Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum stuff. Been following the Sky on edmunds, etc.

Went to see the Soltice but can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk, due to a large bulky obstacle immediately behind the seats. (the saleman couldn't tell me what that was for, but it wasn't going anywhere...)

I know the Sky is built on the same platform; does that mean it will have that same obstacle? Love the styling, & excited about ordering one, but I'm addicted to golf....

Any info you can give me I'd appreciate....

thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
LasVegasPhil said:
Hi I'm new to this forum stuff. Been following the Sky on edmunds, etc.

Went to see the Soltice but can't fit my golf clubs in the trunk, due to a large bulky obstacle immediately behind the seats. (the saleman couldn't tell me what that was for, but it wasn't going anywhere...)

I know the Sky is built on the same platform; does that mean it will have that same obstacle? Love the styling, & excited about ordering one, but I'm addicted to golf....

Any info you can give me I'd appreciate....

thanks,
Phil
Phil - the hump is the fuel tank. Long story on how it got there, but basically thank the AFBTS's (the wings at the back of the convertible top).

It turns out that golf clubs DO fit in the trunk, and it is anticipated that this will also be true or partially true for the SKY as well.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=820&size=big&cat=3012&sort=2

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6235

are posts showing clearly that the right set of clubs fit in the trunk of a Solstice, and still allow the top to be lowered.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
KappaMan said:
Phil - the hump is the fuel tank. Long story on how it got there, but basically thank the AFBTS's (the wings at the back of the convertible top).

It turns out that golf clubs DO fit in the trunk, and it is anticipated that this will also be true or partially true for the SKY as well.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=820&size=big&cat=3012&sort=2

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6235

are posts showing clearly that the right set of clubs fit in the trunk of a Solstice, and still allow the top to be lowered.

Yep.... the fuel tank.. and i think you dont want to move that.... sry.. even for golfclubs.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd keep my clubs at the clubhouse...
If I was playing somewhere else -- "Hey - Harry -- take my clubs with you?"
Or
There is anothert seat!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I'd keep my clubs at the clubhouse...
If I was playing somewhere else -- "Hey - Harry -- take my clubs with you?"
Or
There is anothert seat!

There is just enough room in the back for the clubs.. and yep, if all else fails... the passenger seat.... Good Luck.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you are golfing because the weather is so nice...put the clubs away and drop the top and show off your sky. Play when the weather is bad...so you can take another car and put the sky to bed in a nice warm garage. See, problem solved!

·
Registered
74 Posts
ride shotgun

As stated in previous posts, I don't think this is the car to purchase if looking for adequate trunk space!:lol: Let the clubs ride shotgun. I went to look at a Toyota MR2 last year before the were all gone and before I decided on this car. When I saw that the trunk was the engine, I bust out laughing. When we opened the hood, I realized that I could fit a box of tampons in there (sorry gentlemen for being so explicit) but certainly not super sized ones!:nono: Car for fun, not function!

·
Registered
945 Posts
you can always put a full bag in the passenger seat...and belt it up !

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
As stated in previous posts, I don't think this is the car to purchase if looking for adequate trunk space!:lol: Let the clubs ride shotgun. I went to look at a Toyota MR2 last year before the were all gone and before I decided on this car. When I saw that the trunk was the engine, I bust out laughing. When we opened the hood, I realized that I could fit a box of tampons in there (sorry gentlemen for being so explicit) but certainly not super sized ones!:nono: Car for fun, not function!
HERE! HERE!..... TY SISTER...... oh yeah.... :cheers: SkyBaby-07

I am getting it to look cuter..... NOT FOR FUNCTIONALITY.... :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had heard rumors from a couple places (the Miata forum actually), that the fuel tank would be repositioned on the Sky as compared to the Solstice.

Is there any legitimacy to this claim?

I'm thinking of buying the new MX-5 Miata (I have a 97 now), and really love the style of the Saturn (the new Miata drives beautifully but the front end particularly leaves me cold), but it will be my only car. While the Miata trunk is small, its easier to use and roomier than the Solstice. I'm hoping the Sky fixes the Solstice shortcoming and I can have it all!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I seen pictures of a couple of gym bags in the trunk, that coupled with laundry mats, let the touring begin.:lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Jerome81 said:
I had heard rumors from a couple places (the Miata forum actually), that the fuel tank would be repositioned on the Sky as compared to the Solstice.

Is there any legitimacy to this claim?

I'm thinking of buying the new MX-5 Miata (I have a 97 now), and really love the style of the Saturn (the new Miata drives beautifully but the front end particularly leaves me cold), but it will be my only car. While the Miata trunk is small, its easier to use and roomier than the Solstice. I'm hoping the Sky fixes the Solstice shortcoming and I can have it all!
not on this generation.... maybe in a couple years they will.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hayley's SKY said:
As stated in previous posts, I don't think this is the car to purchase if looking for adequate trunk space!:lol: Let the clubs ride shotgun. I went to look at a Toyota MR2 last year before the were all g:cheers: before I decided on this car. When I saw that the trunk was the engine, I bust out laughing. When we opened the hood, I realized that I could fit a box of tampons in there (sorry gentlemen for being so explicit) but certainly not super sized ones!:nono: Car for fun, not function!
You definitly made the right choice I had a MR2 it was cute but a trip to the beach meant plastic bags of stuff shoved up against the spare tire in the front of the car.The mid range engine was a pain! At least I'll be able to fit a duffle bag into the sky's 3.8 cubic foot of trunk space. I'll put the top down after I get to the shore. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts