Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
And out of guilt I just gave her a bath, she's pretty again and ready for Autocross tomorrow :)

·
Super Moderator
11,223 Posts
We got Jamie's rear tow hook installed tonight for autocross (dear god I hope we don't need it) so we'll be seeing you in the morning Jassor.

I couldn't remember for the life of me remember how that went together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Jim and SSR e2015, excellent photos, thanks guys. Shows the Sky and Solstice are identical where this lifter mechanism mounts. Should help those considering the mod move forward. I had very good communications with Werner, the price was reasonable and shipping was fast (until the non-communicative USPS was involved). I will have to detail the area before installing.

Take care and may we enjoy the bit of Spring left for April.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
That's pretty damn fast Richard, glad it came in for you. Good luck with the install and I hope you enjoy it :)

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
There is no mention of how to align the bottom assembly relative to that square opening so the gas strut is aligned properly. Maybe I'm asking for more information than this needs to make it work but it sure would be nice to get it right the first time. There are also no lock washers for the two bolts and until you begin to tighten them there's a bit of movement there.

I appreciate any helpful information. If you have installed one of these then you probably know what I'm talking about. Next step is for me to post photos I reckon.

Thanks,
Richard Snipes
Just finished the install myself. The instructions are really missing this picture.

and his pic looks like the top strut mount is in B not A here is mine.

Now Why is the hole for the locking pin on the back side. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$ that was. Glad A2 was the right combo for my trunk lid as I would hate to have to do that again.

But its in looks factory and I am very happy. On to the next mod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Yes that is the missing pic. Clears up where the little black square plate goes.
Does your trunk fully open all the way now, without any manual lifting?
Yeah, I was thinking of taking a video and posting here.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
So I installed today, but the bottom pivot head rubs against the joint pin of the hinge. The bracket is an exact fit to the square opening, so no adjustment there. Then the shaft of the gas cylinder just fits into the opening of the trunk trim. Any easy way to move the trunk bracket over a little?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
So I installed today, but the bottom pivot head rubs against the joint pin of the hinge. The bracket is an exact fit to the square opening, so no adjustment there. Then the shaft of the gas cylinder just fits into the opening of the trunk trim. Any easy way to move the trunk bracket over a little?
Pictures would help me understand what your saying.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts