Saturn Sky Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
What Am I..the GRIM REAPER!
:lol::lol: That would depend on who you ask!! :lol::lol:

You know I am just breakin' your horns! :cheers:

It is sad, he was so connected to us all for 4 solid years. He was a peace keeper, greeter, Birthday Wisher, spirit lifter, joker, and most of all A ROAD KILL EATER!! :skep: We will not forget you opossum hunter in the SKY!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
To Skip! Longtime birthday greeter, self-proclaimed site resident *******, and finder of amusing bunny avatars.

:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
My life has taken me away from this forum in recent years, but I have been thinking about SKIP a lot of late. I still have SPIRIT in California, and BABY is still on vacation with my sister in Florida.

I have been called to attend a week-long class at Maxwell AFB in Alabama, so I am flying into Orlando, picking up BABY, and will be cruising through Alabama with my lovely bride. I had hoped to be able to swing by and see SKIP - a true friend that I have never met - and came here specifically to look him up.

SKIP, sorry we didn't connect during your time on this Earth, but know that I will be thinking of you as I drive through your great state of Alabama.

Here's to hoping that we can meet in that great SKY in the sky.

-- John D. --

·
Super Moderator
11,672 Posts
John, like you I've been gone for a while and just recently got back here as I am getting another Sky.

I remember Skip from those early days and how he always had a pearl of ******* wisdom for us. He was a good guy and while I never got to meet him here, perhaps one day I'll get to on the other side.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I can't believe he's been gone 3 years. It doesn't seem so long ago, yet it does.
No one to keep MB and MM in line anymore. :(

I miss seeing the ever changing Oolong.

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I bet if Skipster was alive today...he would not be on Facebook..UGH. All the original members are gone....so sad.

Where is the JACK. He could finish off a bottle by himself in one sitting.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I bet if Skipster was alive today...he would not be on Facebook..UGH. All the original members are gone....so sad.

Oh I bet he would be on there MM. You know he was on MySpace back in the day!

He would be here and there and if he wasn't playing Resident Rednck, he'd be calling your tail up in the middle of the night to tell you to go easier on the noobs...and not to be so grumpy in general! :)
Although I did like your last stir it up thread. You did alright with that one!

·
7,078 Posts

I tried AGAIN to make it on facebook just last week or so, just can't take it... :barf:
Their is absolutely NOTHING going on as far as the Saturn SKY. Yes they have their Kappa groups and everything but for Kappa information, NOTHING.
You inform your facebook friends that you have a problem with your SKY heating system, they will send you a cooking recipe or a video link of a polo bear eating ice..... :willy:

I would agree, Skip would not be interchanging ideas or stupidity on Facebook.... :nono:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I tried AGAIN to make it on facebook just last week or so, just can't take it... :barf:
Their is absolutely NOTHING going on as far as the Saturn SKY. Yes they have their Kappa groups and everything but for Kappa information, NOTHING.
You inform your facebook friends that you have a problem with your SKY heating system, they will send you a cooking recipe or a video link of a polo bear eating ice..... :willy:

I would agree, Skip would not be interchanging ideas or stupidity on Facebook.... :nono:
I'm not sure which pages you were on, but a few of us helped answer some HP questions and others were helping with water pump issues today.

I had another guy tell me I was nuts for saying there are 2 different Solstice license plate brackets and he couldn't understand why his front bumper had holes in it. I had to pull up listings showing the bracket with the holes so he would finally figure out the dealer didn't put the holes in there for the hell of it.

It's mainly a lot of question and answer stuff like on here, but there are a few who are doing builds who aren't on here and they are providing some information.

Anyway, I'd disagree. Skip liked people too much. He would be there just as he was active on MySpace. Just like he sent out a ton of emails almost every day. He would be posting his crazy banter on there and fooling the whole place with some April Fool's joke! :devil:

·
7,078 Posts
I'm not sure which pages you were on, but a few of us helped answer some HP questions and others were helping with water pump issues today.

I had another guy tell me I was nuts for saying there are 2 different Solstice license plate brackets and he couldn't understand why his front bumper had holes in it. I had to pull up listings showing the bracket with the holes so he would finally figure out the dealer didn't put the holes in there for the hell of it.

It's mainly a lot of question and answer stuff like on here, but there are a few who are doing builds who aren't on here and they are providing some information.

Anyway, I'd disagree. Skip liked people too much. He would be there just as he was active on MySpace. Just like he sent out a ton of emails almost every day. He would be posting his crazy banter on there and fooling the whole place with some April Fool's joke! :devil:
Went back to check to see what you were talking about (pages). I notice I had in a section of facebook different clubs that I has subscribe to. I then click on them and Yes, that's what I wanted to see, "Kappa Discussions".
I not that well oriented with facebook and all I was getting was updates on my phone from friends. The updates were about someone updating their profile or posting some (No in my interest) pictures...

[OK] My :thumbs: for Kappa Facebook... lol

·
Super Moderator
11,672 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Facebook for information like that because it's hard to bring up archive information. Here, I can do a search for whatever I am looking for info on and if it's here, I can find it and usually get my answer right then. Facebook...well unless it's happened in the last day or so good luck finding the information.

·
7,078 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Facebook for information like that because it's hard to bring up archive information. Here, I can do a search for whatever I am looking for info on and if it's here, I can find it and usually get my answer right then. Facebook...well unless it's happened in the last day or so good luck finding the information.
Yes you are correct, but, seems to be more Kappa action there. Its not a place to look for information as you pointed out in your post.. Out side of the Kappa Club sections it seems to be a waste of time..

I posted an Avatar of my car with a girl in a swimming suit washing my car here on SkyRoadster.com a few years ago. One of the female members got upset and PM me to remove my avatar because it was downgrading women. I did removed the Avatar right away. That was that for a few years until the other day when I saw this same lady post on Facebook a picture with some type of sexual comment..:smash:
Go figure, you see females dress in swimming suits like the avatar I had in every freaking beach!
Going to look for that Avatar and see if I still have it and post it again as an avatar.... :cool:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yes you are correct, but, seems to be more Kappa action there. Its not a place to look for information as you pointed out in your post.. Out side of the Kappa Club sections it seems to be a waste of time..

I posted an Avatar of my car with a girl in a swimming suit washing my car here on SkyRoadster.com a few years ago. One of the female members got upset and PM me to remove my avatar because it was downgrading women. I did removed the Avatar right away. That was that for a few years until the other day when I saw this same lady post on Facebook a picture with some type of sexual comment..:smash:
Go figure, you see females dress in swimming suits like the avatar I had in every freaking beach!
Going to look for that Avatar and see if I still have it and post it again as an avatar.... :cool:
Yeah. There is more action there. There are about 8 or 9 groups that are pretty active that are general Kappa groups. Some more than others. This doesn't include all the local club groups. A lot of the same questions as here, but then you have a few more people duing builds and a lot more posting pictures, etc. Like Coop for example. His V8 build was mainly on FB and not here. More national meet discussion there for sure. It seems like a larger base of owners there than are on the forums anymore.

I do agree about the searches. Unless you hashtag something (which I can't stand), it's very difficult to search for things.

That's funny about the complaint on your Avatar Vic. There is a bunch of drama right now in one of the groups. Someone made a joking comparison of our water pumps that wasn't in the best of taste and some people are going nuts about it. Some groups are more strict than others regarding what they will tolerate. The for sale site was only items for sale, but I see it drifts more now. It's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get! :willy:

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
It's too crowded for me...everyone wants to be my friend. Strangers want to be my friend...it is crazy. Too many buttons to push to find a way....I am not a social person. Forget social media.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.