Saturn Sky Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Diana - I was and still am lost in the Facebook world.
Beginning to like it more and more each time I visit.. :)
I like it mainly because I can keep up with my friends, family, and car friends all in one place. If I need people back home to keep an eye on my dad, I can post a message and I know at least a handful of people living near him will see it. I chat more with my cousins now than I ever have and actually meet up with them when I'm home. We hadn't done that since my grandma passed away in 1999. I plan an annual reunion with some of the girls from my high school. A few of us hadn't seen each other in 20 years! We had our 3rd one last month.

But I'm social. It's definitely not for everyone and like any other place on the internet, if you post something, it's etched in internet land for someone to drag up at some point. Usually I post my silly, random crap and it's no problem. I haven't filled out my current workplace for a reason and I am vague about exactly who I work for. Not that it protects me by any means should I be stupid enough to post something my company would dislike, but it gives me a little separation between my employer and me. Most of my information and posts are not public. Sometimes, even people I know aren't able to send me a friend request! And I have fully blocked a few people where they can't even tell I exist and I can't see them either. Very few people I cut out of my life, but there are a few that overstayed their welcome and needed to go!

·
7,014 Posts
I like it mainly because I can keep up with my friends, family, and car friends all in one place. If I need people back home to keep an eye on my dad, I can post a message and I know at least a handful of people living near him will see it. I chat more with my cousins now than I ever have and actually meet up with them when I'm home. We hadn't done that since my grandma passed away in 1999. I plan an annual reunion with some of the girls from my high school. A few of us hadn't seen each other in 20 years! We had our 3rd one last month.

But I'm social. It's definitely not for everyone and like any other place on the internet, if you post something, it's etched in internet land for someone to drag up at some point. Usually I post my silly, random crap and it's no problem. I haven't filled out my current workplace for a reason and I am vague about exactly who I work for. Not that it protects me by any means should I be stupid enough to post something my company would dislike, but it gives me a little separation between my employer and me. Most of my information and posts are not public. Sometimes, even people I know aren't able to send me a friend request! And I have fully blocked a few people where they can't even tell I exist and I can't see them either. Very few people I cut out of my life, but there are a few that overstayed their welcome and needed to go!
I notice a lot of the guys that use to hang out here are now there. I thought some of them has sold their cars but they are still with them...
Also notice lots of pictures with VDI doors on Kappa's didn't think their were that many! :lol:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Facebook is very useful for keeping up with friends and family that you would otherwise have to wait until ___ visit to catch up.

For me, it's been SUPER useful to keep up with military friends all over the world who I would otherwise not ever see again. In all honesty... I was about to say "would otherwise not see for years", but when someone changes residences every 2-3 years... :rolleyes:

Also... It's been quite nice to be able to see my niece and nephew growing up (east coast/west coast = far too few trips home).

I have very strong feelings that Skip would be active there for the social aspects and still on here for the knowledge base.

I miss Skip and his humor. :jester::crazy:

101 - 106 of 106 Posts