Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We received confirmation that we will get our first image today. :cheers: We are only getting one image today, no news on when we will get more yet. :mad: Preliminary news is that production for this image will be between Feb 13th and March 6Th, no specifics as to when we will receive it but after the order is accepted we can watch it progress. :cool: This image is supposed to be the one for the Dealer, not sure if there is some specific commitment on how is it going to be equipped and if they HAVE to keep it as a Dealer unit. More on that as time goes by. :banghead: I'll keep my eyes opened to more developments... :jester:

Regards,

:willy: S.D.:willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Thanks Sky Dealer! One would think that since ya'll are getting your initial image that perhaps others may follow soon! I have a question for you though- have you heard anything about the disparity in allocations for automatics and manuals? Does it look as though the automatics will be not be available right away as was initially believed? Just curious. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing on that just yet!!! :nono:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Come onnnnn Images!

I t will be interesting to watch
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just Placed Our First Order!!!

We just placed our first order!!! :cheers: :thumbs: :willy:

Not my customer but this one ordered a Silver Pearl with Black Leather Interior and Black top, the Premium Package, CD/MP3, XM Radio, LSD & Chrome Wheels. Also this one was accepted as an AUTOMATIC. :eek: This doesn't mean it can be kicked out later because of the Auto tranny but the image was changed successfully to what I wrote above... :banghead:

Now let's see how it progresses from here...:cheers:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Whoo-hoo Sky Dealer! Best news I've heard in moons! I know all of our patience is going to pay off soon! Thanks for making my day!:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Well, keep praying that AUTOMATICS will be made alongside of the MANUALS once they start building these things. I know I gotta have an automatic in my SKY. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
My dealer just called me and informed me his first image was in.

He said he got the first image and since I was number one, he was going to spec it for me. We configured it to match my requirements: Chili Pepper Red, Black Top, Black Leather and appearance package, LSD, 6-Disc Monsoon, and XM. The computer accepted the changes, and now the real waiting begins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
SATN SKY said:
My dealer just called me and informed me his first image was in.

He said he got the first image and since I was number one, he was going to spec it for me. We configured it to match my requirements: Chili Pepper Red, Black Top, Black Leather and appearance package, LSD, 6-Disc Monsoon, and XM. The computer accepted the changes, and now the real waiting begins.
does he not know that first Image is not to be sold????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SkyMan 07 said:
does he not know that first Image is not to be sold????
Saturn gave us the choice to keep it as a Dealer Demo or to sell it as a regular unit. Management decided to sell it since Saturn informed us that the more you sell the more you will get so, those who hang on to the Dealer Demo will not get as many allocated as the ones that are selling them. :eek: Remember, that is what I was told, don't shoot the messenger!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
I know the answer to this question is burried somewhere in another thread, but for the sake of this thread;What exactly is an Image? How does it matter in ordering a Sky?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Chip said:
I know the answer to this question is burried somewhere in another thread, but for the sake of this thread;What exactly is an Image? How does it matter in ordering a Sky?
The image is the actual "order" in essence sent to dealers by GM, dealer fills it out, and then GM pulls it later when they're going to build cars.

Keyword: "whatisanimage"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Thanks brentil. Is the VOMS report then generated from the image / order ? I don't remember hearing about this "image" issue with the Solstice. Was it the same deal?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Chip said:
Thanks brentil. Is the VOMS report then generated from the image / order ? I don't remember hearing about this "image" issue with the Solstice. Was it the same deal?
We just called it something different. It was that point where we were all waiting for officiall ordering to start. We were too concerned with the Apprentice thing though to get worked up over the images.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
IMAGE? What is that?

Can someone please tell me what all the talk is about "dealer getting 1 or 2 images" Are they just Demo only cars?

keyword "whatisanimage"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
The image is the actual "order" in essence sent to dealers by GM, dealer fills it out, and then GM pulls it later when they're going to build cars.
This is a quote from Brentil, from another thread. Hope it helps...:)

The dealer supposedly can choose to keep their first image as a demo or sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
waywyrd said:
This is a quote from Brentil, from another thread. Hope it helps...:)

The dealer supposedly can choose to keep their first image as a demo or sell it.
An image is a code for vehicles alloted to dealer, the SKT is image ZMB67, when the deealer gets that image on his list, he has beenalloted a SKY.

ERNEST
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top