Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is WOW!...its been what a week since we took delivery?...time sure flies by...513 miles or smiles on our new baby and enjoying every mile of it!

But today was totally unbelieveable!....I read stories about this...all over this forum ...about the looks you get ect...but today...was the first time I had a large dose of it!....A large group of people staring ,admiring and asking me questions about our car:D

It was almost scary...I went to make a pit stop at our local gas station, and pulled into a wonderful parking spot...in the front and single..no one could park and either side of you...just perfect for any careful Sky owner...well you would think some celebrity was there because, the mintue I turned my key and got outta the car...4 guys came up to me and started asking me questions...then 3 more guys...then some people at the gas pump ...a couple in their car pulled up and got out...Some of them didn't have any idea who made the car.... never saw one before...they compared the looks to a Viper, Corvette and looked better than an Ferrari!...couldn't believe it was a Saturn...one said he just saw the commercial on TV... asked how much they were...and that they must be a limited edition....when I told them it was a Redline Turbo..the men especailly were very interested in performace..Horse power ect..which of course I couldn't help them with.:)...anyway...finally got into the store...someone said, "did you see that black car out there, wow"

All I could think to myself was WOW, unbelievable!!:thumbs: ...got into the Sky and felt like I got my 15 minutes of fame!!:D
All I can say to new Sky Owners ...is Get Ready for a fun Ride!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Get used to it!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
All I can say is WOW!...its been what a week since we took delivery?...time sure flies by...513 miles or smiles on our new baby and enjoying every mile of it!

But today was totally unbelieveable!....I read stories about this...all over this forum ...about the looks you get ect...but today...was the first time I had a large dose of it!....A large group of people staring ,admiring and asking me questions about our car:D

It was almost scary...I went to make a pit stop at our local gas station, and pulled into a wonderful parking spot...in the front and single..no one could park and either side of you...just perfect for any careful Sky owner...well you would think some celebrity was there because, the mintue I turned my key and got outta the car...4 guys came up to me and started asking me questions...then 3 more guys...then some people at the gas pump ...a couple in their car pulled up and got out...Some of them didn't have any idea who made the car.... never saw one before...they compared the looks to a Viper, Corvette and looked better than an Ferrari!...couldn't believe it was a Saturn...one said he just saw the commercial on TV... asked how much they were...and that they must be a limited edition....when I told them it was a Redline Turbo..the men especailly were very interested in performace..Horse power ect..which of course I couldn't help them with.:)...anyway...finally got into the store...someone said, "did you see that black car out there, wow"

All I could think to myself was WOW, unbelievable!!:thumbs: ...got into the Sky and felt like I got my 15 minutes of fame!!:D
All I can say to new Sky Owners ...is Get Ready for a fun Ride!

That sounded awesome !!! I can't wait for my GXP.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I still haven't gotten used to it. Sometimes people say the strangest things. The question I like the least is "How much did you pay for it? " You develop scripts, don't you? I reply, "Mama told me not to tell, but if you just cannot stand it, go to the Saturn website and build one the way you'd want it and it will price it for you." I say it good naturedly and they then realize I ain't tellin. Frankly, in Atlanta I am surrounded by really nice, expensive cars especially at work, and I honestly didn't expect people to gawk as much as folks described on the forum before my Sky arrived. But I was mistaken. No disappearing in the background in this car! Even now that people are beginning to see more of them, it just fuels more conversation. The topper was last night. As I climbed in the car, some guy said, "I bet you get a lot of looks," and I said I really haven't gotten used to it yet." trying to be modest and get away in a flurry of keys and ballcap, ladies, you know the drill. Then he leaned over and in a conspiratorial tone said, "Well, if you dyed all that long hair blonde (I am a dark brunette) then you wouldn't be able to beat them off". .........UH?
I was agape.

·
Registered
166 Posts
"Well, if you dyed all that long hair blonde (I am a dark brunette) then you wouldn't be able to beat them off". .........UH?
I was agape.
Did he do that thing with his tongue like Hannibal Lecter did in Silence of the Lambs? That guy sounds like a creep to be sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts