Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All has gone well waiting for my SKY...But insurance companies have my head spinning...Never a moving violation, nor an accident, and yet the insurance qoutes are over the top...Any info about decent rates would be appreciated. The Sky can only be driven 3 months out of the year, here in Siberia...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Insurance

java43 said:
All has gone well waiting for my SKY...But insurance companies have my head spinning...Never a moving violation, nor an accident, and yet the insurance qoutes are over the top...Any info about decent rates would be appreciated. The Sky can only be driven 3 months out of the year, here in Siberia...
I am 57,no accidents and have been with Erie for many years. I have a COLLISON DEDUCTIBLE OF $500 & COMP DEDUCTIBLE OF $100 WITH $500,000 LIABILITY PLUS MEDICAL COVERAGE AND SO ON..$364. PER YEAR. MY OTHER CAR IS A HONDA CIVIC 2006.COVERAGE FOR THE Honda is $463.per year.Erie has been a very good company

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
java43 said:
Not sure what they are quoting you there, but Arizona has the higest rates in the US. Believe it or not, the #1 place in the US for stolen cars is the Phoenix,Mesa Az. area. Now, you would think places closer to the border would be, but no there not. My insurance company didn't have the Sky in there computer yet but compared it to another one similar and gave me a quote. I get a discount for being over 50, and having all our cars, motorcycles and home with them. See what kind of discount programs they offer. Good luck :thumbs:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I'll keep checking...I have my home and two vehicles with Hartford. At 51 I was surprised to get a quote of $1300 a year to add the Sky.....geeze.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Farm Bureau here in NC carries all my vehicles, including my 4 motorcycles. The yearly rate on my Sky is less than my 800 cc bikes and 30% less than my Honda truck.

·
Registered
277 Posts
rag tops, overall, usually have higher premiums due to risk of injury.:brentil:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
understood, but...I would think my Harley would have a higher premium...no top to speak of...I'll do some more shopping.
Thanks for the quick response and so much help!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
java43 said:
thanks I'll keep checking...I have my home and two vehicles with Hartford. At 51 I was surprised to get a quote of $1300 a year to add the Sky.....geeze.
Remeber darling, it will be rated as a sports car. Looks like I will be paying appx $120 a month, and thats with all the discounts, no tickets or accidents either. Geeze is right :lol: :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Stu's Sky said:
rag tops, overall, usually have higher premiums due to risk of injury.:brentil:
That is correct :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am with Allstate and they hold ins on my home as well as my cars. Buy making adjustments in coverage to the cars (we'll have 3 cars and 2 drivers), we were able to cover Sunni as well as the others adequately for around 800 a year additional. Yeah, its the sports car thing that gets them The rate can come down as long as I continue to be accident free...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm going to end up paying a couple of thousand a year. Full coverage though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
shy-high

WGH said:
I am 57,no accidents and have been with Erie for many years. I have a COLLISON DEDUCTIBLE OF $500 & COMP DEDUCTIBLE OF $100 WITH $500,000 LIABILITY PLUS MEDICAL COVERAGE AND SO ON..$364. PER YEAR. MY OTHER CAR IS A HONDA CIVIC 2006.COVERAGE FOR THE Honda is $463.per year.Erie has been a very good company

I ALSO HAVE BEEN WITH ERIE FOR MANY YEARS. BEST RATES IN THE INDUSTRY. ALSO GREAT SERVICE WHEN YOU NEED THEM. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND THEM.

·
Registered
163 Posts
We're with Country Companies, and between my husband and I, the Sky will be our 3rd car - and we also have our house & life insurance with them. The Sky is only adding just under $600 a year. I just turned 25 and the Sky will be under me primarily, so that helped a bit.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm with State Farm...we currently have 2 vehicles and our homeowner's insurance through them. The quote I got for the Sky, using the same type of coverage that I currently have on my Beetle ended up being $285/6 months. Very reasonable, I thought...unless the quote was incorrect...which I'm hoping it wasn't. :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Bottom line is, it all depends on 1. your age, 2. your location and 3. any discounts you will get from your insurance company. Happy driving all :driving:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know who the insurance is going to be going through with me and my brothers Redline... It will be expensive for a 24 and 19 year old I bet, probably really expensive...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have been with Erie for......

25+ years. Their rates have always been excellent and response to a claim within days. (Had hail damage to my brand new truck once, went to their drive up claims center and walked away with the repair check) I assume though a good company is only at it's best with a good agent. Mine is super... I haven't called him on rates for the sky as yet so I can't help there. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
It also depends on where you are. Here in San Antonio it is higher because we have a lot of uninsured folks, and not to add to the illegal immigrants debate, but that is who most of the uninsured are. That combined with a short hop to the border for a stolen car, and the rates are a bit higher here over all. They were a bit cheaper while we were in Virginia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts