Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha ALL.....I have an important question for anyone with knowlegde of the SKY on board computer....

This is the deal...This is the Newest car I have ever owned and I am not sure about the MOD process....My main concearn is before I do a MOD to the SKY do I detach the BATTERY or not? :willy:

Will this make a difference or will the computer ajust naturally to the MODS as I go...I would love some info on this as I start my MOD ADVENTURES this WEDS...

Any INFO would be great for all of us!

MAHAOLS ALL.:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Take negative post off, that way no shorting out occurs. It also resets the computer..Skip...

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Skip is dead on. I've modded cars before where I didn't disconnect the battery and didn't have any problems BUT it is always safer to work on your car with the battery disconnected.

To reset the ECM it will have to be disconnected for about half an hour (some say 10 minutes, others 20...30 and you KNOW it'll be reset) for it to forget all that it has learned. If you don't do this eventually it will learn the new mod anyway, but this just speeds up the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts