Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are you guys getting your insurance through? I have 2 speeding tickets already and pay about $200 a month for premium coverage through esurance.com, Costco.com was really cheap but they only insure "safe drivers"

·
Registered
102 Posts
My sky is my 3rd car currently insured with Farmer's Insurance. Along with my house, some life insurance and riders on my wife's jewelry and personal property. I was surprised when I was quoted 373.00 every 6 mos. Not bad, huh?? :D

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
About $440.00 every 6 months with Progressive--Thats for the Sky only, I have 4 vehicles insured with them. $500.00 deductable--And NO uninsured driver-

·
Registered
994 Posts
I feel like I'm getting ripped off. Erie is charging me $900 per year. I have two other cars and two houses with them also. So much for the multi-policy discount

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sunni is the 3rd car with two drivers. While She added $585 to the cost of insurance the other two went down a total of $289, so a raise of $296 for 6 mos..:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have just insured mine. I have a homeowners and 3 other cars with them. $214.00 full coverage for 6 months but I always go with 1000.00 deductable. I am still waiting for the dealership to get me the paperwork on the anti-theft that they put on it. I am supposed to get it even cheaper with that.

I have shelter general insurance been with them for over 25 years. That might make a difference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
$327 every 6mos with Progressive. :thumbs: 44, non-smoker multi-car, homeowner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel like I'm getting ripped off. Erie is charging me $900 per year. I have two other cars and two houses with them also. So much for the multi-policy discount

Hey, you dont have it that bad, my insurance is almost as much as my car payment. I'm getting charged 280 a month (almost 1.7k every 6 months) for my insurance. i'm through progressive, but that price is pretty much par for the course for me (i've done dozens of quotes for other places). Second car, i own a home and all that but i get raped cause of my age and the fact that this is classified as a sports car (as near as i can figure from what the companies have basically stated). Being young and not having your parents put you on thier insurance costs a chunk of change, i guess. So it could be worse ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,752 Posts
$ 400 / 6 mo. Allstate. Multi-car, Homeowner, Multi-Policy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
$327 every 6mos with Progressive. :thumbs: 44, non-smoker multi-car, homeowner.
You have homeowners through progressive? I didn't know they offered it?

Second car, i own a home . . . . Being young and not having your parents put you on thier insurance costs a chunk of change
You're under 25, have 2 cars and a house? Very impressive grasshopper :thumbs:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gotta keep in mind that where you live determines what you'll pay more than who you go through. I live in a fairly expensive county, but I have cheaper than usual insurance through USAA. I pay around $380 per 6 month policy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You have homeowners through progressive? I didn't know they offered it?

No homeowners insurance with Progressive. (I wish they did offer it) My agent stated that there is some type of discount for homeowners.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No homeowners insurance with Progressive. (I wish they did offer it) My agent stated that there is some type of discount for homeowners.
K, that makes more sense then. The reason I switched from progressive to allstate was to get the multiline discount (which actually ended up being pretty significant).

·
Super Moderator
6,752 Posts
Siouxsie : Gotta keep in mind that where you live determines what you'll pay more than who you go through. .........
Also, garage kept or not, how far do you drive, is it pleasure only, and probably others. My agent juggled the Sky with my Bravada to find the least expensive combination that approximated reality.

Also, as 3window35 pointed out, deductables make a huge difference in premiums. Its all gambling, remember.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Also, as 3window35 pointed out, deductables make a huge difference in premiums. Its all gambling, remember.
True, I also carry a 1K deductable. The way I figure it, if it's something that would only cost be $250 forget it, I'll pay myself. If it's something that would be $500 I could hack it and the subsequent insurance increases would take it out of you anyways. Once you start getting much over 1K though that's a real hit to the pocket book to fix.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Here's my policy history. 25+, married, multi car discount, homeowner policy, clean record all with Allstate

Ford ZX2 S/R - $480 per 6 months (sold to buy my Solstice)
2006 Solstice - $430 per 6 months (sold to buy my GXP)
2007 Solstice GXP
- $260 per 6 months :willy:

I was shocked when she gave me the quote over the phone. According to her since the GXP line of cars has more safety/security items BASE instead of being OPTIONS helps, as does the fact that the engine is smaller in size compared to the base cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
According to her since the GXP line of cars has more safety/security items BASE instead of being OPTIONS helps, as does the fact that the engine is smaller in size compared to the base cars.
Ha, just wait till the actuaries find that mistake :lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
$320/6 months, $250 deduct with State Farm - 40, married, multi car discount, accident-free discount, & homeowner's policy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
$667/ year, $200 ded, currently with GM Insurance...hopefull it continues that way. I received a 75 in a 65 ticket on the PA turnpike on my 2K trip to OC Maryland and back this summer. If they (PA) dont share info with the state of IN, it should stay the same - otherwise at least + 10 %...!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rates

I am 19 years old and will pay $189.00/month for full coverage and I will do so with a smile on my face as I drive the car. The lower payments will come as I get as old as all of you :lol: :angel: people :D :jester: JUST KIDDING..I LOVE YOU PEOPLE

BTW - that is with a completely clean record with all the discounts and all that fun stuff. This is with a $500 deductible. I may move to 750 which will take it down around 158.

Regards,
Stephen

1 - 20 of 32 Posts