Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation of rear was easy front a bit of a bitch, over all great ride.:thumbs:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Nice.

I also really like what you've done with the front chrome grill bar with the saturn logo on it. Looks like a Black powder coat finish, and the interior of the logo is white or silver....

What did you do?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot! satan black paint and crome vinyl, pretty simple mod. Back and interior logo are matching. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
thanks alot! satan black paint and crome vinyl, pretty simple mod. Back and interior logo are matching. :cheers:
so i'm guessing you put down the chrome vinyl first....then black satin paint overtop?

And as far as the logo, how'd you get them to match? I think it looks a lot better without the red. If you haven't already, you should right up a quick DIY for this mod and post it. I think A LOT of members would prefer this over removing the chrome bar completely.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the red back is easily removed and i simply covered it in chrome. then i prepared and painted the rest separately.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice to hear, good luck. lust make sure you scuff the surface of the chrome real well or the paint wont stick.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Where are the after pics of the lowering spring install?

Those can't be after!!!??? If you look at the pics on the Kappa website there is no wheel well gap at all. Are they taking pics of the 2" drop and selling the 1" drop kit???!!!

Sorry brother, but your Sky looks just as high as me at the rolling stones concert last weekend!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are the after pics of the lowering spring install?

Those can't be after!!!??? If you look at the pics on the Kappa website there is no wheel well gap at all. Are they taking pics of the 2" drop and selling the 1" drop kit???!!!

Sorry brother, but your Sky looks just as high as me at the rolling stones concert last weekend!
nice!!! i took those pics right after the install, they have settled since. i also have a lower profile tire. im running a 40 series as kappasphere was probally using a 45 series. i would say the car settled about an inch. ill have to post newer pics.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey how about some more pics after it has settled? I don't know whether to get the sportline or proline springs? I am afraid 2" will be too low but I don't really know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey how about some more pics after it has settled? I don't know whether to get the sportline or proline springs? I am afraid 2" will be too low but I don't really know.
Yeah, I am really debaiting doing the 2 inch drop too. I dont want to do the 1.4 or whatever, then wish i would have done the larger drop. I think I will just do the 2 inch and deal with it....:willy: :willy: I will probally do it in january or so. It shouldnt be too much of a problem considering that it wont be daily driven for the most part (thats what my slammed jimmy is for :D :thumbs:) , I will just have to be VErrrrrry careful. If i get around to doing this before you do i will make sure to send you pictures and let you know how it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts