Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
So I installed today, but the bottom pivot head rubs against the joint pin of the hinge. The bracket is an exact fit to the square opening, so no adjustment there. Then the shaft of the gas cylinder just fits into the opening of the trunk trim. Any easy way to move the trunk bracket over a little?

I was getting ready to tell you I installed mine last night and no issues what so ever. Then I thought I would take a closer look before posting. Sure enough mine rubs the lower ball exactly as you mentioned.

It does not appear to hurt or hinder anything but I think I will remove the lower bracket and bend it about 1/8" and I should be good to go.

Larry

·
Registered
245 Posts
UPDATE:

I removed the lower bracket and reshaped the metal. Some folks call that bending it but that sounds so crude.:lol::lol:

I moved the lower ball connecting point in towards the center of the car about 1'8" and now have plenty of clearance to the hinge joint.

While I was in there I set the adjustment to the B-3 position.

All is well now.:cheers:

Larry

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good job, does the rod still clear okay?

When I first put it back in the rod was touching the trunk trim you mentioned. Then I moved it a little closer to the hinge pivot point and it just cleared the the trim piece. It has to be centered between the pivot point and the trunk trim piece. As you know this is a tight area and not much room for any slop.

The good news is if you over bend it a little it is very easy to move it back closer to the hinge by just prying it with a screwdriver. If you look at it you will see it almost has a built in pry point to bend it toward the hinge but not to bend it away.

I really like the B3 position better even though it opened slowly on the a2.

Larry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need to Drill!

My 2007 2.4 Sky needs holes drilled inside trunk to add this. Anybody done this? I have pics but not sure how to get them on here. They are in PDF format. Thanks in advance! Bob

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Someone please post the contact info for these. They not only look factory they work even better. Thanks
Its in this thread at least 2 times. But hey I'm sure your time is more important than mine, so I went back and read the entire thread to get the link here it is again.

http://gt-manufaktur.eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop45715.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Shop45715/Products/WP018

and if you view it in chrome, in the upper right corner on your window is a translate option in case you don't read German

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry about that. What I should have said was in English, my German is really rusty. Ok non existent. Thanks for your effort.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
Sorry about that. What I should have said was in English, my German is really rusty. Ok non existent. Thanks for your effort.
Was? Sie nicht Deutsch gesprechen? Aber wir alle sprechen Deutsch! Ist das nicht so, Davhamm? LOL

Nur spielen!

(Translation: "What? You don't speak German? But we all speak German! Isn't that so, Davhamm? LOL Just playing!")

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL! Ya and my great grandparents lived along the Rhine River in Germany. Guess the language never made it across the pond. Sent GT my info and the item I'm interested in. Now just waiting to hear the $ w/shipping. Thanks again guys for all your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
BTW Robotech, finally got a good look at your pic today. One of my top 25 movies of all time! Wolf, wolf, wolf wolf wolf!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Was? Sie nicht Deutsch gesprechen? Aber wir alle sprechen Deutsch! Ist das nicht so, Davhamm? LOL

Nur spielen!

(Translation: "What? You don't speak German? But we all speak German! Isn't that so, Davhamm? LOL Just playing!")
As long as we speak german on a website, and I can use Chrome, yeah. Funny think I flunked out of 2nd year German in H.S.

Gee, I think I even explained how to get it in English, and I know there is a more detailed explanation on this thread. Dam I am starting to sound like a bitter old man.

·
Super Moderator
11,230 Posts
LOL Davhamm. I had 2 years in HS and another year in college...then found out I had to have a second year in college when i went back a few years ago and ASU didn't offer German online...So I took Spanish and every time I tried to translate something in my head it went from English, to German, to Spanish...IF I got it...if I didn't it came out half in German and half in Spanish. Uhg.

No you did fine with the link. I think he got it.

Tippy, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok guys, got in touch with Werner yesterday. Ordered the trunk opener and got a message from him this morning that it's out of stock. It will ship early next week. Really looking forward to the install. I'm tired of my too long fingernails that are need to grap the trunk to get it open. Lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Installing Gas Shock for Trunk Lid

Has anyone had a problem with the lid moving out of place when installing this according to instructions? I plan on marking its location with tape just in case, but just wondered if just snugging up the bottom bolt after installing the bracket is sufficient to hold the lid while taking out the top bolt to swing the bracket into position. Thanks, TerryJ

41 - 60 of 74 Posts