Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would those of you whom have seen the red interiors please remark if it is red or burgundy. I don't think burgundy would look right with the chillie pepper red! I know some say red and some say burgundy! :confused: :) :) :) :) :

·
Registered
109 Posts
yeah it pretty much looks red to me....and I don't like it...... I like solid black no two tones...... I bet anything that red will turn pink after a few years in the sun......

·
Registered
3 Posts
PammySky said:
yeah it pretty much looks red to me....and I don't like it...... I like solid black no two tones...... I bet anything that red will turn pink after a few years in the sun......

and hopefully the black wont turn grey :cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
for those of you replying about the color, please note in your post if you have actually seen it in person or not. I'm also curious as to peoples perception of the color. I will say that when I saw it, I listened to the ppl around me and most people referred to it as burgandy or a very dark red.

My vote is for burgandy. I could see how someone could call it a dark,dark red. It would have looked 10x better with a lighter red like you see on most black/red interiors. but who knows, maybe it will be lighter on the production models, this was a pre-production car so I'm not sure if that color is set in stone or not.

almost every pic I have seen online makes it look much lighter than it really is, including my own pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I saw it in person at the car show a few weeks ago, it is red, kind of a blood red, not burgundy, not candy apple. I think the reason for the debate is it has a matte finish so it doesn't look as red as it would if it were glossy like the leather seats. They are really red, the dash is a more muted duller red, but not quite burgundy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went to the Seattle Car Show. They had a silver Sky with the Red and Black interior. I am not a fan of silver, but that combination looked very good. My take on the color is that it is very deep red. My wife called it burgundy. She also said it was a cool red, not a warn red.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WGH said:
Would those of you whom have seen the red interiors please remark if it is red or burgundy. I don't think burgundy would look right with the chillie pepper red! I know some say red and some say burgundy! :confused: :) :) :) :) :
Thanks everybody for sharing your thought's on the shade of red. Well Guess what,I am still :confused: as to what to order with the chille pepper red. Never gave thought to the leather fading to a pink but being here in Ohio I don't think that will be a problem. So is it red and black or all black???

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
WGH said:
Thanks everybody for sharing your thought's on the shade of red. Well Guess what,I am still :confused: as to what to order with the chille pepper red. Never gave thought to the leather fading to a pink but being here in Ohio I don't think that will be a problem. So is it red and black or all black???
I dont think you have to worry about a choice, In another thread which I can not find at the moment. It was stated that the CHILIRED does not come in the two tone red interior. Only black cloth or black leather

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
usmc said:
for those of you replying about the color, please note in your post if you have actually seen it in person or not. I'm also curious as to peoples perception of the color. I will say that when I saw it, I listened to the ppl around me and most people referred to it as burgandy or a very dark red.

My vote is for burgandy. I could see how someone could call it a dark,dark red. It would have looked 10x better with a lighter red like you see on most black/red interiors. but who knows, maybe it will be lighter on the production models, this was a pre-production car so I'm not sure if that color is set in stone or not.

almost every pic I have seen online makes it look much lighter than it really is, including my own pics.
I agree - every picture of the black/red interior makes the red look very bright. It is much more subdued in person. To me, it is a very elegant color and should go well with my first choice of sliver graphite.

I have one shot of the interior taken at the SF auto show on Wednesday (11/23). Here's the link: http://www.putfile.com/pjruegg

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
BigDog---

Your camera caught the color very well. Do you live in SF? I'm up in
Rohnert park but work in SF. Just curious, which dealership are you going through and how many ppl do they have on their pre order list?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bigdog said:
I agree - every picture of the black/red interior makes the red look very bright. It is much more subdued in person. To me, it is a very elegant color and should go well with my first choice of sliver graphite.

I have one shot of the interior taken at the SF auto show on Wednesday (11/23). Here's the link: http://www.putfile.com/pjruegg
Thanks for the photo's of the red interior. I think I am going to listen to those of you who have said that it is a dark red and not burgundy. :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
usmc said:
Your camera caught the color very well. Do you live in SF? I'm up in
Rohnert park but work in SF. Just curious, which dealership are you going through and how many ppl do they have on their pre order list?
I'm out in east Contra Costa County - Antioch. My dealer is Saturn of Concord. According to them, there is a long list of interested folks but the "real" list should be determined come order time. As of today I'm still in the number two position.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
PammySky said:
Hum you think the black looks grey because of the matte finish?????
Yes, the black looks darker in person. It's more of a grey tint in the photos due to the crummy lighting and the flash.

·
Registered
245 Posts
another option is to buy which ever is cheapest (all black, i'm assuming) and take it into a custom interior shop and get them to make the red accents you want with a brighter color red... might cost a bit more, but you'll what YOU want, not what GM officials thought would be best to sell...

·
Registered
11 Posts
would definitely look into the black tan interior... all black would be too hot to sit on after some sun exposure in the summer. the other issue with the light top skin of the dash is the reflection during driving. i've always wondering how people drive with bright coloured interior - especially those with custom interior with glossy FG dash - drive under the sun. that's gotta be straining eye if its a long drive. any thoughts guys?

if the black / tan combo comes with a tan top skin for the dash... i would go all black and just get some custom inserts re-upholstered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts