Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone give me an idea of how much more there insurance went out up replace the car they currently have. I currently drive a 2001 mit. eclipse and am paying roughly 115 dollars a month for insurance....I called my gal and she doesn't have that inform yet....

thanks joe

·
Registered
727 Posts
It is hard to compare other people's isurance prices to your own, since so much personalized information and locality information go into it. A Mitsu Eclipse for me would be one of the most expensive vehicles I could buy to insure, and a Solstice or Sky would be considerably cheaper (by a couple hundred per year).

Try asking your agent what insurance would run on a Pontiac Solstice... I would suspect they would both have essentially the same risk ratings at this point since neither has a history to go by, and both have the same chassis/engines so repair and liability ratings should mirror each other. It should at least get you in the ballpark on what you are looking at having to spend!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ask them to price it out as a Solstice, should give you the same cost. Adding on the Sky to my insurance cost a little less than $100/month since I'll still be driving my Aurora during the winter. I would guess it would be about the same as the Eclipse.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Insurance is very individual based. Like I pay $430/6 months for my Solstice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got a quote for $318/6 months from State Farm in the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
148 Posts
brentil said:

By that you mean you pay 430$ for 6 month of insurance?

I pay about twice has that for 6 month on my 2001 Saturn SC1

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Snowy_Beast said:
By that you mean you pay 430$ for 6 month of insurance?

I pay about twice has that for 6 month on my 2001 Saturn SC1

That's interesting, I am with Farmers and I pay $l800 for six months full coverage on my Saturn 04 L300.3 & Wifes 04 VUE combined,That is with 2 wrecks against me, come March one will go away and will lessen the premium to make room for the SKY, which at this time according my agent it will be the same as my existing car or roughly $150 a month, still a lot of money but I can afford it, I had a nat gas/oilwell come in in November, good old Texas Panhandle,

I just love the Lone Star State!!!!!!:cheers: :thumbs: :willy: ERNEST

·
Registered
7 Posts
brentil said:
Wow! They all sound pretty close. I pay $372/6 months for my 2003 Impala :rolleyes: and $352/6 months for my 2005 Magnum v8 “Yah it has a Hemi!” :cool: My insurance is with Costco Amex. I save about $200. :thumbs: because I don't help pay for remote locations. When you are checking around for insurance, also check with Costco or Sam club if you are a member.:thumbs:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ernest said:
That's interesting, I am with Farmers and I pay $l800 for six months full coverage on my Saturn 04 L300.3 & Wifes 04 VUE combined,That is with 2 wrecks against me, come March one will go away and will lessen the premium to make room for the SKY, which at this time according my agent it will be the same as my existing car or roughly $150 a month, still a lot of money but I can afford it, I had a nat gas/oilwell come in in November, good old Texas Panhandle,

I just love the Lone Star State!!!!!!:cheers: :thumbs: :willy: ERNEST
But then I'm 20....

It's 950 every 6 months for my 2001 SC1; I have no reclamations but its in CAN money.
Since I'll keep that car, and that now the insurance says if I drive my dad's car and get into an accident they will cover; should I risk to put my dad's name as the driver of the sky? I live in his house; is it worth the money?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I had my All State agent quote me late last summer on the Sky. He actually wasn't able to quote on the Sky but was on the Solstice. I was insuring a 1992 Nissan NX 2000 at the time and he told me my insurance would go up by only $50 CDN a month if I purchased a new Solstice. I thought that wasn't to bad considering I was going up at least 13 years and from an old car to a brand new one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You don't want to know what I pay. And I am listed as driving my mom's 2001 Alero... I am 24.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I got a quote from progressive for a Sol, it was $275 a month. I'm 20 and I drive a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon, paying $100 a month (my dad's policy) they said the Sky will be cheaper since it's Saturn. This isn't too bad, I expected it to be more like 400-500 a month since its a 2seater convertible. And yes I will pay the $250 a month, I don't really think that's much, and I plan on paying 4-500 a month for the car. =)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Since it's a new car with no history behind it they go with conservative values based off other like cars. So MR2, Miata, Solsitce, etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just ran a quote w/ 21st century to add a Solstice to my current plan along with my SL2- $360 for 6 months, but I get a discount on my SL2 because I'll have multiple cars listed with them, and because the Sky will be a "pleasure" vehicle and not a commute vehicle. So, for my 1996 SL2 and the Sky, it'll be ~$130 a month.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I pay about $1850 a year for my three cars below plus a Ford Pickup. I suppose it helps that I'm 56 and haven't had a speeding ticket in 20 years, and never an accident that was my fault.

When I bought the Porsche four months ago (traded an '04 Audi S4) my insurance actually went down by about a dollar a month. No idea why.

·
Registered
245 Posts
right now i pay $152/month for an old rusted '89 accord... lol. I got a quote for the insurance for a solstice under my name... $224/month... ouch!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Lee Willis said:
I pay about $1850 a year for my three cars below plus a Ford Pickup. I suppose it helps that I'm 56 and haven't had a speeding ticket in 20 years, and never an accident that was my fault.

When I bought the Porsche four months ago (traded an '04 Audi S4) my insurance actually went down by about a dollar a month. No idea why.
:)
At 55 and a good record - when I floated the car past my agent - he noted that 2 drivers can't operate 3 cars - he said I may not really notice an increase...:D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm 56 and situation similar,

Rick Tinley Park said:
:)
At 55 and a good record - when I floated the car past my agent - he noted that 2 drivers can't operate 3 cars - he said I may not really notice an increase...:D
After March mine willgo down, a wreck will be off my record that month. Also it is not considerd my evryday use vehicle, which will help I think. L300.3 is my general use car, and a very great car it is

ERNEST:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
My insurance company quoted an annual increase of $275 (25%) over my '03 L200. They were able to quote on the '07 Sky, not the '06 Solstice, so I guess that info is becoming available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was just quoted $1040 a year for a Sky in addition to what I already pay for my other cars. I have a perfect driving so I was shocked that it would be that much.

I called Geico and it would be $700 a year, even cheaper than that if I switch my other vehicles.

Does anyone here have any experience w. Geico?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts