Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Saturn Sales and I went for ride in a new Sky this afternoon. It was 65 and sunny, perfect for a top down ride.

First impression, the interior is of a very low grade plastic. It's not even soft to the touch :confused: The hood release is very well hidden under the dash on the drivers side. It might be my imagination, but the trunk space seems deeper. Jill put her set of golf clubs in for a trial fit, and fit they did! :willy: The OnStar antenna sticks out like a sore thumb on the rear deck lid. The body sits too high off the wheels, needs to be lowered a inch.

What I did like, the automatic has great get and go! Very nice! The automatic has metal petals on the Premium trim package! :cool: The shift knob has a very nice feel. The interior feels like it has more room than the Solstice though it shouldn't be, but it does. The inside hood heat protector has the word "SKY" impressed in it, nice! Steering is tight and good, just like the Solstice.

I will try and post pics a little later.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Delnari said:
...First impression, the interior is of a very low grade plastic. It's not even soft to the touch ....
So is the MX-5, but people seem to like to ignore that...

Glad you got to drive one. :thumbs:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have to agree with Kappa, the Miata interior this go around was covered from stem to stern with plastics in a very unattractive way. Atleast the Sky has an attractive interior.....I was hoping the interior plastics would be more impressive then the prototypes though...seems this isn't true based on Delnari's first impression. This was my first impression upon seeing the prototype. We can work with'em though....alittle 2001 interior protectant (I don't use armorall because it make the interior fade) and the plastic will be fine.:thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Del made the comment that the dash on the SKY shoud be more like the one in my VUE. More supple and leather like...less plastic-ey. And I have to agree. The "Pro-Vinyl" on the VUE and Relay is very nice quality. Looks and feels like leather to me...
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is it the OnStar antenna or the XM antenna that sticks out on the decklid?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
NC Sky said:
Is it the OnStar antenna or the XM antenna that sticks out on the decklid?
I think they are shared... and in such, is bigger.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I went to my Saturn dealer today to drive in the 2007 Sky demo that came in. I have to agree that the interior plastics look low grade and when I opened the glove box it felt loose and "chincy". Also there is NO power lock buttons? The radio sounds awesome and the car rides great. Everything else about the car I like with the exception of the antenna which I will probably convert to power and I am going to purchase the Lexan windscreen from the Kappa site. To make a car this good affordable they have to cut corners I guess but overall I am very excited about getting my silver pearl Sky!! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
I think they are shared... and in such, is bigger.
What kind of antenna is there if you don't have XM? Is it just the regular radio antenna? Do you still get OnStar?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
NC Sky said:
What kind of antenna is there if you don't have XM? Is it just the regular radio antenna? Do you still get OnStar?
OnStar is standard...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts