Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on the website it says that the car wights in at 2933lbs but today when I was reading the sticker on the door of the car it read 3300lbs (Rough Estimate since I dont remembe exact number)....so whats up with the extra weight?? I didnt order anything extra except for the premium leather package.

I still love my car, even if she is a fat lady :thumbs:

Marco
:cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Max!

That's at it's maximum recomended weight with passanger:cool: and :rolleyes: luggage.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awwwww, ok cool :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Don't forget 80 lbs of fuel...

·
Registered
173 Posts
....are you sure about 3300 being the maxium weight (including passenger/luggage)? That's only 367lb difference from 2933 and if you include the fuel figure of 80lbs from the previous post, we're talking 287lbs. And if you divide that 287 by 2 (driver &passenger), now we're talking roughly 142lbs ea. Gee I hope no "porkers" are planning on buying or driving in a Sky?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: and if so, they better drive alone unless I'm missing something here. :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DARZSKY said:
....are you sure about 3300 being the maxium weight (including passenger/luggage)? That's only 367lb difference from 2933 and if you include the fuel figure of 80lbs from the previous post, we're talking 287lbs. And if you divide that 287 by 2 (driver &passenger), now we're talking roughly 142lbs ea. Gee I hope no "porkers" are planning on buying or driving in a Sky?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: and if so, they better drive alone unless I'm missing something here. :D
If you read the sticker inside the door it says maximum occupant weight and cargo must not exceed 367 lbs.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DARZSKY said:
don;t worry about that weight limit... it is a calculation based on goverment specifications... not what the car can really handle... If you can fit in the seat, I wouldn't worry about overloading the car.... with the size trunk you will probably not be hauling much weight there ..
I am no Little person, but using the term porker is very insensitive...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The one I'm delivering tomorrow weighs at 2913 Lbs. (Shipping Weight) :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
173 Posts
SkyMan07...I'm sorry that my previous post struck a nerve. Looks like you're one "sensitive" guy. I was making a general statement about the weight capacity. Believe me, I can think of quite a few other desciptive words (and I'm sure you can too) that would have been much more "insensitive".

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
DARZSKY said:
SkyMan07...I'm sorry that my previous post struck a nerve. Looks like you're one "sensitive" guy. I was making a general statement about the weight capacity. Believe me, I can think of quite a few other desciptive words (and I'm sure you can too) that would have been much more "insensitive".
I am sure you can find another term also that is not describing someone as a PIG...... I can think of many terms that describe a smaller sized person also but I wouldn't use them....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts