Saturn Sky Forum banner

Installing a CAI & exhaust

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  1st Gear 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me if it is difficult to install the Kappa CAI? Can I do it myself or do I need to take it someplace to have it done. Also which is the best exhaust & how difficult is it to install.

#2 ·
Cai

You can do the CAI yourself in about 30 to 40 Min, very easy...Seal9

#3 ·
I am sooo tempted to try it myself...but I have like- 10 thumbs and don't want to mess everything up. You sure it can be done easily?

#4 ·
Simple as puttin bread in a toaster. Of course it does come with instuctions so read first. Even this ol ******* reads . Got to have something to read while on the privey. And that is indoors too, with A/C. ...Skip....:lol: :lol:

#5 ·
Skip said:
Simple as puttin bread in a toaster. Of course it does come with instuctions so read first....

Ohh, instructions... never would have thought of that!:lol: What will manufacturers think of next.

I still have a picture in my mind though...Wife comes home... (she doesn't know that I plan an upgrade, so it'll be a heck of a shock) anyway, she comes home to see me laying on the ground trying to put the doo hicky on the thing a mabob while cussing at the thingy that just fell into the engine. First question would be "what are you doing to our Sky!" (ok, more of a statement than real question). Next would be "What the *6@#! are you doing to our Sky!" quickly followed by, "your banned from computer forum buddy.", and ending with "I'll call Todd to see if he can figure out what you did wrong.". Yep, got it all figured out.:lol:
It's a pretty dark picture in my mind, but lucky for me, she would actually stop at the first statement and ask to help.:)

#6 ·
Cai And Exhaust

OK FOLKS...

THE KAPPA CAI is an easy do...a few nuts and bolts and you remove 3 pieces of crap and you put the CAI on...it's a breeze...if you can follow instructions you can do it.

If you want just take it easy and get it done in 60 mins...just go over everything twice.

If you know cars and intakes it will take you 30 mins maybe.

As for EXHAUST if you can beleive it...NO KNOWN AFTERMARKET SKY EXHAUST EXISTS!

The SKY is just coming out so EXHAUSTS should be showing up in the next month or two.

KAPPASHPERE should be getting theres up in about 2-4 weeks I hope...As we know from other members GIBSON, MAGNAFLOW and BORLA will also be selling SKY EXHAUSTS ...hopfully soon.

Aloha :cool:

#7 ·
Where can I get a CAI, how much does it cost, and how much does it improve performance?

#8 ·
#10 ·
What about the filters themselves, any clue as to how much it will cost to replace the filters? Didn't see any on Kappa's site.

#13 ·
I'll talk to MagnaFlow on Monday about the exhaust that they put on my car and when it will be released. It's a great sounding exhaust and I picked up about 7 hp to the wheels with it (so say the dyno sheets).

One of the other So Cal gents has the Borla Exhaust on his car and they should be out soon too.

#14 · (Edited)
Diy Cai

Do it yourself, Cold air intake, is very simple.
If you want to save some bucks, go to Autozone and make your own.
I did my Sentra 2.5 CAI, for $120.00 US Dollars.
Some autoparts stores have a mock-up system, for free, so you
will know exactly what you will need.
I just took back the parts that did not fit.
cool.
Luv that new sound the engine makes now.
Nothing like the sound of money going down the intake manifold and out that exhaust pipe.
$3.05 a gallon here in Houston.
Ha Ha
:D :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.