1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, it was...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I liked the review; it covered a lot of the things we talk about constantly on this forum. Creatively written at times, I think it was casting an intriguing smile towards our beloved Sky.

It will be very interesting to hear how the reviews go when the RedLine comes out and there is substantially more pep under the hood. In the meantime, I’m happy with my 2/3 'vette and 1/3 MX-5.

Thanks Rick!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks

Thank you so much for bringing that article to my attention!!!! I have had a tough week and was starting to think I should just get a Mini Cooper convertible since I am soooooo tiered of waiting. But that article reminded me of why I want this car so bad. THANK YOU!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Good article but I was thinking more along the lines of 2/3 Vette and 1/3 Viper. :jester:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I do want a quiet, smooth ride in a fun package, so it is exactly what I want!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
More evidence I made the right decision....

·
Registered
162 Posts
A good honest balanced article. What a refreshing change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"Cute it’s not; a good thing for balding alphas who rely on their wheels to broadcast their masculinity." <---------- :lol:

I knew I kept telling people I was compensating for the penis I don't have for a reason. :lol:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
WHAT A FANTASTIC ARTICLE!!!

I found myself laughing as I read it aloud to my husband. The part about the car locking, once you're in the car and then not being able to get out because you're locked in, is true. It's so funny. My daughter just told me yesterday morning, when she went to get out of the car (in front of about 20 kids), that she went to open it and then faked them out and went to kiss me after. She hasn't kissed me getting out of the car since she was probably in 1st grade. HA HA HA, so we decided, that the "being locked in" part is more for the drama affect. I recommend unlocking from the key fob, it's "smoother"....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Finally an article that describes it best. :thumbs:
See ya C&D.
:cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been to that site in the past and found it to be biased and totally anti GM anti- American, etc. When the article begins by doubting that anything that outweighs the Miata by 400 lbs and is 4 inches wider can possibly be fun to drive, then you know we're amongst fools. The fatal flaw of the site is that
they really believe that only they have credibility and, more strangely, that only their opinions constitute the "truth." But with statements like the one that opened their article, it's pretty obvious that nothing could possibly be further from the truth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Apparently their tester was a midget, who couldn't see over the cowling, and for some reason, thinks a $21K sports car is automatically going to have a seat that elevates. Interestingly, they gripe about the shifter position, while other reviews have specifically mentioned how well positioned the gearshift handle is.
One in particular raved about the excellent position of the gear knob. thetruthaboutcars.com seems to have problems discovering the truth about the Sky.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
GMguy said:
Interestingly, they gripe about the shifter position, while other reviews have specifically mentioned how well positioned the gearshift handle is.
One in particular raved about the excellent position of the gear knob. thetruthaboutcars.com seems to have problems discovering the truth about the Sky.
:agree: The shifter is in the perfect position, at least for me it is. My wife has asked if I have gotten use to the radio button on the steering wheel, something new to me, told her I don't need to because with my hand comfortablely resting on the shift knob the radio dial is in easy reach!:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I for one like sitting in the car and not on the car like I feel in a Miata. I also am over 5'9 (average race car driver size, and size of many "automotive journalists". I do not take the car to race tracks to drive, and I really don't care what the upper limits of handling are, because I drive a little more sensibly.

I am one that if the top is down, so is the speed. In my Capri, if no one is following me, I just creep along (even on the highway). Now if the top is up, so is my speed.

"Automotive Journalists" are for the most part "eletists" Whose personal car is an expensive foreign jobby. They only write to see their self important words in print, not to really relay the truth.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
drbob said:
I for one like sitting in the car and not on the car like I feel in a Miata. I also am over 5'9 (average race car driver size, and size of many "automotive journalists". I do not take the car to race tracks to drive, and I really don't care what the upper limits of handling are, because I drive a little more sensibly.

I am one that if the top is down, so is the speed. In my Capri, if no one is following me, I just creep along (even on the highway). Now if the top is up, so is my speed.

"Automotive Journalists" are for the most part "eletists" Whose personal car is an expensive foreign jobby. They only write to see their self important words in print, not to really relay the truth.
Look who advertises big in their mags. Don't bite the hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts