Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to franckc5r this info was posted on the solstice forum

GXP Production Info -THE ANSWER Also all Turbos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with the chief engineer for the Solstice GXP and he confirmed that production has been stopped for somewhat over a week
for a fix related to a problem discovered during the big storms on the
east coast. He asked me not to state the exact nature of the problem
but I can say the previous reports related to water are close. The problem
caused rough running for a short period and could set codes. Never caused
a stall or other serious problem. To GM's credit, he said they felt it best,
so they could have the best quality, to stop production, enginner a fix, then
resume production. He says GXP production should restart very early in
Oct.

The rear spoiler issue may be resolved soon too.

Based on this info, it does make sense that some of our orders have gone
backwards from 3100 to 3000 till production restarts.

This info is solid- no question on whether it is correct- actual dates may
vary a little depending on any supply issues.

frankc5r

·
Registered
877 Posts
The rear spoiler issue may be resolved soon too. If you don't mind what issue are you refering to. thanks
I think that is with the GXP only

·
Registered
122 Posts
rain? whats that :cheers:

this is what I heard as well. I asked some questions when at least one of my RL customers went backwards in event codes (though change history/event history stays the same on dealerworld)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hmmmm.......well..........this can be good and bad depending on how you look at it. Sucks that all GXP and R/L will be on hault for a bit. I'd rather them spend the time and fix it too. BUT.......I'm making assumptions here....they'll put more effort into fixing the turbo/water problem than the GXP spoiler, considering it would only affect the GXP, not both. If I were them, i'd rather fix the turbo first, and produce at least one version while the other was being attended to.

Now of course, the spoiler seems to be the easier fix, so this may not even be the case. I'm just thinking out loud here. In the absense of GXP or R/L from production, all those who ordered base Sol/Sky should have their order moving ahead pretty quickly, since they'll now longer have to compete with the GXP or R/L in production.

Either way.......sucks to be waiting for GXP or R/L and really good if you're waiting for Sol or SKy.

Nice to have official info though:thumbs:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks to franckc5r this info was posted on the solstice forum

GXP Production Info -THE ANSWER Also all Turbos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with the chief engineer for the Solstice GXP and he confirmed that production has been stopped for somewhat over a week
for a fix related to a problem discovered during the big storms on the
east coast.
Based on this info, it does make sense that some of our orders have gone
backwards from 3100 to 3000 till production restarts.

This info is solid- no question on whether it is correct- actual dates may
vary a little depending on any supply issues.

frankc5r
Once again you guys provide priceless info. My dealer called two weeks ago to say my R/L was being built and should be ready in OCT. So I called yesterday to ask if it would be middle or late Oct? Afterall who in this group would expect Oct means early Oct?

Dealer said she would check with owner and get back. She calls today to say the codes are all wacky and she swears mine went back to 3000.

So I turn to the forum and in all great wisdom the explanation appears.

Thanx!

·
Registered
514 Posts
The rear spoiler issue may be resolved soon too. If you don't mind what issue are you refering to. thanks
I heard 2 problems with the GXP/Redline Turbos at this point. One is water ingestion through the intercooler, the 2nd is the engine runs very rich, enough to cause black soot on the exhaust tips.

Water in your engine is not good, the rich condition could easily be fixed with a bigger turbo :cool: j/k

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I heard 2 problems with the GXP/Redline Turbos at this point. One is water ingestion through the intercooler, the 2nd is the engine runs very rich, enough to cause black soot on the exhaust tips.

Water in your engine is not good, the rich condition could easily be fixed with a bigger turbo :cool: j/k

Nothing has ever been said about the GXP's running rich. I know it was said by pitcom about the Red Lines.

They have been talking about the mist with the GXP's for awhile now. Thats why so many Red Lines got produced but the GXP's weren't getting produced. But they didn't think it was happening with the Red Lines, but I guess it was and didn't notice it. I know they designed a seal for under the hood for the GXP's thinking this would correct the problem but I guess it didn't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts