Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I just recently put my place in line for a redline at the local dealership. Supposidly there are 11 sky and 2 redlines in front of me. My dealer says they get 2 a month in and it might be moved up to 3 a month for august on. My question is do I have to wait for the standard skies in front of me to be completed or am I only in line behind the redlines. I wasn't sure if the dealers get a certain amount of each or do they just order whatevers next in line? I'm not sure if I explained that as well as I could have, but hopefully someone understands the question. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dealerships(at least all around me) treat the redline like an option on the base sky. so to answer your question, yes- you have 11 base, and 1 RL in front of you.....as far as i know

this is the same scenario i am in.
accept my situation is alot better....#1 on the redline list,..and only 1 base sky ahead of me..(i have to brag, right?)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
R/L's will be built along side base SKY's, so in theory an R/L could arrive earlier than some of the base ones. Dealer's receive an allotment for a ZMG67 R/L, as opposed to a ZMB67 Base SKY. To this they will attach a prelimary ordder number, and send it to VOMS. Dealers can do this themselves or allow the automated system to do it. My GM is personally attching my prelinary order # to the first allotment that arives. Hopefully today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Say you are the second RL but there are 2 RLs and 11 Base SKYs ahead -- well they are made at the same time, so there may be 6 SKY one RL then 5 more SKY then yours, just think of it as 12 cars ahead of you.

:thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
constraint update on RL??? Has anyone heard?

Has anyone heard if the constraint is lifted on the RL option?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Inline4Redline said:
Has anyone heard if the constraint is lifted on the RL option?
ANYONE???? Inquiring minds want to know... :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I understand what you guys are saying that they are going to make them as they come... so if the dealer has 12 base ahead of you, your #1 RL is really #13 on the "to build" list.

But I am inferring from my salesperson, that my dealer is treating it like a seperate model "within thier dealership" at least.

He has said multiple time that when the RL becomes available to order, they are bumping the RLs up... I am number 2 or 3 on the RL list, so I dont know if that immediately puts me at #3 on the overall "to build" list for the dealer when RLs are released...

I'm not sure if this is because they (the dealer) doesn't understand the allocation process... and even if the do... or just that having RLs around earlier can only help them drive future sales. If they just went with the cars in order, it may be mid-2007 before they have an RL come through thier doors!

The dealers will WANT the RLs coming in sooner, as it will drive future sales of RLs... Even if the RLs coming in are for customers, they will be hanging around the dealership long enough for people to check out. And the salespeople have a good story to tell people "I 've sold 4 of these.. test drove it.. they haul butt!". Heck if they had someone really interested in seeing the RL and I had mine, I'd gladly drive back to the dealership to show off my RL. For that alone, I should get mine FIRST! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with ahnuld. I would imagine that saturn would want to get the redlines on the street as soon as possible to boost sales. If every dealership waited to take care of all the standard sky first then no one would see a redline for many months. Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense. Anyways what color combo and options did you guys order? I went with black w/ black/red interior, spoiler, monsoon, xm, manual.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Turbomus Prime said:
I agree with ahnuld. I would imagine that saturn would want to get the redlines on the street as soon as possible to boost sales. If every dealership waited to take care of all the standard sky first then no one would see a redline for many months. Maybe I'm wrong, but it makes sense. Anyways what color combo and options did you guys order? I went with black w/ black/red interior, spoiler, monsoon, xm, manual.
There are two different opinions on how this shakes out.

1) That the Redline is separate Allocation, if this is true, then you would only have the other RLs in front of you. However, Redline Allocations will probably be less than the RL.

2) That the Redline is treated as an option. If this is the case it is dependent on where the dealer places you on his priority list. He may place them in order that Sky and RL came in. He may alternate the priorities so RLs and Skies get ordered alternately.

I would imagine since there is a limited amount of Redlines, that dealers may not want to wait to fill there Sky orders before getting Redlines.

Maybe someone else knows for certain.*

* As always the accuracy of my information is directly related to the degree which my spinchter muscle is contracting and the amount of (or lack of) blood flow to my brain it allows!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts