Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a little info I copied from www.gmlaunch.com

I'm not sure how much of this is repeated info but just in case there was smoething there we didn't know... :willy:

The SKY roadster was inspired by the Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept -- created at GM's Advanced Design Studio in Birmingham , England -- signaling the adoption of an international design language for Saturn. With its dynamic design and quick and agile performance, the SKY roadster delivers a bold message about the next generation of vehicles from Saturn.

Engine and Transmission

Engine
2.4-liter, 16-valve, inline-4 Ecotec™ with Variable Valve Timing

Horsepower
170 @ 6,400 rpm

Torque
162 @ 4,800 rpm

Transmission
5-speed manual with short-throw shifter and self-adjusting clutch
Available electronically controlled 5-speed automatic

Chassis

Drivetrain
Front engine/rear wheel drive
Available torque-sensing limited-slip differential

Body Construction
Lower dominant, integral hydroformed tube and stamped steel structure

Suspension
Four-wheel independent SLA with coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks
Front and rear hollow stabilizer bars with ball-joint links

Brakes
Four-wheel disc with ABS

Wheels/Tires
18-inch flangeless alloy wheels equipped with Goodyear P245/45 R18 performance tires

Weight and Dimensions

Curb Weight
2,860 lbs.

Weight distribution
52/48 %

Length
161.1 in.

Wheelbase
95.1 in.

Track (front/rear)
60.5 in./61.2 in.

Width
71.4 in.

Height
50.1 in.

Comfort and Convenience

Cloth convertible top with defroster-equipped glass rear window
Air conditioning
Power windows, door locks and exterior mirrors
Extended-range remote keyless entry
Cruise control
CD player with AM/FM stereo and six speakers
Available six-disc, in-dash CD/MP3 player with seven-speaker Monsoon® audio system
Available XM® Satellite Radio1
Available Leather Appointments

Safety

OnStar® System with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan2
Dual-stage front air bags with Passenger Sensing System3
Three-point safety belts with pretensioners and energy-absorbing retractors
Engine-immobilizing theft-deterrent feature
Automatic projector-beam halogen headlamps
Projector-beam halogen foglamps

1 Service fees apply. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States. Visit www.gm.xmradio.com for system details.
2 Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit www.onstar.com for system limitations and details.
3 Always use safety belts and proper child restraints. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active air bag. See your vehicle Owner's Handbook and child-safety seat instructions for more information.

Sorry if it is a repost. :confused:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the info but I think that stuff has been around for a while. What else is there? Are we able to register our order on that site?

I'd like the same car but I will settle for the non redline version if I have to. I can't wait an additional 8-10 months for a Redline.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the website where dealers go to register their SKY deposits and the pre-orders. That's where they also get the newest info released by GM. You have to have the Facility's BAC code to get in. :banghead:

Regards,

·
Registered
295 Posts
From the SKY early registration info for Saturn employees:

Please Note: By enrolling in the SKY Early Registration Program, the customer is under no
obligation to purchase a vehicle. By enrolling the customer in the SKY Early Registration Program,
Saturn is under no obligation to produce or reserve a vehicle for that customer.

The customers I have registered should get SKY goodies and information. Each facility may be different in how they are handling SKY registration, deposits, etc. I have a SKY list, and have taken deposits, and registered customers. You do NOT have to give me a deposit for me to register you. See your local Saturn facility for details, or PM me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Saturn Sales said:

Please Note: By enrolling in the SKY Early Registration Program, the customer is under no
obligation to purchase a vehicle. By enrolling the customer in the SKY Early Registration Program,
Saturn is under no obligation to produce or reserve a vehicle for that customer.

The customers I have registered should get SKY goodies and information. Each facility may be different in how they are handling SKY registration, deposits, etc. I have a SKY list, and have taken deposits, and registered customers. You do NOT have to give me a deposit for me to register you. See your local Saturn facility for details, or PM me.

Cheers!
I'll ask you this since you seem to be a dealer. If a dealer took my name and phone number they could have pre-registered me, correct?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Saturn Sales said:

Cheers!
I also have a question for you: I spoke to my sales guy and he said that I don't have to be on that GM launch. He says that will not matter, what matters will be the order of the deposits with the dealership. Does this sound right or should I try to get on that GMLAUNCH site.
:willy:

·
Registered
554 Posts
The GMlaunch.com site is just a tool for GM to gauge interest and pre-orders for the Sky. It will help them set production schedules and ordering of supplies.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DuSpinnst said:
I'll ask you this since you seem to be a dealer. If a dealer took my name and phone number they could have pre-registered me, correct?
They need an e-mail address to register you, but they may have used the salesperson's e-mail to do that if they didn't have yours at the time of registration. :banghead:

As Delnari said "The GMlaunch.com site is just a tool for GM to gauge interest and pre-orders for the Sky. It will help them set production schedules and ordering of supplies." Also they use this registration to send you SKY stuff (Calendar, Posters, T-Shirts, etc.) You DO NOT have to be registered here to be on the list to get your SKY, is just in the best interest of all to be registered as far as GM is concerned to gauge wants and needs before the initial launch. :willy:

This is something the dealer ONLY can do, there is no access to the general public to the specific Saturn Sky info on that site without having the facility's BAC Code. :cool:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
is it a big deal that I came across a BAC code?

·
Registered
295 Posts
YES! It is a VERY big deal that you got a BAC code. Please do not give it out and possibly get your local facility in hot water. I am going by the SKY list I have taken at my dealership. But as Del said, if you are serious about getting a SKY, then by all means visit your local facility and sign up. If anyone is near Cary, NC I want to sign as many people up as possible, so please let me know. I have done a few over the phone which works for me. Del? You signed up yet? :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh man! you know I'm all over that. I have the sexiest salesperson at my dealership. Maybe we can get Saturn to do a 2006 calendar featuring the ladies of Saturn. Ahhh, just like the car calendars of yester-year! :cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
They need an e-mail address to register you, but they may have used the salesperson's e-mail to do that if they didn't have yours at the time of registration. :banghead:

As Delnari said "The GMlaunch.com site is just a tool for GM to gauge interest and pre-orders for the Sky. It will help them set production schedules and ordering of supplies." Also they use this registration to send you SKY stuff (Calendar, Posters, T-Shirts, etc.) You DO NOT have to be registered here to be on the list to get your SKY, is just in the best interest of all to be registered as far as GM is concerned to gauge wants and needs before the initial launch. :willy:

This is something the dealer ONLY can do, there is no access to the general public to the specific Saturn Sky info on that site without having the facility's BAC Code. :cool:

Regards,

Cool, I had e-mailed them to get added to the list so they obviously have my e-mail!

·
Registered
623 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
I also have a question for you: I spoke to my sales guy and he said that I don't have to be on that GM launch. He says that will not matter, what matters will be the order of the deposits with the dealership. Does this sound right or should I try to get on that GMLAUNCH site.
:willy:
I think the dealer lists are just for the dealers reference. Until we order our cars there is no guarantee that we will get one.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
YES! It is a VERY big deal that you got a BAC code. Please do not give it out and possibly get your local facility in hot water. I am going by the SKY list I have taken at my dealership. But as Del said, if you are serious about getting a SKY, then by all means visit your local facility and sign up. If anyone is near Cary, NC I want to sign as many people up as possible, so please let me know. I have done a few over the phone which works for me. Del? You signed up yet? :D
The BAC code is not my local dealers but don't worry, I have no intention of giving it out. I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Here is a little info I copied from www.gmlaunch.com

I'm not sure how much of this is repeated info but just in case there was smoething there we didn't know... :willy:

The SKY roadster was inspired by the Vauxhall VX Lightning Concept -- created at GM's Advanced Design Studio in Birmingham , England -- signaling the adoption of an international design language for Saturn. With its dynamic design and quick and agile performance, the SKY roadster delivers a bold message about the next generation of vehicles from Saturn.

Engine and Transmission

Engine
2.4-liter, 16-valve, inline-4 Ecotec™ with Variable Valve Timing

Horsepower
170 @ 6,400 rpm

Torque
162 @ 4,800 rpm

Transmission
5-speed manual with short-throw shifter and self-adjusting clutch
Available electronically controlled 5-speed automatic

Chassis

Drivetrain
Front engine/rear wheel drive
Available torque-sensing limited-slip differential

Body Construction
Lower dominant, integral hydroformed tube and stamped steel structure

Suspension
Four-wheel independent SLA with coil-over Bilstein monotube shocks
Front and rear hollow stabilizer bars with ball-joint links

Brakes
Four-wheel disc with ABS

Wheels/Tires
18-inch flangeless alloy wheels equipped with Goodyear P245/45 R18 performance tires

Weight and Dimensions

Curb Weight
2,860 lbs.

Weight distribution
52/48 %

Length
161.1 in.

Wheelbase
95.1 in.

Track (front/rear)
60.5 in./61.2 in.

Width
71.4 in.

Height
50.1 in.

Comfort and Convenience

Cloth convertible top with defroster-equipped glass rear window
Air conditioning
Power windows, door locks and exterior mirrors
Extended-range remote keyless entry
Cruise control
CD player with AM/FM stereo and six speakers
Available six-disc, in-dash CD/MP3 player with seven-speaker Monsoon® audio system
Available XM® Satellite Radio1
Available Leather Appointments

Safety

OnStar® System with one-year Safe & Sound Service Plan2
Dual-stage front air bags with Passenger Sensing System3
Three-point safety belts with pretensioners and energy-absorbing retractors
Engine-immobilizing theft-deterrent feature
Automatic projector-beam halogen headlamps
Projector-beam halogen foglamps

1 Service fees apply. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States. Visit www.gm.xmradio.com for system details.
2 Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit www.onstar.com for system limitations and details.
3 Always use safety belts and proper child restraints. Even in vehicles equipped with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active air bag. See your vehicle Owner's Handbook and child-safety seat instructions for more information.

Sorry if it is a repost. :confused:

Regards,

ALL THE "GOODIES"!:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I went to my Sales Manager and he was more than helpful in getting me on the Early Resitration Program. He verified my info and double checked the system afterword. If you ask the right questions - like those found here- you'll get the right answers. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I eagerly await the day my sales representative has more information than I have. That will mean that the information on the lauch page has been updated.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not neccessarily...we get info from our managers, who get it from our owners, who get it from our factory reps...you get the picture. We used to see the actual vehicles before we got them in. We would go to Ride and Drives for training and all. Now, we get videos, workbooks, and comparisions, etc. Then they send the trainers to us after we have had the vehicles for awhile. And in addition, there is online GM training that I have to do. They try and keep us very well developed as sales consultants. After all, we have a great reputation to uphold!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Not neccessarily...we get info from our managers, who get it from our owners, who get it from our factory reps...you get the picture. We used to see the actual vehicles before we got them in. We would go to Ride and Drives for training and all. Now, we get videos, workbooks, and comparisions, etc. Then they send the trainers to us after we have had the vehicles for awhile. And in addition, there is online GM training that I have to do. They try and keep us very well developed as sales consultants. After all, we have a great reputation to uphold!!
Some Pontiac dealerships are getting to do the SOlstice Ride and Drive before they get cars. However some of the more southern states wont get thier Ride and Drives till Sept/Oct after a small number of cars have arrived.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts