Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The Sky is my plan. If I am going to drive a two seater, I'd like to do it in style. The Smart fourtwo just isn't for me. I'm sure it would be even better on gas than the Sky against my Ford Escape though.

Lets face it, you have to do it with at least a little style! Right?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not drive anywhere I don't have to. I have to shave off 2000 miles of extra driving on my lease car anyway in the next few months by driving under 1000 miles per month.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm getting a scooter! This is nuts...I drive a dodge ram 1500...filled up today $81.00. :brentil: When is my sky coming! :banghead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey, im thw new guy

Im a sales guy @ lansdowne saturn saab in vancouver B.C. Can.
We have pre sold 8 Sky's now. We all know the sky will be big, i cant wait to drive it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've "pre-sold" is that taken deposits. or have you actually guaranteed reciept of vehicle.. and vins?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Last summer while I was in London (England) I noted the price of gas there was around 80p/L. That worked out to around $1.80/L in Canadian dollars. At that time we were paying 75 to 85 cents a Letre Canadian. I can only imagine what they are paying now.

The world demand for oil is going up and more countries are wanting more oil. This will only get worse. I would bet that by the time you are ready to trade in your Sky the price of gas will be close to double what ever you are paying now. Look at how quickly the price has gone up in the past couple of years.

Small cars may be even more the wave of the future (and the present). How would you like to have a nice big 6.1L Hemi right now. :lol: FILL HER UP?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I remember the very first car I had came with pedals (I was about 8 at the time).
Maybe I should have held onto it, eh?.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
talken dips only

sky_vue said:
You've "pre-sold" is that taken deposits. or have you actually guaranteed reciept of vehicle.. and vins?
no one will buy 100% without ever seeing it and driving it first, but i know they will after driving it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
looking to buy 03 z4 or 9-2x

SkyHawk said:
I remember the very first car I had came with pedals (I was about 8 at the time).
Maybe I should have held onto it, eh?.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

are you concidering z4 and 9-2x, if so i have drivin both. I found the Z4 to be under power from what I expected, fun car, but not good for everyday. I have a 9-2x aero, i love it , but it does have turbo lag. If you want off the line quick u will be some what annoyed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
saturn saab said:
are you concidering z4 and 9-2x, if so i have drivin both. I found the Z4 to be under power from what I expected, fun car, but not good for everyday. I have a 9-2x aero, i love it , but it does have turbo lag. If you want off the line quick u will be some what annoyed.
Whachu talkin 'bout, Willis???????? :confused:
Am I considering a Z4 and 9-2X????????? :confused:
I'm driving both of them now (a 2003 Z4 and a 2005 9-2X). :rolleyes:
I love both of them. The Z4 is the perfect summer car and the 9-2X is the perfect foul weather vehicle. :cheers:
And y'alls gotta be smokin dope if you find the Z4 underpowered. :eek:
BTW, if you believe the Z4 is not a daily driver, then what do you consider the Sky to be.
The Z4 has far more trunk space than the SKY (the Z4 will hold lots of groceries and 2 set's of golf clubs. and has great cabin room)..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps I should opt for the Ducati Monster rather than the Sky :confused:

What sucks is that FINALLY, Detroit is putting out some quality automobiles...and now gas goes sky high. Where were these cars when gas was 89 cents a gallon about 5 years ago?

·
Registered
18 Posts
didnt know u have both-cool

im not comparing sky to z4, didnt say sky or z4 are day to day drivers. sky and z4 are summer cars depends on were u live. and the stuff im smokin is real good in b.c. arnald.

·
Registered
18 Posts
9-2x ??

SkyHawk said:
Whachu talkin 'bout, Willis???????? :confused:
Am I considering a Z4 and 9-2X????????? :confused:
I'm driving both of them now (a 2003 Z4 and a 2005 9-2X). :rolleyes:
I love both of them. The Z4 is the perfect summer car and the 9-2X is the perfect foul weather vehicle. :cheers:
And y'alls gotta be smokin dope if you find the Z4 underpowered. :eek:
BTW, if you believe the Z4 is not a daily driver, then what do you consider the Sky to be.
The Z4 has far more trunk space than the SKY (the Z4 will hold lots of groceries and 2 set's of golf clubs. and has great cabin room)..

is your 9-2 auto or 5sd. does the turbo lag bother u?

·
Registered
109 Posts
saturn saab said:
is your 9-2 auto or 5sd. does the turbo lag bother u?
Our (err, my wife's) 9-2X is a non-turbo, auto tranny and that's just the way we like it. :D
It has better off the line get-up-and-go than than the Turbo model (but we knew that before we ordered it in May 2004)...
I hate Turbos for that very reason. I bought a Buick Riviera V6 Turbo back in 1979 and what a piece of crap that engine was. I held onto that car for a shorter period of time (about 6 months) than anything I ever owned before or after......
BTW, We really like the 9-2X. Prevously had a Rav4 (fully loaded) and much prefer the Saab.
No doubt we'll get the next version of the 9-2X as well - (coming 2007????????)

·
Registered
18 Posts
07 9-2 linear only

from what i have heard the 9-2 will not come in a aero model for 06 and i think 07 as well. In the future yhe 9-2 will be built by saab and maybe 250 hp for the aero

·
Registered
185 Posts
sky_vue said:
Well he had the discussion.. what are your plans to conserve when Gas hits the $4 dollar mark.
And I just quit riding motorcycles, too! Well, motorcycling quit me afte I crashed last year and broke my ankle and tore all the ligaments.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We know that at the most recent $2.75 gas was still cheaper comparatively as a % of income compared to 20 years ago. What I'
m not sure of is what price now is equal to what we have paid in the past. And overall now vehicles get better mileage than they did.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well, I live in Los Angeles, and believe it or not, we have an excellent subway system. I take the subway from Universal Studios Hollywood, which is about 10 minutes from my house and it drops me off downtown right across the street from my office. So, that'll be my gas savings, I'm already taking advantage. And my company pays for my transportation.

My only problem is this..... when I get the SKY, how can I just LEAVE IT THERE all day. I may have to "bus" it. Not sure yet.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts