Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robo and I have talked about forming our own little group, to do weekend runs/car shows and cruise nights.

Would still be involved with the San Diego group, and try to schedule events closer to home.

Anyone interested please PM me or Robo.

Thoughts, questions and hopefully answer in this thread.

I think we have more than enough to have some fun, but not have giant runs that just have too many cars.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I'm interested!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I think we have more than enough to have some fun, but not have giant runs that just have too many cars.
You understand that the Palm Springs run and the Chase the Sun Run were probably two of the larger runs last year? LOL

Which reminds me. I need to get the route together for this year's Chase the Sun Run. Mental note after the holidays.

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I am referring to is, most of the San Diego run are in that area. Too much of a drive to do a Sunday run. I have backed out of most of them due to that reason. By the time we drive to San Diego on Sunday morning, do the run and drive home, we are close to or just over 400 miles.

I would prefer doing something around Temecula, Mount Baldi, Big Bear, Joshua Tree. Go to Vegas for a weekend. Bishop, Lake Isabella. Just think we have enough in the local area to have our own runs every other month, never in conflict with the San Diego group though.

The two you have mentioned are Saturday events with an over night stay. I have forgotten the exact mileage on the Palm Springs run, but a little over 220 miles in two days. You broke the Chase the Sun run into many join/depart areas, making it easy to be part of it, or run the whole thing. With the idea of spending Saturday night in Orange County.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
What is are chapter name going to be?

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
*our, sorry. I say..."KAPPATTACK"!!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
"Sons of Kappa" and use a grim reaper for the logo...but in a corporate suit...and with his facial structure similar to those in power at GM around 2010...

...after all, both brands ARE dead. ;)

I think I may be missing my Harley a bit. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We need to get Gassor, Sky Pilot, Kyrsna, Razz and the Palm springs and Moreno Valley bunch together and figure it out. I have no preference.

If it does not rain, or too cold, we are taking both cars to Tuxies Friday night. Will post on Friday around 2pm if we are not going. I am planning on it getting better than worse

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I do and I'm not sure if skersfan knows this or not (haven't talked about it with him yet) our San Diego group is a part of WCK.

You'll note from their FB page though that they focus on the original group up in Northern CA. Our SD club is pretty independent from them so much so I'd say the tie in between the two is minimal.

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think any of their runs are under 200 miles away from us. I was going to one of them, but did not get the car soon enough. I know that some of the San Diego group met up with them, I want to say Gilroy, but don't think that is correct. Where they have the split Pea Soup is the area.

It just makes it longer than a weekend if we do any of their runs. Plus they seem to have given up posting on this site. There is one currently, but the first in quite awhile.

·
Premium Member
5,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have about 10 cars that we know of in the area. That seem to be active. I know there are more, but telling new people that all of our runs are in the San Diego or San Francisco area is not going to inspire participation. I posted on their site about the Palm Springs run, never a reply or response in any way. We are too far away from them is their feelings to.

The San Diego club is quite active. Certainly want to continue a relationship with them.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
But have you tried posting up on Craigslist?!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts