Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with deep sadness we note the passing of OUR FRIEND SKIP...he passed away yesterday January 11, 2012. He was 61 years of age.

Sympathy cards can be addressed to his daughter: Kelly Cothran
395 Oakland Rd
Madison, Alabama 35758

For those that knew the SKIPSTER....he was a gentle man. Made us smile and never had a bad word to say about any member...He was an original owner of the SKY...and was forced to sell his car due to the economy. He loved his car as many of us do. This forum is LESS now that he is gone.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
OMG, no way. Just the other day he posted in the other thread about how his health has declined. What a shock. I pray that the peace of the Lord may fall over his family during this time.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Completely agree MM. He never said a bad thing about anyone. And from the stories I heard, directly from him and indirectly from others, he'd give away everything to help people even though he himself needed it.

I'll miss him.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
We love and miss him dearly. We always stopped by everytime we passed through to just say hello. I know I will never want to open the homemade strawberry wine I got from him now. Love you and miss you! Bill and Aubrey

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I never met Skip in person, but had a few years to know him on the boards, and feel richer having known him so. Rest in peace my friend.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
He did, but this is for real. His condition made his sense of humor pretty morbid sometimes. He knew this was coming one day and was determined to enjoy himself as much as he could during the time he had left.

Skip, I'll miss you. :(

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Our beloved Skip will be missed.
It is with tears I say RIP darlin' Skip.​

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm so very sad about hearing this news. Skip was one of a kind, a true southern gentleman who looked after the ladies. He did indeed know that his time was coming due to the condition of his lungs, he just didn't know when.

We shared good times, bottles of blueberry wine and Jack. It's time to find all the pictures... this is him at Nashville in 2007. He was the first to cross over the line. <3

Skip, may you rest in the fullness of love. xoxoxo

Skip by sollipics, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Earl and I are so sorry to hear this. We greatly enjoyed meeting Skip in person at the last Mecca. I will miss his observations on the forum.
RIP Skip.

Lori

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Skip in Nashville. He will be greatly missed by the Kappa Community. RIP Skip. :angel:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm not being a smartass as this is a genuine question: Didn't he fake his death last year?

I'm not trying to make a karma inducing post. I'm asking because I'm trying to find the truth.

Link: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f18/my-dad-has-died-37910/

Did he really pass or is this another joke?
I wouldn't be posting here if it wasn't real. His daughter called a few of us personally. This is no joke.

Here is a link to the funeral home. The obituary is on their website as well as a guestbook for those who would like to sign it.

Valhalla Funeral Home and Memory Gardens and Faith Memorial Park Huntsville, AL

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Holy crap I remember the thread asking about where he was... RIP

·
Registered
900 Posts
Rest in Peace my Sky friend!!

Jeff

·
Registered
474 Posts
God's blessings Skip as you now breath the scent of heaven!

I too had the pleasure of meeting this Southern gentleman at the meet in Nashville and have never seen a more polite, kind, very intelligent, and respectful person anywhere. The persona he had here was one that somewhat hid the true man that he was.

Comfort and peace to the family.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts