is the start of something big.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Lots of BS flying around it seems. :bs: Last week I told someone this was the place to watch for news of when orders really start to happen... Perhaps we can get our acts together a little more and get our facts a little more streight. :D

When Brentli or perhaps Kappaman post that they have just placed their orders I'll start running to my dealer. :rant: :boxing: :driving:

Thanks again for the new smiles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
rick112 said:
Lots of BS flying around it seems. :bs: Last week I told someone this was the place to watch for news of when orders really start to happen... Perhaps we can get our acts together a little more and get our facts a little more streight. :D

When Brentli or perhaps Kappaman post that they have just placed their orders I'll start running to my dealer. :rant: :boxing: :driving:

Thanks again for the new smiles.
Brentil is already a Solstice owner.

I haven't decided whether I'm getting a Solstice GXP or Sky Redline yet...
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
Turk said:
My dealer just got 1 image in. He ask me to come in to choose options and get a preliminary order together. He said he did not have any allocation numbers yet. I am not #1 on the list so there is no hurry - rightttttttt ! :willy:

Wife and I off to see my salesman now.
My dealer also told me they had one image, then called back and told me that it's for the demo car, not for me. Hope it worked out for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
My understanding is that all dealers got one image this past Tuesday, for their showroom cars. Looks like allocations were out Thursday but my dealer does not seem to know that yet... :banghead: geez this is fun, isn't it? :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Just got back from the dealer. The salesman took a written order and we priced out at $27,300.00 with tax and shipping. Mid blue std tranny with chrome wheels, middle am/fm radio, LSD, molded mud flaps, black leather pkg - that's about it. The dealer got one image for his demo. I wonder if most dealers will just sell their demo right out of the gate. Why have one in the showroom if the entire years allocation is sold out? General mgr said as images come in - they will call following the order of those with deposits. Oh, by the way, all cars to be sold at MSRP. Thank God!

There is a removable luggage rack going to be available through the dealer. Also a performance spring package, and several other things. One was an external airbox. What would that be? Dealer did not know.

My dealer did not get his allocation yet. He is expecting it very soon. He is a large 5 county dealer. Overall, my wife and I had a very good experience and all the people there were genuinely interested in what we ordered and were excited for us. It is why we bought a Saturn coupe there 8 years ago. Looks like they've kept up on the "saturn experience".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
placed order info

I was called last night from my Saturn dealer and was told I could come in and place my preferences for ordering. I went in this morning and was told by my sales manager that they only had the one image - for the dealer demo. He did tell me however, that I could "officially" place my preferences with him. We sat down and went through the order process: picking color, oprtions, etc. Priced out at $26675 - no markup. I was the first to place my order (and I use that term loosely) with him. His allocation is 3-4 per month.

When the first customer image is ready, it'll be mine but, I ordered the auto tranny and there might be a delay for that option so I guess I should say I'll bethe first auto trans image to go. I can live with that. My sales manager said once the image goes in, he will keep me informed every step of the way, and I beleive him!

My experience with my dealer - Saturn of Concord, CA - was the same as my last three Saturn I purchased. :) Easy, honest, pleasant. :) I showed him this forum and he bookmarked it on the spot!

ordered:
Silver Graphite
black/red
single CD with Monsoon
chrome wheels
spoiler (? need to see one first)
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
KappaMan said:
Brentil is already a Solstice owner.

I haven't decided whether I'm getting a Solstice GXP or Sky Redline yet...
You guys arn't going to order Skys? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Turk said:
Just got back from the dealer. The salesman took a written order and we priced out at $27,300.00 with tax and shipping. Mid blue std tranny with chrome wheels, middle am/fm radio, LSD, molded mud flaps, black leather pkg - that's about it. The dealer got one image for his demo. I wonder if most dealers will just sell their demo right out of the gate. Why have one in the showroom if the entire years allocation is sold out? General mgr said as images come in - they will call following the order of those with deposits. Oh, by the way, all cars to be sold at MSRP. Thank God!
According to My dealer they cannot sell the Demo, It is still property of Gm and not for retail sale...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
bigdog said:
I was called last night from my Saturn dealer and was told I could come in and place my preferences for ordering. I went in this morning and was told by my sales manager that they only had the one image - for the dealer demo. He did tell me however, that I could "officially" place my preferences with him. We sat down and went through the order process: picking color, oprtions, etc. Priced out at $26675 - no markup. I was the first to place my order (and I use that term loosely) with him. His allocation is 3-4 per month.

When the first customer image is ready, it'll be mine but, I ordered the auto tranny and there might be a delay for that option so I guess I should say I'll bethe first auto trans image to go. I can live with that. My sales manager said once the image goes in, he will keep me informed every step of the way, and I beleive him!

My experience with my dealer - Saturn of Concord, CA - was the same as my last three Saturn I purchased. :) Easy, honest, pleasant. :) I showed him this forum and he bookmarked it on the spot!

ordered:
Silver Graphite
black/red
single CD with Monsoon
chrome wheels
spoiler (? need to see one first)
The dealer I using is in santa rosa, they also own vacaville and fairfield saturn dealerships. Concord is less than an hour away so hopefully they follow the same path as Saturn of concord, if they don't at least now I know of dealership close by I can use instead. Thanks for the info.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
According to My dealer they cannot sell the Demo, It is still property of Gm and not for retail sale...
Yep, you are correct. Is what some call a CRUSH car. Once it has served its purpose, it will be picked up by GM and CRUSHED... :banghead:

What a waste... :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
We've found a lot of slaeable Solstices that were never sold ended up in junk yards and are being parted out now.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top