·
Registered
56 Posts
To smoother roads ahead.
Bye Skip.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I never got to know him other than in this forum. As I get older and my friends get older, the concept of death become more real. It appears that Skip knew it was coming and faced it as positively as he could. I only hope that I can maintain that dignity and strength when my time comes.

When I was younger, one of the local hot rod enthusiast past. On the day of his funeral, anyone in the area with a hot rod showed up at the funeral with their cars highly polished and in full hot rod form. There were even some track only cars. I just mention this, because I think if we were all living closer together, there would have been a two mile long trail of Kappas at Skip's funeral.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Well I am very saddened by this. I liked Skps posts and will sorely miss him. I have not been here for a while and am just now seeing this. It's even harder as it's my birthday and he was our birthday greeter. Just one more bad thing for a really bad birthday. I live in a rural area hat gets hit hard by winter storms. We have had several big ones right in a row. No power since Wednesday. Won't be back for several days. All kinds of storm damage on my property. And now I see we have lost one of my favorite members on this forum. Rest in peace Skip. I will miss you. This forum will not be the same without you.:angel::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Bon chance on your next voyage Skip! I'll miss your avatar pics, witty posts, and your wicked funny April Fools pranks.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I for one will also miss the banter between Skip and MM over . . just about anything from white wall tires to the status of Skip's landscaping.:boxing::sorry:

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I think you will enjoy this little tidbit

If you all remember the Tornado's that went through Alabama with such distruction...well during the Funeral last week the Minister was talking about that and about the tree that came down in front of Skip's front door. It was storming out still, thunder and lightning but there go's Skip out the front door with a chain saw to cut down sections of the tree that was laying on his house. Everyone was arguing with him to get inside and that he could be hit by lightning but he just kept saying NO way..not time yet...gotta get this tree out of here...he argued with everyone cause he KNEW how it should be done...even if he did it wrong....the family just shook thier heads at that cause they knew it to be so true...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
273 Posts
He will be surely missed I am just happy to have met Skip at the Mecca tour. I hope he is finally at peace and driving his sky in the sky:thumbs:. Stretch

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I received the nicest note via snail mail from Skip's daughter today. It appears that good hearts run in that family...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I can see ya tearing up the roads up there in heaven Skip:angel:

RIP................. I will miss your posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Rest in peace

My condolences to all, skip was great guy. Have not been on the forum in awhile, but I always enjoyed his posts & comments.

Rest In Peace Skip.......

·
Registered
259 Posts
:cheers: Here's to you SKIP. It was a pleasure reading your posts and Birthday greetings to everyone here. You are greatly missed already but we know you are at peace and at rest now. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I haven't been here for awhile but log on occasionally just to see how Skip is doing. I'm very sorry for your loss John and to all of his friends on the forum. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
728 Posts
One of the Carolina boys here with that for real deep southern draw. Skips humor with his working of our southern lingo always tickled the mess out of me and I enjoyed reading his post. Even learned a few new words from him and drive those boys crazy on the boating forums with them.. Was all to easy to see you guys were his comfort and he looked so forward to talking on this forum. He could talk some smack but you could see the kind behind the laugh i'm sure he was having with the new guys. He really enjoyed himself. Rest easy old guy.. :cool:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Hey Skip!!

Gonna do another drive with you in mind this Sunday buddy!! I know you're doing well. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
I have not been on the forum in the last year, but a handful of times. I cannot believe I missed this. R.I.P. Skip. He was a really nice guy, just one of the guys. Very sad, but I know now he is REALLY DRIVING IN THE SKY!! God Bless SKIP. :angel:

Just remember, for anyone going to make a comment about the fact I did not know, many of you have my number. Marlboro Mike, I talked to you a bunch of times.....you never told me! :nono::skep::jester:

·
Registered
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I have not been on the forum in the last year, but a handful of times. I cannot believe I missed this. R.I.P. Skip. He was a really nice guy, just one of the guys. Very sad, but I know now he is REALLY DRIVING IN THE SKY!! God Bless SKIP. :angel:

Just remember, for anyone going to make a comment about the fact I did not know, many of you have my number. Marlboro Mike, I talked to you a bunch of times.....you never told me! :nono::skep::jester:
What Am I..the GRIM REAPER!

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Well . . .

You can be grim . . .

And you have reaped more than one junior member . . .

But, no, the GR would not have whitewalls.:jester::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
"It's a Mr. Death or something. He's come about the reaping. I don't think we need any..."

Mike looks good in black (see below). And as always, CHEERS to Skip. I just cracked open a bottle of 18 year Glenfiddich in his honor!

61 - 80 of 106 Posts