Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're an automotive aftermarket company in the D.C./Baltimore area looking for owners interested in loaning their Saturn Sky Redline for product development. Our shop is located in Beltsville, MD. and all our products are designed and manufactured here, in-house. We've got a couple CNC vertical mills, one CNC lathe, an automated welding robot, and a brand new mandrel bender, so prototyping parts is typically a quick and painless procedure.

"What's in it for me," you ask? If we prototype a product on your car, then we'll give you the final production version for free! We'd like to design a cold air kit, turboback exhaust, and a front mount intercooler upgrade kit, with other products to follow if the market exists.

I'd like to respect the moderators wishes by not stating our company information in this thread as we are not an official sponsor of the site. We are however, very well known in certain communities and are respected for our high quality parts and warm customer service. So, if you are interested in more information, please PM or email me and I'll give you more detail about our company. I'd also be happy to discuss any concerns or questions that you may have.

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a precaution

I dont want to impugn upon anyone's reputation, and certainly not that of the original poster to this thread....BUT...be careful...

1) your car and keys are in the hands of "said" researcher/developer
2) Lojack or whatever you might have can be tampered with during process.
3) Ever see "Gone in 60 seconds" ? Your car could be gone in less.

Now...explain to your insurance how the car was stolen...after you handed a stranger your keys...

Be very careful...nothing in life is free...and most scams start with a free offer.

Hope I am dead wrong about this one...but...when there's a new fad/craze..etc....crooks and scams come out from all corners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to impugn upon anyone's reputation, and certainly not that of the original poster to this thread....BUT...be careful...

1) your car and keys are in the hands of "said" researcher/developer
2) Lojack or whatever you might have can be tampered with during process.
3) Ever see "Gone in 60 seconds" ? Your car could be gone in less.

Now...explain to your insurance how the car was stolen...after you handed a stranger your keys...

Be very careful...nothing in life is free...and most scams start with a free offer.

Hope I am dead wrong about this one...but...when there's a new fad/craze..etc....crooks and scams come out from all corners.
I posted a similar thread on Solsticeforums and have gotten a good response from folks. We'd like to make products for both the Solstice and the Sky, but we haven't gotten any takers from Sky owners. We're prepared to make products for the Solstice only, but we'd like to offer products for both markets. Getting a hold of a Sky is, well, difficult. We tried to buy one, but were told not until Spring at best! So, we thought we'd ask the general public if anyone wants some free stuff in return for loaning us their car. It's a win-win, and it's worked well in the past in other markets.

Actually, during another project we had a guy drive his car from Chicago, droped it off at our shop, flew home, and then flew back to pick it up!

Anyhow, the people that did go ahead and contact me from the Solstice boards received information about our company, our past products (and their success), and links to other messageboards with real people and their pictures/reviews of our products. I also extended an invitation for each person to come out and visit our shop before any work begins, so they can see that we're just a bunch of hard working, automotive enthusiasts...and that's all. :D

You'll also be pleased to know that anyone who brings their car here for work signs a legal document stating that the car will be returned in exactly the same condition as when it was brought in. The same scenario you'd encounter with your everyday auto mechanic.

Now, like I said in my first post, I was asked by the moderators not to post any company info on the boards, so I'm going to stick to that. But I ask that if anyone is interested in more information about our company, please PM or email me and I'll be happy to let you know all about us. :thumbs:

·
Registered
82 Posts
checks out fine

This poster has an excellent reputation in the aftermarket industry and has the highest reputation. I would not hesitste to deal with them and would in fact feel fortunate.-bird

1 - 4 of 4 Posts