Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

I called my insurance Company (not naming names but All***** :p). and they want 850 every 6 months for the SKY.

I called some other ones and they aren't much better...

Believe it or not, Geico was the best.. only going to add $26 bucks to my policy.

I'm 30 with a clean record.

Mrjester
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
MrJester said:
Everyone,

I called my insurance Company (not naming names but All***** :p). and they want 850 every 6 months for the SKY.

I called some other ones and they aren't much better...

Believe it or not, Geico was the best.. only going to add $26 bucks to my policy.

I'm 30 with a clean record.

Mrjester
I called Amica and got a great rate, although it took them a couple of days to figure out what a Sky was :) . Granted, I'm sure this varies a lot where you live. When I used to live in Philly, Geico was by the far the most expensive, essentially conceding that they didn't want to have any customers there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Got me wondering so I called my insurance co. Quote was $710 per year for full coverage. Not great but acceptable. I'm 62 with a clean record. Hopefully I will get my Sky sometime in the next month or two.
Peeksdad
#4 in line
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Well... i got GREAT NEWS... my insurance lady just told me that my premium would be 294.34 every 6 months.... YEAH.... well, it helps that we have about 7 cars in the drive and the boat, motorcycle... etc. etc...... that is too cool.. SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's not bad at all. Geico priced it as an '06 Solstice since they didn't have '07 but it came back as 760 a year for me.

Erie is by far one of the cheapest and better insurance companies that I've worked with, but here are their stipulations:

The SKY is considered a sports car. To be elligible for insurance you need:

10 years driving experience
3 years of driving this type of car
no moving violations in the last 3 years.

MrJester
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
MrJester said:
That's not bad at all. Geico priced it as an '06 Solstice since they didn't have '07 but it came back as 760 a year for me.

Erie is by far one of the cheapest and better insurance companies that I've worked with, but here are their stipulations:

The SKY is considered a sports car. To be elligible for insurance you need:

10 years driving experience
3 years of driving this type of car
no moving violations in the last 3 years.

MrJester
I think i got that covered.... 10 yrs driving... YEP... PLUS A FEW..
multiple yrs driving my M3....... YEP....
NEVER A TICKET...... NODDA... NOPE.... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Lucky you aren't insuring in Toronto. I pay $1300/year for a '92 Nissan tee-top and I was told to add another $50/month for a Solstice. That was last year. I expect the Sky to be about the same.:brentil:

That does insure two people of course. I have a clean record.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
MrJester said:
Everyone,

I called my insurance Company (not naming names but All***** :p). and they want 850 every 6 months for the SKY.

I called some other ones and they aren't much better...

Believe it or not, Geico was the best.. only going to add $26 bucks to my policy.

I'm 30 with a clean record.

Mrjester
I'm 25 with Allstate and I'm paying $420 every 6 months for my Solstice.
 

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
Joined
·
408 Posts
MrJester said:
Everyone,

I called my insurance Company (not naming names but All***** :p). and they want 850 every 6 months for the SKY.
They quoted me $574/6 mos, clean record, discount for renter/auto combo. I drove it by their office today and they were very impressed-the guy met me at the car when I pulled into the lot!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
GMAC Insurance...

Just got a quote today (on the regular SKY) and I was told right around $425 :eek: for 6 months, Full Cover, with GMAC Insurance with 2 other vehicles in the same policy and with $500 Collision Deductible and only $100 Deductible for Comprehensive. I was impressed!!! I'm 35 yrs. old and have had many violations in the past but none in the last 4 years. :cheers: :thumbs: :cool:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Jester,

I am in Fredericksburg, VA (so not that far away from you and in same state mind you) and they want $696 every 6 months and that is with an old 95 SL2 as my primary driving car and SKY as pleasure only. I also have been with them for 15 years (I am almost 31) and a clean record as well so maybe that had something to do with it! Believe it or not Allstate looked over an accident I had one time years back like it never happened. They paid the victim (haha, like how I said that?) and it never showed up on my record at all as I checked time and time afterwards. I was going to switch to Progressive one time and they offered lower but I can't beat the personal friendship I have with my Allstate rep. Sorry to hear but get the best bang for your buck is what I always say! :thumbs:

-P.M. me if you want to check with my rep because I will tell him I referred you and maybe they can help discount that rate if you REALLY want Allstate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Alot of the cost of auto insurance depends on where you live. Here in the capital of Car theft world... Miami... It cost me 540 every 6 months to insure my Sky through Geico. I had great news and saved a whole bunch of money $600 a year last year... when I switched from Alls**** . Yup, really. Ok my 23 year old daughter - 700 bucks every 6 months to insure her 2005 Camery. Clean driving records here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
SunneySky said:
Alot of the cost of auto insurance depends on where you live. Here in the capital of Car theft world... Miami... It cost me 540 every 6 months to insure my Sky through Geico. I had great news and saved a whole bunch of money $600 a year last year... when I switched from Alls**** . Yup, really. Ok my 23 year old daughter - 700 bucks every 6 months to insure her 2005 Camery. Clean driving records here!
:agree: ...geographical location plays a hefty role in the insurance game. I'm with State Farm...always have been from the moment I got my driver's license when I graduated H.S. At one time, I drove an 89 Camaro...but since I was still living 'at home', my premiums were close to $800/6 months...all because I lived on the WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET! :banghead: A year later, I moved to the next town over...my premiums dropped $400 a year because I crossed that one street that just happens to be some kind of dividing line for State Farm. I guess they figured since I was on the west side of that street, I was further away from Chicago city limits. My prelim SKY quote was $285/6 months, full coverage, $200 deductibles on collision and comp....pretty darn good, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Just got a quote today (on the regular SKY) and I was told right around $425 :eek: for 6 months, Full Cover, with GMAC Insurance with 2 other vehicles in the same policy and with $500 Collision Deductible and only $100 Deductible for Comprehensive. I was impressed!!! I'm 35 yrs. old and have had many violations in the past but none in the last 4 years. :cheers: :thumbs: :cool:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Your's is the only insurance quote so far that anyone here can use to compare. You gave price and coverage. Some here are only giving what they pay, but not what they are paying for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
my rate

I got about the same as Skybaby's rate. It's about 50 bucks a month more for me to have the Sky and my late model Mustang Convertible 5.0 insured. They had to put the Sky down as a leisure vehicle. All the safety equipment and discounts figured in. I'm happy! BTW im 29 with a clean record too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've since worked out my woes. I actually called Geico and they were 400 something every 6 months for full coverage. I have a perfect record as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
One reason why the Sky insurance is expensive is because the car model is new and insurance companies have no record of it. My company, the Hartford had quoted me a policy that cost less for a $90,000 Viper coupe . A policy for a Z06 Corvette was also less !! Granted both are coupes and verts usually cost more. Actually as a second car on my policy, I'm paying $497 a year for $100-300,000, Zero deductable comp and $500 deductable collision on the Sky. Not bad considering what others have quoted on this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
I brought this up a few weeks ago...I am really bummed...no tickets or collision in 35 years and hmphh...adds 114.00 a month to my policy with homeowners and my truck. But the upside is I can 'idle' the policy when it's parked for the winter. If there is a nice driving day I just call and activate the account for the day...that'a a big help
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top