Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Ontario if the price of gas doesn't kill you the price of insurance just might. Have you checked how much insurance will cost for your Sky. Well the insurance companies don't have any numbers on the Sky just yet but you can find out what insurance will cost on the Solstice.

I did and it will cost me $50/month more to drive the Solstice/Sky than it does to drive my 1992 Nissan NX 2000. I pay around $1,300/year now. $50/month extra to go up 15 years. Hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
With age and a good driving record comes lower rates. :willy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Insurance

Then at my age, maybe they will pay me to drive it since I am old and safe.

:lol: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
rick112 said:
In Ontario if the price of gas doesn't kill you the price of insurance just might. Have you checked how much insurance will cost for your Sky. Well the insurance companies don't have any numbers on the Sky just yet but you can find out what insurance will cost on the Solstice.

I did and it will cost me $50/month more to drive the Solstice/Sky than it does to drive my 1992 Nissan NX 2000. I pay around $1,300/year now. $50/month extra to go up 15 years. Hmmmm....

Hmmm. I went from a '98 Firebird to the Z4 and only increased about $10 per month. I'm paying $2300 Cdn for the 2005 Saab 9-2X and the 2003 Z4 and I have full coverage (e.g. $2M liability, etc)...
I got Allstate... Who are you with???

·
Registered
185 Posts
You say the Solstice will cost $1900 per year. That sounds like about the same rate as a Mazda MX-5.

How does this rate compare to a MX-5, a Honda S2000 and a Ford Mustang? I would guess that the Mustang and S2000 would be close to $3000 per year.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with Allstate as well. Prices in Ontario and especially Toronto are really bad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in Minneapolis. With bare bones coverage the cost will be $1,600, assuming I drive it all year. I am thinking not insuring it for the winter months (December - March) to lower my annual cost

·
Registered
328 Posts
This was the quote for my 06 Sol, sol I figured that it should be close for a 07 Sky ... but their quotes are only good for 90 days.

I am 34 years old and have a clean driving record. State Farm quoted ... six months = $394.44 / monthly $65.74 (Full Coverage w/$100 deductible).

I live near Savannah, GA

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thats also my case I think. I have my wife and I both ensured on our cars.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Price quote for my Solstice;

$426 (USD) every 6 months, Allstate, married, good driver, multi car discount.

·
Registered
52 Posts
full coverage on my getta, and an explorer for me and the wife with 0 accidenst, i pay 90 bucks. thats damn good. USAA

·
Registered
109 Posts
rick112 said:
Well thats also my case I think. I have my wife and I both ensured on our cars.
I stand corrected. My wife reminded me that Allstate reduced the insurance on both vehicles (the 2003 Z4 & the 2005 Saab 9-2X) effective earlier this year to approx $1750 per annum for both vehicles.
I don't understand why yours would be more cause I live in the GTA as well..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had a V6 mutang for the last 4 years. My insurance has been in the $3000/yr (no accidents or speeding tickets) range until this year when I finally got my age 25 discount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts